ENTRY LEVEL IS NOT TWO TIER!!!!

level

Tell that to workers in DTP on the engine dress line and the frame select line ,confirmed at the last general council meeting by Jerry Sullivan that those jobs if Ford went with the 2 tier system would be concidered "none core jobs".

You Level as already stated are full of it !

DTP had already negotiated those changes through their COA to bring in P221 now and the P415 next year and those lines were going to go to an outside concern (about 150 jobs on 3 crews).

Under the pattern of the new "grow in" at GM and Chrysler, these jobs would remain Local UAW jobs instead of an outside supplier, albeit at the grow in rate.

Since they were already outsourced to bring in work competetively, this allows us to take the work back into the plant with our UAW workers.

This pattern actually returns work to the locals that they lost in their COA's that passed by high percentages.

What is wrong with bringing work back in?

Currently, they are manning these lines with Temps, hoping we get this pattern through so the outside concern doesn't take the jobs as the COA allowed.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you should read it for yourself and form an opinion!

but it is two tier to me, and i read it.

opinions are like a--holes...everyone has one. Furious/Dark and Kimber all want more than one!! If you would like more please stay on your SOS site and leave this forum for employees that have legitimate questions and are looking for real factual answers!!

opinions are like a--holes...everyone has one. Furious/Dark and Kimber all want more than one!! If you would like more please stay on your SOS site and leave this forum for employees that have legitimate questions and are looking for real factual answers!!

You two are the outsiders! Captain and Level sittin in a tree, circle jerk each other and then they leave!

Captain, we actually are having some decent dialogue here, let's try to be serious. All joking aside, we, including myself, need to remember we are all brothers and sisters in this mess together. Let's all try a little dignity and respect for eachother.

How about it.

post-11790-1127269109_thumb.jpg

post-11790-1127269119_thumb.jpg

Captain, we actually are having some decent dialogue here, let's try to be serious. All joking aside, we, including myself, need to remember we are all brothers and sisters in this mess together. Let's all try a little dignity and respect for eachother.

How about it.

Does that mean you not going to tell anyone to go f-ck their self today. You don't speak for anyone other than you and Captain, and you missed the moral high ground already!

It won't happen at all, all we have to do is vote "NO" as-lick!

You know something, when I make a legitimate point to all of the people reading this thread, and you come back with a stupid ass response, it really makes you seem idiotic. There aren't many people that would not agree that what I have said aboput returning the work - is the right thing to do.

Our locals were put under tremendous pressure locally during some harsh economic times. The local leadership did what they had to do to secure the futures of their plants and membership. This lead to a tremendous amount of outsourcing to a lower wage supplier on certain non core parts and operations. While I do not agree that there is anything that is non-core, The big three have been using that term to apply to any operation that can be done cheaper on the outside. The local decided to let portions of these operations, so they did not lose the entire plant to another country.

Deny it all you want, as you watch our members bought out, and plants closed while others are built in Romania, Spain, Turkey, China etc.

The people in the plants that are reading this thread are waiting for your intellectual response to my statements.

I suggest you post your great idea on how you would do this a better way.

What do you say genius?

That's no way to talk to a lady, it's funny that you and level log on at the same time, but I guess you still expect us to believe that you two aren't working in concert!

I don't know what level is or was doing. All I know is I just got off work!! If he just got off work then yes he probably would be loggin on at the same time. Brilliant!!! You must be part of the CSI!!

How about it.

Are you kidding me right now? You must be a salaried sack!! You flip flop like Furious and Dark!! Nice cover...you all must be lovers!!

You know something, when I make a legitimate point to all of the people reading this thread, and you come back with a stupid ass response, it really makes you seem idiotic. There aren't many people that would not agree that what I have said aboput returning the work - is the right thing to do.

Our locals were put under tremendous pressure locally during some harsh economic times. The local leadership did what they had to do to secure the futures of their plants and membership. This lead to a tremendous amount of outsourcing to a lower wage supplier on certain non core parts and operations. While I do not agree that there is anything that is non-core, The big three have been using that term to apply to any operation that can be done cheaper on the outside. The local decided to let portions of these operations, so they did not lose the entire plant to another country.

Deny it all you want, as you watch our members bought out, and plants closed while others are built in Romania, Spain, Turkey, China etc.

The people in the plants that are reading this thread are waiting for your intellectual response to my statements.

I suggest you post your great idea on how you would do this a better way.

What do you say genius?

What was your legitimate point "Go f-ck yourself" good point?

Reprinted for your convenience

DTP had already negotiated those changes through their COA to bring in P221 now and the P415 next year and those lines were going to go to an outside concern (about 150 jobs on 3 crews).

Under the pattern of the new "grow in" at GM and Chrysler, these jobs would remain Local UAW jobs instead of an outside supplier, albeit at the grow in rate.

Since they were already outsourced to bring in work competetively, this allows us to take the work back into the plant with our UAW workers.

This pattern actually returns work to the locals that they lost in their COA's that passed by high percentages.

What is wrong with bringing work back in?

Currently, they are manning these lines with Temps, hoping we get this pattern through so the outside concern doesn't take the jobs as the COA allowed.

First of all they will never be the majority- They will only be 10 to 25% of the entire workforce.

Look at GM white book pages 111 to 112.

They get raises capped at 3.75% - never get a negative result, and they get the lump sum raises each year.

On top of that, they get first crack at the higher paying jobs and move up to that rate when there is an opening.

We used to have a true two tier system in Ford before, this is not a two tier, it is a grow in that starts lower so all of us working now do not have to take a 5 or 7 dollar an hour pay cut.

Lump sum is not a raise. If the plants bring back all of the sub-assembly work and classify that work as non-core, it could be a cold day in hell before the lower seniority workers ever get on the line. Wow, something to look forward to! I looked forward to getting off the line.

Then I guess your answer is to bury your head in the sand and wait for the government to stop sending work out?

As I stated, you don't have any answers to the problems, only criticism. You are pathetic.

I'm pathetic, your the one who supports concessions and eventually total outsourcing! Your a worthless human being!

Lump sum is not a raise. If the plants bring back all of the sub-assembly work and classify that work as non-core, it could be a cold day in hell before the lower seniority workers ever get on the line. Wow, something to look forward to! I looked forward to getting off the line.

I never said lump sum was a raise. They get the lump sum, and they get incremental raises. Read the contract pages 111 and 112.

Your a rock! dc68.jpg

Yes coolguy, I am a new log in. I have been following you and the other bitter-bunch bull for the last two days. To be honest with you I am a little worried about the upcoming agreements with Ford, but I will make an informed decision on the facts. It seems that you and the rest of the "S"ame "O"ld "S"hit crowd are in full swing to cause dissention and disection of our Union. By the way I am neither an International Rep nor a Supervisor. Level thanks for trying to bring some facts to the table.

I'm pathetic, your the one who supports concessions and eventually total outsourcing! Your a worthless human being!

I am not supporting concessions, the concessions were made at the local level to retain product. They outsourced work. This brings it back.

Are you having a problem following events?

Maybe if you had a life besides posting, you would know what is going on around you.

Go ahead, step away from the computer slowly, and look out the window.

Now read a newspaper instead of a blog.

Take two hundred aspirins and call me in a year.

hey Trim, maybe you can pull furious off the rock and take it home and fk yourself with it and get off :happy feet: :happy feet: !!

Yes coolguy, I am a new log in. I have been following you and the other bitter-bunch bull for the last two days. To be honest with you I am a little worried about the upcoming agreements with Ford, but I will make an informed decision on the facts. It seems that you and the rest of the "S"ame "O"ld "S"hit crowd are in full swing to cause dissention and disection of our Union. By the way I am neither an International Rep nor a Supervisor. Level thanks for trying to bring some facts to the table.

Your my number 1 post guy, you guys are all friends and are chanting the same SOS mantra. Funny I don't continually keep mentioning SOS you three are. Do you guys golf together? The people on this forum are not stupid, it's a community. And just because you preempted my attack on your new account doesn't change the fact that you are here wit an agenda! Captain, Level and kckid are buddies!

I am not supporting concessions, the concessions were made at the local level to retain product. They outsourced work. This brings it back.

Are you having a problem following events?

Maybe if you had a life besides posting, you would know what is going on around you.

Go ahead, step away from the computer slowly, and look out the window.

Now read a newspaper instead of a blog.

Take two hundred aspirins and call me in a year.

No your supporting a contract that proposes to eventually lose long term solvency for retiree medical, and create a sub-class of of labor pool! I wasn't referring to the COA's and MOA's!

Edited by Furious1Auto