Is Halloween an issue in your plant

ellu369

Yes, I have more than 10 years. And yes, I have the available vacation.

But see, that's part of the point. There are rules. We all get vacation time that was negotiated, and that vacation time is tied to your seniority.

The rules mean nothing at OAC.......you can have 20 years in and ask a year in advance and they won't give you Halloween off if you ask for it. They say they can't plan for that night because so many people simply blow it off no matter what. It's been the same thing every year I've worked there.....a flat out no for the askers and beg day shift people to work a double back.

Luckily for me I've been on days with my young son to take him out and I wouldn't want to miss out on that stuff so I can totally understand someone blowing the night off or coming in late to take their young child out......especially if they're a single parent.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...you have no clue what it's like in Trim today...

Well, duh, no, I guess NOT - since AAP is CLOSED. But as Alzheimers' has not set in yet, I CAN recall what it was like there a little more than a year ago when I WAS still an AAP worker. And I CAN (and did) state that asking off for Halloween was NOT an issue.

Not really sure what your point is - but I'm sure there must be one in there somewhere.

MISMANAGEMENT!

Yes, Mismanagement. If a group of your employees, miss the same day every year......year after year then you have to start looking at the root cause and adjust to it accordingly. As an Employee, I do agree that it is our duty to let management know in advance that you'd like a certain day off.

Here is a taste of the real world. I scheduled a staff meeting last thursday and told all employees if anyone was 1 second late they would be sent home. I sent 50% of staff home with no pay.

I'm sure that was a very productive meeting.

Well, duh, no, I guess NOT - since AAP is CLOSED. But as Alzheimers' has not set in yet, I CAN recall what it was like there a little more than a year ago when I WAS still an AAP worker. And I CAN (and did) state that asking off for Halloween was NOT an issue.

Not really sure what your point is - but I'm sure there must be one in there somewhere.

I guessing they had lots of AWOL's in trim. Don't think his comment was directed at anyone.

I guessing they had lots of AWOL's in trim. Don't think his comment was directed at anyone.

Yep, Atlanta always DID have a few AWOL's in Trim, and everywhere ELSE in the plant - but it was an everyday deal, had nothing to do with Halloween and being with the kiddies.

That's one of the issues that Ford and the UAW should be dealing with in the contract, people laying out for no good reason, but I doubt if that will EVER happen, although I remain hopeful.

Funny thing is I own the company so I make the rules but I treat my employees well until they start to forget that it is a business and without profit we close.

I pay for lunch everyday for every employee and add a little extra in the paychecks for performance and better than usual profits. Once a week I buy dinner and drinks for all and I even advance $$ if the reason is a good one.

No one deserves to be treated badly on the job but you earn respect and extras, you don't demand it.

Funny thing is I own the company so I make the rules but I treat my employees well until they start to forget that it is a business and without profit we close.

I pay for lunch everyday for every employee and add a little extra in the paychecks for performance and better than usual profits. Once a week I buy dinner and drinks for all and I even advance $$ if the reason is a good one.

No one deserves to be treated badly on the job but you earn respect and extras, you don't demand it.

Well a lot of ignorant people in Michigan sure can't understand the basics of business can they?

How do you go from being an electrician at NAP, to an executive who can send 50% of his "staff" home with no pay for being one second late to a "staff" meeting, in a matter of a few months?

If that happens to be true, and I repeat, IF, do you think your "staff" remain loyal, trusted employees?

I might be a dickhead, but I know how NOT to treat employees. :hysterical:

That must be one hell of a profitable company in order to buy lunch for everyone, everyday. Oh, wait a minute, I heard once that some of the fast food joints allow their employees a drink and a small sandwich at break. Is that what you meant to say? :lol:

How do you go from being an electrician at NAP, to an executive who can send 50% of his "staff" home with no pay for being one second late to a "staff" meeting, in a matter of a few months?

If that happens to be true, and I repeat, IF, do you think your "staff" remain loyal, trusted employees?

I might be a dickhead, but I know how NOT to treat employees. :hysterical:

That must be one hell of a profitable company in order to buy lunch for everyone, everyday. Oh, wait a minute, I heard once that some of the fast food joints allow their employees a drink and a small sandwich at break. Is that what you meant to say? :lol:

Did I say executive?

You insinuate that an Electrician at NAP only has the intellect to be an employee in said trade or has never done anything else prior or during. Perhaps you also think all NAP employees who took the buyouts blew all the money on plasma tv's etc.

Sorry some of us do not fall into your vision but if it helps ease your inquisitive mind I started the purchase of an established business prior to NAP closing.

Did the drink and small sandwich pay for itself? :confused:

Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus - Cite This Source - Share This

Main Entry: STAFF Part of Speech: noun 1

Definition: employees

Synonyms: agents, assistants, cadre, cast, crew, deputies, faculty, force, help, officers, operatives, organization, peons, personnel, savages, servants, shop, slaves, teachers, team, work force, workers

That is the problem with this forum. I asked a simple question regarding Halloween and a rumer I heard about Kansas City Assembly and by the 6th or 7th post it had become just another excuse to beat on each other and trash talk. This forum is full of potential Jerry Springer guests. :banghead:

That is the problem with this forum. I asked a simple question regarding Halloween and a rumer I heard about Kansas City Assembly and by the 6th or 7th post it had become just another excuse to beat on each other and trash talk. This forum is full of potential Jerry Springer guests. :banghead:

LOL

Edited by Wanderinglost

MISMANAGEMENT!

Get your ass to work everyday you are scheduled and if you want to spend time at home then quit and stay home. Put in for leave in advance and follow the rules, no problem.

Here is a taste of the real world. I scheduled a staff meeting last thursday and told all employees if anyone was 1 second late they would be sent home. I sent 50% of staff home with no pay.

A contract is a contract, you agreed to accomplish said tasks for x amount of hours per day in exchange for the $$$ that support you and your family.

You are a typical hoarses ass! I assume you are Mangement by your post. You are the reason ford is having problems with people like you. You called a staff meeting. Woaa thats big of you to say because now you make it look like you are important. Well, your not! If you have kids, did you, or are you teaching them to grow up to be assholes like you? By your post you are a mean-spirited, mindless, heartless, dickless, sorry ass prick.

You are a typical hoarses ass! I assume you are Mangement by your post. You are the reason ford is having problems with people like you. You called a staff meeting. Woaa thats big of you to say because now you make it look like you are important. Well, your not! If you have kids, did you, or are you teaching them to grow up to be assholes like you? By your post you are a mean-spirited, mindless, heartless, dickless, sorry ass prick.

Actually I was hourly at NAP which is now closed and based on what I saw I will be damned if I let any stupid shit cause "MY" company to lose money or worse even close. I make the rules and you agree to them when you accept the job. Just as I meet all my contactual obligations I expect the same.

None of us had a say so in any of the internal affairs between management and the Union but if you for one minute think Management is 100% to blame for the sad situation Ford is in then you are blind.

As for your personal attack without knowing me I will just consider the ignorance of the source and do as I usually do with such a source and use more toilet paper.

Edited by unionj

:hysterical: ...ain't it great? I've made it a habit to check here before going to work at KTP. Now you know... :hysterical:

Actually I was hourly at NAP which is now closed and based on what I saw I will be damned if I let any stupid shit cause "MY" company to lose money or worse even close. I make the rules and you agree to them when you accept the job. Just as I meet all my contactual obligations I expect the same.

None of us had a say so in any of the internal affairs between management and the Union but if you for one minute think Management is 100% to blame for the sad situation Ford is in then you are blind.

As for your personal attack without knowing me I will just consider the ignorance of the source and do as I usually do with such a source and use more toilet paper.

A few questions unionJ

First are you still hourly or salary ?

judging by the quote i linked seems since you make the rules ,you would now be salary.if that is so I surely can blame managment for not useing the rules that have been in place for decades to stop absentism.

far to often managment turns a blind eye to people that are habitualy late or have in the past abused the attendance policy with regards to AWOLS, seems they only care about following the rules is when ;they either do not like the person that skips a day or at times when situations like this come up every year for afternoons on halloween.

But to those that for most parts of the year are at work and have personal time left those workers should be able to use that time as they see fit , its there personal time why punish good workers that chose to use There personal time to spend with family ?

You are correct managment is not 100% at fault but they sure should take a big portion of the blame since the rules are there for them to enfoce, not to mention Ford or any of the big three would not be in such bad shape if top managment salaries were in line with there foriegn compeditors.

A few questions unionJ

First are you still hourly or salary ?

judging by the quote i linked seems since you make the rules ,you would now be salary.if that is so I surely can blame managment for not useing the rules that have been in place for decades to stop absentism.

far to often managment turns a blind eye to people that are habitualy late or have in the past abused the attendance policy with regards to AWOLS, seems they only care about following the rules is when ;they either do not like the person that skips a day or at times when situations like this come up every year for afternoons on halloween.

But to those that for most parts of the year are at work and have personal time left those workers should be able to use that time as they see fit , its there personal time why punish good workers that chose to use There personal time to spend with family ?

You are correct managment is not 100% at fault but they sure should take a big portion of the blame since the rules are there for them to enfoce, not to mention Ford or any of the big three would not be in such bad shape if top managment salaries were in line with there foriegn compeditors.

You're kidding right? Every time management at our plant tries to punish said workers, the Union steps in and no matter how worthless the workers is, he/she gets off the hook. There are so many back door deals going on between the Union and upper management, that when lower management tries to do their job, they are overruled because of the deals.

This is the kind of ridiculous crap that makes UAW workers all look like morons. Bitch about real issues and do as some suggest and schedule the day far in advance. If you do not have the time, but are a good employee and insist on hanging with the kids for safety/fun/memories or whatever then you can afford an Awol. If you are a POS that is in attendence trouble then I am sorry but you get the trick not the treat.