Ford Flex to be built in Oakville, Canada

UltimateX

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I doubt that any new model will ever be built in the U.S. again. I think All of the big three want to gradually move all production out of the U.S..... ( It is just my opinion... )

MkS will be built at Chicago. If the contract is ratified, Ford has promised new product to several different assembly plants.

Not before the Thursday release of Q3 figures - that's what Mulally wants.

So they don't want the specifics released until after the Q3 figures, but want the ratification vote before the release of the figures....

Edited by ManFord

So they don't want the specifics released until after the Q3 figures, but want the ratification vote before the release of the figures....

They should just release the entire contract and let people read it. I'm kind of shocked people are willing to vote to sign a contract they have never read.

Pioneer, won't you guys get to see the details before its released to the public?

You mean the white pages? With Chrysler and GM somebody was nice enough to scan and post them. Hopefully somebody does this with ford as well. The only people that have access to them are the Bargainers going up to Cobo.

You mean the white pages? With Chrysler and GM somebody was nice enough to scan and post them. Hopefully somebody does this with ford as well. The only people that have access to them are the Bargainers going up to Cobo.

Will you know any details before you vote on it? I mean how can they not want details released till after Q3 figures, but want ratification from workers before the figures are released. Do you get to see any of it? Maybe not see, but at least know? I feel like I'm talking in circles, sorry.

Edited by ManFord

Will you know any details before you vote on it? I mean how can they not want details released till after Q3 figures, but want ratification from workers before the figures are released. Do you get to see any of it? Maybe not see, but at least know? I feel like I'm talking in circles, sorry.

Q3 figures will be released on Thursday IIRC. We will not be voting until at least this weekend. The highlights have already been released on the Internet and we will be having Q&A sessions at each local before we vote.

We will know some facts. But, what remains to be seen is what facts the Union will withhold from us. Hopefully the "white pages" are leaked and we know exactly what we are voting on.

Q3 figures will be released on Thursday IIRC. We will not be voting until at least this weekend. The highlights have already been released on the Internet and we will be having Q&A sessions at each local before we vote.

We will know some facts. But, what remains to be seen is what facts the Union will withhold from us. Hopefully the "white pages" are leaked and we know exactly what we are voting on.

Oh ok, I see now...thanks for being patient. Thats gotta to be tough to know they could be withholding info, dude

Oh ok, I see now...thanks for being patient. Thats gotta to be tough to know they could be withholding info, dude

They are withholding information. There is no "could". Between the unpublished letters and the "white pages", sometimes it's hard to tell who exactly the Union is working for.

They are withholding information. There is no "could". Between the unpublished letters and the "white pages", sometimes it's hard to tell who exactly the Union is working for.

If I was a UAW member I'd be pissed the union doesn't think I'm smart enough to know what's actually going on.

If I was a UAW leader and knew the workers would only ratify a contract that would lead to bankruptcy... well... the leaders stand to lose their jobs, too.

If I was a UAW leader, I would be enjoying my Ford paid vacations in the Bahamas a little too much to not let it be voted down.

:stirpot:

I Understand it a complex document.

Would there be an executive summary that would be a true

indicator to all main points and contingencies?

as with all complex legal documents, there are always minute clauses buried in the text tat never make it to a summary.

as with all complex legal documents, there are always minute clauses buried in the text tat never make it to a summary.

I understand that and you'd think the UAW officials would make clear to rank and file

any hidden pit falls buried in the contract - being as they represent the workers.

It sounds as though some of the posters here mistrust their UAW negotiators.

I'm cuious, what reason would UAW negotiators have to keep details from workers before a vote?

Are there any consequences for such a breech of trust?

I understand that and you'd think the UAW officials would make clear to rank and file

any hidden pit falls buried in the contract - being as they represent the workers.

no, they represent themselves and their own paychecks first.

Union officials have their own agenda and what they personally think is best for the members. Just like any elected politician. When is the last time a politician did what you wanted them to do, versus doing what they wanted to do?