TRADES>>>>Elec reqs to be posted on Mon 26th

uawfactoryrat

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I worked at some plant that closed. Then id be an apprentice already and getting placed instead of being on a list at a plant that will never place people on trades. Ill be 75 years old by the time I get picked off Livonias list.

KCAP posted for 17 Electricians about two months ago and only had three apprentices accept. They said they all have around 6000 hours. Haven't seen any of them in the plant yet but we are still short 17 Sparkys at the min.. Would like to see more like 30-35 be replaced. We had at least that many retire over the past year. With the new RTO numbers I doubt we ever see all of them come back though. Good luck to all of you in JSP and at ACH facilities.

KCAP posted for 17 Electricians about two months ago and only had three apprentices accept. They said they all have around 6000 hours. Haven't seen any of them in the plant yet but we are still short 17 Sparkys at the min.. Would like to see more like 30-35 be replaced. We had at least that many retire over the past year. With the new RTO numbers I doubt we ever see all of them come back though. Good luck to all of you in JSP and at ACH facilities.

tincup2b,

Thanks,

We'll need it. I'm not an Electrician. I might have a better chance if I was.

I hope we all make it to a place with as little trouble on our families as possible.

It's not looking so good as of yet though.

I can not understand why they don't retrain trades people in from one trade into ones that are in needed. I mean crap (sorry) a pipe fitter or tool and die person already has all the safety training and basically knows where all the equipment is in a plant, has a knowledge of how pnenumatics work etc. so it should be a lot easier for them to learn the electrical trade and be able to produce a lot faster than a first year apprentice. I just used those two groups and not for any other reason than for an example but sometimes common sense at this company takes a back seat to a college education. Hiring of the street should not even be considered unless your the kid of Plant manager or Chairman or higher.

I can not understand why they don't retrain trades people in from one trade into ones that are in needed. I mean crap (sorry) a pipe fitter or tool and die person already has all the safety training and basically knows where all the equipment is in a plant, has a knowledge of how pnenumatics work etc. so it should be a lot easier for them to learn the electrical trade and be able to produce a lot faster than a first year apprentice. I just used those two groups and not for any other reason than for an example but sometimes common sense at this company takes a back seat to a college education. Hiring of the street should not even be considered unless your the kid of Plant manager or Chairman or higher.

Or how about if the 1:1 and 1:2 replacement was enforced the past several yrs. And resisting these RTO #'s in the 1st place. Go back 5-6 yrs and see how many trades have attrited out. It would be a lot. And this mess would be alot smaller.IMO.

Are you out of your mind?

The last thing we want to ever see is a Mech-Elec. We would never have them, and never train someone to be one.

That was a statement truly worthy of your namesake.

As far as anyone else (mechanically related) being "retrained", there are provisions that allow for it if you are in JSP without any foreseeable future placement in your current classification. However, that was when we had 316 trades classifications, now that we are down to 22, it won't really be needed as much, if any.

Or how about if the 1:1 and 1:2 replacement was enforced the past several yrs. And resisting these RTO #'s in the 1st place. Go back 5-6 yrs and see how many trades have attrited out. It would be a lot. And this mess would be alot smaller.IMO.

You can't buy people out 30,000 at a crack and then ask for a replacement.

Buyouts do not qualify for a replacement, because you are "buying out" their Gen slot. All of the attrition replacements that the Company owes us (other than buyouts) will be washed clean from the insourced jobs. It was stated in the highlights. From now on we are on a 1:1 with no benchamark minimums or anymore bullshit like that. This will be strictly enforced, and has to be based on our current membership numbers.

You can't buy people out 30,000 at a crack and then ask for a replacement.

Buyouts do not qualify for a replacement, because you are "buying out" their Gen slot. All of the attrition replacements that the Company owes us (other than buyouts) will be washed clean from the insourced jobs. It was stated in the highlights. From now on we are on a 1:1 with no benchamark minimums or anymore bullshit like that. This will be strictly enforced, and has to be based on our current membership numbers.

Hey stupid. they werent offering buyouts 5-6 yrs ago. And as this thread refers to trades, what exactly are these insourced jobs ? From now on, from now on,from now on, well its about time. Even you yourself, or one of your rep groupees said the company dropped the ball on past attrtition replacement. These RTO # were being thrown around long b-4 buyouts. As for BUTTHEAD, I agree with your basic point but as I read it, I think he is wondering if there becomes a need for Sparkies beyond what Ford has, would they retrain others to fill said need. And where does he say the retrained EL will be Mech-Elec. You seem to read only what you want and not whats written. Could you be a Yorkie ?? And I dont mean the canine type.

I wish I worked at some plant that closed. Then id be an apprentice already and getting placed instead of being on a list at a plant that will never place people on trades. Ill be 75 years old by the time I get picked off Livonias list.

How can you work at a plant that closed? What a selfish inconsiderate post.

You can sign up for an apprenticeship at any of the local halls or with many local contracters, if you truelly want the apprenticeship that is.

How can you work at a plant that closed? What a selfish inconsiderate post.

You can sign up for an apprenticeship at any of the local halls or with many local contracters, if you truelly want the apprenticeship that is.

Noticed I said WORKED, as in past tense. Meaning used to work, douche.

No apprentices from Maumee have moved yet. I have to think they will be placed after all the journeymen have been offered a transfer.

Hey stupid. they werent offering buyouts 5-6 yrs ago. And as this thread refers to trades, what exactly are these insourced jobs ? From now on, from now on,from now on, well its about time. Even you yourself, or one of your rep groupees said the company dropped the ball on past attrtition replacement. These RTO # were being thrown around long b-4 buyouts. As for BUTTHEAD, I agree with your basic point but as I read it, I think he is wondering if there becomes a need for Sparkies beyond what Ford has, would they retrain others to fill said need. And where does he say the retrained EL will be Mech-Elec. You seem to read only what you want and not whats written. Could you be a Yorkie ?? And I dont mean the canine type.

Hey "wheres my dildo",

No one asked you to explain what someone else says. It amazes me that you are one of the few that can interpret "butthead" but I can see why, snce you are an "asshole".

There is no such thing as a "Sparkie". Not many people understand your pet names. yorkie (not the dog) sparkie, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Why don't you just get lost in the crowd like your namesake. Dork.

wheres_waldo_costume_06288.jpg

Thanks Waldo, No, I would never advocate two groups and yes I do believe there will be a need for additional trades people in all classification regardless of the buyout.

No you never advocated two groups. You advocated retraining mechanicical trades into electricians. Now if you were the Company, and the Union was against Mech-elects, and the Union gave the training to that group, and they then had the ability to do both.......

that is exactly what you said, but you couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I repeat, that is the dumbest thing I ever heard,

everyone that agrees with you is also stupid.

Everyone on this forum, is now dumber for having read it.

I TOLD YOU TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!

Edited by level

No apprentices from Maumee have moved yet. I have to think they will be placed after all the journeymen have been offered a transfer.

The apprentices are handled by the NJAC, not the JSP placement hierarchy. They will be looked at. We cannot let them wait years in the middle of their apprenticeships, it would be wrong. We can allow them to finish and go into the JSP as journeyman, or some other options.

No one asked you to explain what someone else says. It amazes me that you are one of the few that can interpret "butthead" but I can see why, snce you are an "asshole".

There is no such thing as a "Sparkie". Not many people understand your pet names. yorkie (not the dog) sparkie, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Just like a rep. Ask some questions and you get interference and static instead. Are you sure you're not a DiGeorgio or Browning poop boy. Oh yeah there's probably no such thing. Get out on the floor more and you'd know more slang.Instead you know your way around all the degenerative computer garbage.By the way a Yorkie is a New Yorker, someone slick talking but always with another agenda. Ask Eddie next time you see him. With people like you at the table along with those idiots at the glass house, I see how we got to where we are today........Soooo, what are these insourced trade jobs you hum about ?

There is no specific ratio.

I agree, the only ratios I have seen were for overtime and they were locally negotiated. As far as I know there is no ratio for number of apprentices. most plants have a formula used to determine if and when they need to add apprentices. They take in to account projected retirements, work load and much more.

Level, thanks for clariffying my remark about apprentices moving. I thought about it after I posted it and remembered a National negotiator had told me that at a meeting in Lima. I was told they would like to get them finished and them move them into JPS just like you said. I had a momentary brain fart after reading about someone wishing they were at a closing plant. Coming from a plant that is closing, I would not wish that on anyone. It irritates me when people think we are getting special treatment. I am really not looking forward to uprooting my family and moving. Thanks again Level.

Just like a rep. Ask some questions and you get interference and static instead. Are you sure you're not a DiGeorgio or Browning poop boy. Oh yeah there's probably no such thing. Get out on the floor more and you'd know more slang.Instead you know your way around all the degenerative computer garbage.By the way a Yorkie is a New Yorker, someone slick talking but always with another agenda. Ask Eddie next time you see him. With people like you at the table along with those idiots at the glass house, I see how we got to where we are today........Soooo, what are these insourced trade jobs you hum about ?

Here you go again, talking crap. I still don't know what you are talking about. Am I a New Yorker? Is that supposed to be some kind of insult? New Yorkers have hidden agendas?

Another thing, I don't deal with "slang". Legitimate questions are not answered based on my interpretation of slang. Where I come from, sparkies are what they call production welders-assemblers, not trades. Asking a question to give a clear answer from another person, is not any reason for me to haver to explain myself to you. You seem to be a retired supervisor or some bitter salary guy as far as I'm concerned.

Who the hell is Eddie?

And finally:

There are no insourced trades jobs, but the insourced production jobs and associated equipment will increase trades manning numbers in all of the plants. That's just common sense, but of course, you have none.

There is no specific ratio.

Pioneer is correct. The methodology that is used predicts journeyperson needs out into the 4 year future based on historic trends.

The current retirment/buyouts have skewed the methodology and it isn't really doing the trick for us. That is why the new language demands for it to be re-evaluated.

It also will take into account all of the red-circled trades work that will be consolidated into another base trade now. For example, in the past, we had cutter grinders and they were not in any formula, as they are not apprenticeable. Based on the new criteria, this work will be absorbed by the tool and die trades, so any quits deaths and retirments pending in this "red-circled" classification, will now count toward apprentice needs in tool and die trades, as will machinist retirements, etc.... The old methodology di not account for such absorption of work.

You seem to be a retired supervisor or some bitter salary guy as far as I'm concerned.

That's just common sense, but of course, you have none.

Hey, come-on Level. Let's lighten up on people a little. We've got the obvious pukes posting on this site that have problems, but people are coming to you for answers because

1.) we're not getting answers in the plants, because locals don't have them yet.

2.) your taking the time to inform people. and helping to explain.

3.) it's extremely easy to misunderstand someone because of how people write/speak.

Let's save the flames for the one that deserves it.