My New 2008 Focus SES

johnjyi

I just took delivery of my new 2008 Focus SES. My wife and daughter named her "Minnie".

She handles well, is well equipped, and looks very nice. The "chrome" side vents actually looks like the letter "F"...sorta like the "E" on DEI cars.

I will say this, though. The letter "S" on the trunk is so narrow that it's starting to lose adhesiveness. Also, with the audiophile, the cover around the subwoofer in the trunk is not properly fastened. The cover moves too much, in my opinion. These, however, can be remedied.

Here's a few photos.

post-22182-1195743778_thumb.jpg

post-22182-1195743818_thumb.jpg

post-22182-1195743853_thumb.jpg

post-22182-1195743902_thumb.jpg

post-22182-1195743923_thumb.jpg

post-22182-1195743939_thumb.jpg

Great pics!

If you don't mind, could you take pics of the interior console? Specifically, could you take pictures of the lower half of the stereo console... I'd like to see which buttons are blacked out. From the concept pictures, I can see there's traction control, and possibly heated seats.

Where would the ambient light switch be located?

Thanks in advance. I don't like to see blacked-out switches, so I'm curious as to which options I'd have to order in order to make said switches functional.

Great pics!

If you don't mind, could you take pics of the interior console? Specifically, could you take pictures of the lower half of the stereo console... I'd like to see which buttons are blacked out. From the concept pictures, I can see there's traction control, and possibly heated seats.

Where would the ambient light switch be located?

Thanks in advance. I don't like to see blacked-out switches, so I'm curious as to which options I'd have to order in order to make said switches functional.

As you'll see in the picture -- sorry, hard to get crispness when so close -- there's nothing on the buttons under the heated seats. Also, the button next to the ambient light that looks blacked out is actually the passenger airbag light.

Hope this helps!

post-22182-1196014530_thumb.jpg

Let us know how you like Sync.

So far, I've only had the chance to link my cell phone to it. The sound transfer is great. When the sales manager showed me how the system works with a flash drive, it worked fine.

The only thing that's a bit negative is the lag between the system acknowledging the wish to make a call and giving the command. When you press the "phone" and then "voice", the system has a voice message. After the message, you get to state the command like "call home" or something. Otherwise, it's great so far.

As you'll see in the picture -- sorry, hard to get crispness when so close -- there's nothing on the buttons under the heated seats. Also, the button next to the ambient light that looks blacked out is actually the passenger airbag light.

Hope this helps!

It sure did help. You've done a better job than Ford's marketing/brochure printing people.

:shades:

Hope this helps!

I think I know why your dash picture is so blurry. Your feet are very Clear :hysterical::hysterical:

Maybe you can get the auto focus to select the dash next time!!! :stirpot:

I think I know why your dash picture is so blurry. Your feet are very Clear :hysterical::hysterical:

Maybe you can get the auto focus to select the dash next time!!! :stirpot:

Thanks for the suggestion, stryper (hey, wasn't that a "Christian" glam band from the 80's?)!

I'll tell my daughter to take her feet out of the picture next time. :doh:

Thanks for the suggestion, stryper (hey, wasn't that a "Christian" glam band from the 80's?)!

I'll tell my daughter to take her feet out of the picture next time. :doh:

You are correct about Stryper. Reborn is their latest album. They are certainly no where near as popular as they were back then, but me and my brother saw them a couple of years ago at the House of Blues in Chicago. They Rocked!!!!

They are going to be releasing another album in 2008.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi exrub,

Did you also order the Sport Appearance Package too, right? Up here in Canada it's about $1200 more, and we get the polished exhaust tip, silvery console inside, ambient lighting, the same rims you have pictured, and the spoiler. My apologies if the options lists for the US is different than the Canadian list.

Edited by WkjeepSRT8

Hi exrub,

Did you also order the Sport Appearance Package too, right? Up here in Canada it's about $1200 more, and we get the polished exhaust tip, silvery console inside, ambient lighting, the same rims you have pictured, and the spoiler. My apologies if the options lists for the US is different than the Canadian list.

Hi, there!

Options must be different. I bought the SES which comes with the options you listed. The ambient lighting was a separate option, and yes I did get that. It's cool in the dark.

Hi WkjeepSRT8, I think the model configurations work out as such; of course there may be other differences between the Canadian and US Focus:

Canadian SES = US SE with Deluxe Package (chrome look door handles, Euroflange 16" wheels, no decklid spoiler)

Canadian Sport Appearance Package = US SES (body color door handles, 6 spoke 16" wheels, decklid spoiler)

The US SES (like exrub's) comes standard with SYNC, cruise control, and leather wrapped steering wheel, which are all options on the SE Deluxe. The ambient lighting is an option on both, although both do come with the polished exhaust tip and silvery console.

The fact that it's an extra add-on does make me think for several moments. For $1200 I have to figure out if I really want a spoiler, exhaust tip, etc. If I can live without it, I'd definitely skip it.

Ambient lighting is really the only thing I want, and so I can get that on the Canadian SES trim a la carte for $295 dollars.

Hi WkjeepSRT8, I think the model configurations work out as such; of course there may be other differences between the Canadian and US Focus:

Canadian SES = US SE with Deluxe Package (chrome look door handles, Euroflange 16" wheels, no decklid spoiler)

Canadian Sport Appearance Package = US SES (body color door handles, 6 spoke 16" wheels, decklid spoiler)

The US SES (like exrub's) comes standard with SYNC, cruise control, and leather wrapped steering wheel, which are all options on the SE Deluxe. The ambient lighting is an option on both, although both do come with the polished exhaust tip and silvery console.

The fact that it's an extra add-on does make me think for several moments. For $1200 I have to figure out if I really want a spoiler, exhaust tip, etc. If I can live without it, I'd definitely skip it.

Ambient lighting is really the only thing I want, and so I can get that on the Canadian SES trim a la carte for $295 dollars.

In all honesty, I bought the SES because that was the only way to get heated leather seats at that time. They've changed the options now so it's available on the SE. I like the chrome tip, but I wish there was a spoiler delete option when I ordered mine. The gap between the wing and the deck is so narrow it's difficult to clean and wax the underside.

Yes! I was just thinking that when I was looking at a similarly-equipped car on the dealer's lot. Make it higher (not my cup of tea), or make it a lip spoiler.

I know the Mustang has a spoiler delete option.

In all honesty, I bought the SES because that was the only way to get heated leather seats at that time. They've changed the options now so it's available on the SE. I like the chrome tip, but I wish there was a spoiler delete option when I ordered mine. The gap between the wing and the deck is so narrow it's difficult to clean and wax the underside.

• 3 months later...
I just took delivery of my new 2008 Focus SES. My wife and daughter named her "Minnie".

She handles well, is well equipped, and looks very nice. The "chrome" side vents actually looks like the letter "F"...sorta like the "E" on DEI cars.

I will say this, though. The letter "S" on the trunk is so narrow that it's starting to lose adhesiveness. Also, with the audiophile, the cover around the subwoofer in the trunk is not properly fastened. The cover moves too much, in my opinion. These, however, can be remedied.

Here's a few photos.

would you happened to have a picture of the subwoofer in the trunk