Abandoning the Ranger

danup

Ya know, I closed an account with one of my credit cards cause their customer service was in Indian, so when they asked, why? I told them just that...I told them it was nothing offensive, it's just I speak 4 languages and even I can't understand their accent...

Ya know, I closed an account with one of my credit cards cause their customer service was in Indian, so when they asked, why? I told them just that...I told them it was nothing offensive, it's just I speak 4 languages and even I can't understand their accent...

Did you know that apparently the reason that they are so hard to understand is that they usually learn English with a very heavy British accent. I think they should put customer service in Newfoundland and Labrador. It would give them jobs and they would be even less understandable than the Indians :lol:

Well supposedly McDonald's wants to outsource it's drive-thru tellers to Indian. As in, when you give your order, someone in India is typing it up for the people at the store to place it together. I wonder though if you change your mind at the window, what do you do, and who do you blame, "I said Chicken Tenders!, Not Tits in Blenders!!"....

Well supposedly McDonald's wants to outsource it's drive-thru tellers to Indian. As in, when you give your order, someone in India is typing it up for the people at the store to place it together. I wonder though if you change your mind at the window, what do you do, and who do you blame, "I said Chicken Tenders!, Not Tits in Blenders!!"....

Many McDonald's here they have gone back to ordering from the person rather than the speaker. Not sure why.

Did you know that apparently the reason that they are so hard to understand is that they usually learn English with a very heavy British accent. I think they should put customer service in Newfoundland and Labrador. It would give them jobs and they would be even less understandable than the Indians :lol:

Bullshit, we have so many Indians here in Saudi it's not even funny, they suck at Arabic so hard you have to speak to them in their twisted Arabic accent/grammar/vocabulary so they would understand, and they still don't understand.

I nearly derailed a different topic by asking this, so I figured I'd make a new one: a lot of people harangue the Ranger being killed off by mentioning that Ford is abandoning a truck/segment that once sold 400,000+ vehicles. All I want to ask is: are you confused as to why Ford is abandoning the station wagon market, or the personal luxury coupe market, or the minivan market? Ford once sold huge volumes of cars in each segment.

I saw a last gen Windstar and a Freestar next to each other a few days ago. What killed them I think was the namechange and blanding Ford did going from the Windstar to the Freestar. The Windstar has a much better looking front end, versus the blanded, dechromed Freestar. IMHO.

I see Vatozone's fleets of trucks are ALL Rangers. The Ranger would have benefited with newer door handles along with the various nosejobs. I almost think the Ranger has gotten too many minor nosejobs over the last decade. The Ranger is still the only compact pickup on the market, some advertising and increased MPG versus the bigger trucks in the segment wouldn't hurt either.

Ford has canceled many Ranger plans over the years and right now Ford is salvaging what it can from its existing line until it can get its house in order so that its next generation of products will be part of a larger and more sustainable program. The Ranger is very low priority given the markets softness so Ford can't justify the expense or immediacy to overhaul the existing product. I don't think Ford is interested in vacating the segment, but they can't stay in until they find an equitable solution. And indeed, The Ranger customer is not very profitable so they may be less interested in keeping customers if it means losing money. The next Ranger has to have a healthy profit margin so it can't be a discounted F-150 which doesn't get cheaper to build the more you de-content.

Edited by BORG

Ford has canceled many Ranger plans over the years and right now Ford is salvaging what it can from its existing line until it can get its house in order so that its next generation of products will be part of a larger and more sustainable program. The Ranger is very low priority given the markets softness so Ford can't justify the expense or immediacy to overhaul the existing product. I don't think Ford is interested in vacating the segment, but they can't stay in until they find an equitable solution. And indeed, The Ranger customer is not very profitable so they may be less interested in keeping customers if it means losing money. The next Ranger has to have a healthy profit margin so it can't be a discounted F-150 which doesn't get cheaper to build the more you de-content.

Wow I hate to say this, but your totally correct in saying this...

Keep in mind that most product decisions that we are dealing with now, where made back prior to 2004, if not further. The Ranger was scheduled to get a serious update back in 2000-2002 time frame but it got canned for whatever reason. It just goes to show how horrible the management was from say 1996-2005 or so was. Ford was living the high life in 1998 from its products it developed earlier in the 1990s but never kept improving them. Thus where we are at now. Thankfully Ford is changing quicker then the normal 4-6 year product cycle it had in the past and hopefully most of the issues we are facing today will be history by 2010-11

:backtotopic:

Oh yeah...back to the Ranger...

Did you know that if you remove the "R" from "Ranger"...you would be driving a Ford "Anger"?

Believe it or not people...I don't drink or do drugs.

Reminds me of when I was a teen. We used to change the brand of winter beater our buddys were driving, (back then you could pry the chrome letters off the hood or trunk and rearange them). I drove a DORF Torino for a while, my Cuda became a MOUTH..... You get the picture.

Believe it or not.... we didn't drink or do drugs either. Probably the reason our parents put up with the junk yard in the garage. We were total gear-head-nerds. Kept us away from all that other stuff.