2009 F150 is being revealed to media today

igor

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice comeback. Truly insightful to the argument at hand.

i usually give him ASS awards for those comebacks but it looks like i spoil him with them so i have to be fair and start recognizing other people and their ASS worthy abilities

so Vic why do you hate the 5.4L so much?

P.S. don't try to make yourself look like an ass while answering it

i usually give him ASS awards for those comebacks but it looks like i spoil him with them so i have to be fair and start recognizing other people and their ASS worthy abilities

so Vic why do you hate the 5.4L so much?

P.S. don't try to make yourself look like an ass while answering it

Where did I say that I hate it?

I think that a .8 liter bigger engine should have numbers that are somewhat better than a 4.6...no matter who makes it.

And Ford thought the same, thus the new engines coming out...sometime...in the future...hopefully.

Hmm...that must be a result of throwing spark plugs out of the head. The competition doesn't do that...must be why their torque curves aren't as flat as the 5.4.

You can't mention the spark plugs in the Tritons without also mentioning the piston slap issues that have plagued the Vortecs for years. It's not like Ford is the only company who has ever built a V8 that had problems once upon a time.

You can't mention the spark plugs in the Tritons without also mentioning the piston slap issues that have plagued the Vortecs for years. It's not like Ford is the only company who has ever built a V8 that had problems once upon a time.

Funny, when I google "Chevy X.X", nothing about piston slap comes up (not saying it does not happen), when I google "Ford 5.4", the first thing that comes up is, "Ford 5.4 Liter Triton V8 Engine Is A Lemon"

I think that a .8 liter bigger engine should have numbers that are somewhat better than a 4.6...no matter who makes it.

And Ford thought the same, thus the new engines coming out...sometime...in the future...hopefully.

you are always ripping on it.

plus its almost identical to the way the GM engines for their 1500s are

Funny, when I google "Chevy X.X", nothing about piston slap comes up (not saying it does not happen), when I google "Ford 5.4", the first thing that comes up is, "Ford 5.4 Liter Triton V8 Engine Is A Lemon"

Funny thing about Google. You need to actually use relevant search terms. Here you go: http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&amp...tec+piston+slap

Over 1750 sites to browse through.

Also, does the spark plug issue on the Tritons have its very own domain dedicated to the issue? http://www.pistonslap.com/

forged crank and additional bearings...tough engine...and as for the plugs being blown out that has been history longer than fords panther platform....

I really cannot - we are very happy that Ford includes us in these high level events - automakers like GM scoff at blogs like us - so I will not jeopardize our position.

let's just confirm a widely expected fact: No BOSS and no Diesel at launch - as expected - and Ford would not say when they will come.

embargo is over on 1/13/08

Igor

hey, just looked at my watch.....date reads 1/14/08...spit it out igor...if not at least give us a thumbs up on styling....

you just answered your question ;)

the Aussie 4v 5.4l are finished there IIRC and are simply NOT truck engines rather a hi-po car engine.

Igor

They are just a 1 point compression drop and long runner intake manifold away from being a good 350 - 360 horsepower truck engine.

The newest Aussie 5.4 is making 405 horsepower with very mild cams.