Lincoln Flex Info

Bigbuck15

Because as Anais Nin said, "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

You're line about Anias Nin piqued my interest and I looked her up. In a website devoted to her memory, it has a "Quote of the Month" section. One of them gave me another idea for Lincoln Flex name....

The Lincoln Constellation. Whaddya think? Beautiful, historic and full of grandeur? Or just a bunch of lights?

Edited by joihan777

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand recognition with what? A car that was allowed to rot on the vine without any substantial updates for 10 or so years?

Not the type of recognition I want.

And this is coming from someone that has a car that hasn't had a major update in nearly 30 years? :hysterical: :hysterical:

You truly are a troll

Meh. There's no news here. It allegedly has an awkward back end. It allegedly will be called the MKT (a bad name, IMO). We have no idea about price or engines.

Awkward backends? Lincoln seems to be all over the place with developing a look front and rear and sticking with it...

I am surprised though with the classic popularity of some SUV's having spare tires mounted on the tailgate that Lincoln has not resurrected the Continental spare tire hump... Most vehicles have done away with the tailgate mounted spare tires though.

The Lincoln MKT... Lincoln "Market"... :hysterical:

Well it will fit right in with a Focus based MKY... Lincoln "Mickey"...

Edited by Watchdevil

And this is coming from someone that has a car that hasn't had a major update in nearly 30 years? :hysterical: :hysterical:

You truly are a troll

Man you have a raging hard-on for the Panthers. You can hardly type one post without mentioning them.

The Panthers have had updates...and if that fact gets your diaper in a bunch, too bad.

And, unlike the Mustang, the Panthers don't look 30 years old.

Man you have a raging hard-on for the Panthers. You can hardly type one post without mentioning them.

The Panthers have had updates...and if that fact gets your diaper in a bunch, too bad.

no they don't...more like their drivers....80+

You managed to say that with a straight face lol. The Mustang doesn't look old, it looks modern retro and does it well. The panthers on the other hand don't look modern or retro. They simply look old.

All Ford did (to save money) when the "re-designed" the Mustang, was take a Mustang whos styling was outdated 30 years ago, round the edges a bit, and call it retro.

All Ford did (to save money) when the "re-designed" the Mustang, was take a Mustang whos styling was outdated 30 years ago, round the edges a bit, and call it retro.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

ok now' let's blame Ford for listening to the market .. they should listen to YOU and make a car on 40 years old platform that looks 28 years old ... PERFECT

you are a moron .. straight and simple.

Igor

yeah...no engineering or anything else took place and it still outsells the competition by SUBSTANTIAL margins....put the pipe down P...sheesh!

Mustang: Retro on a Mustang is a GOOD thing. As a matter of fact, I'd like to see it even MORE retro. If it had a body that was an exact copy of the 67 Fastback with modern under-pinnings. I'd be at my friends Ford Dealership right now.

CV: The styling of the CV is much like the Explorer or Expy. It has aged quite well. None were ever at the forefront of styling trends, (read ugly Nissan *%$#@) but that has kept them from looking "old" too. However, I'd like to see the CV with an update like rmc posted.

Edited by Hemiman

I'm guessing Dodge and Chevy MUST be guilty of the same things with the Challenger and Camaro too....somebody frisk P71, he MUST be packing some common sense somewhere....THATS dangerous

Edited by Deanh

Possibly the dumbest possible post today.

That "outdated" styling has proven extremely iconic, and even non-Shelby versions of old Mustangs continue to build money. Try that with your garden-variety AARP-mobiles...

...well, it's obvious how that goes.

I can't decide if your post was stupid but bold, or just REALLY REALLY stupid...in either case, stupid's a given.

Possibly the dumbest possible post today.

That "outdated" styling has proven extremely iconic, and even non-Shelby versions of old Mustangs continue to build money. Try that with your garden-variety AARP-mobiles...

...well, it's obvious how that goes.

I can't decide if your post was stupid but bold, or just REALLY REALLY stupid...in either case, stupid's a given.

I dunno...its kinda fun to sit back and watch someone totally BURY themselves...AND watch the reactions...the defense mechanism lately seems to be to turn a thread into questions of sexuality...thank god THAT has been nixed....

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

ok now' let's blame Ford for listening to the market .. they should listen to YOU and make a car on 40 years old platform that looks 28 years old ... PERFECT

you are a moron .. straight and simple.

Igor

Wow. If this forum has caused igor to start insulting people, perhaps I should start moderating a bit more often.