2008: The make-or-break year for the Detroit Three

pcsario

The originator of this thread really needs to go back to the GM Forum

Could you stop being such a crybaby? You, TomServo, etc. do this to every single poster who doesn't praise Ford NA to high heavens, like it was the best thing ever to happen to mankind. And don't even try to pretend it's just me. DCK, P71, etc. all have to go through the same shit with people like you who would much rather bring out the torches than accept Ford can make mistakes.

You need to review the definition of the term TROLL. The original post to this thread fits it to a T. A little GM propaganda and then try to make Ford look bad. If I were to go onto GM Forum and start a thread like that, I should be branded a troll and it would be correct label. In fact, three of these troll posts were started on same day and two got locked.

It's pretty ovious both Ford and GM have problems. You only have to look at their market share and woeful stock price to figure that out. As a Ford shareholder, I'm painfully aware of it. GM stock is down to new lows also. Both companies have big problems and both have some bright spots. I personally would rather look at Ford's bright spots as they do have them to keep from getting too depressed about present reality.

Even though the stock price doesn't reflect it, Ford has made progress financially in 2007, have a plan in place, for most part have stabilized retail sales, Edge has been homerun, new Flex looks promising, Fusion has been decent, and other bright spots. They even burnt less cash than expected and Mulally obtaining financing before the credit crunch hit looks like genius move now.

Now if some would just rather look at the negative, so be it, but DON'T TROLL with the GM is great bullshit. Constructive criticism is good and Ford deserves it to be sure. But Ford also deserves praise for improving quality, reducing rental fleet sales, solidifying residual values, successful launches, bringing down warranty costs, and setting a plan in place that should bring some positive results in future.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edstock my posts are no different than most of the ones found in The Competition, which brings us back to the main point:

We're dealing with a small group formed by a bunch of intolerant hypocrites who don't buy what they sell.

BTW... Chavez doesn't own the site and is unfit as a mod.

He was only made one as a perk, management is not aware of his little personal agenda, I know that because of some PM's I have.

A minority of intolerant posters should NOT be the only ones who can deem what's offensive or not.

Look at your post for exhibit A, you're not exactly a saint yourself.

Edited by pcsario

DON'T TROLL with the GM is great bullshit.

Your posts reek of intolerance, you're worse than RJ sometimes.

You're really not making a good case for yourself with that kind of attitude towards the competition.

Everyone is just giving GM their well deserved pat in the back for going beyond good enough.

In fairness, I remember what started the current moderating regimen: that raging, board-spamming, flamewar of obscenity that was started by 4 or 5 people - I can't remember the principal's names - some time back. That abuse of the openness that once existed is what marked the end of the truly free exchange that used to be the hallmark of BON. It was rightly clamped down on - but the atmosphere has never been quite the same since. And some of the blocking that goes on does seem to be ..... partisan. That is, the moderation does seem to have a less neutral cast than I would have expected.

It was stuff like that that shut down the Autoweek Combustion Chamber a while back (probably a few years ago now). I used to post over there until it shut down, then I discovered BOF, and I'm glad I did.

Edstock my posts are no different than most of the ones found in The Competition, which brings us back to the main point:

We're dealing with a small group formed by a bunch of intolerant hypocrites who don't buy what they sell.

He was only made one as a perk, management is not aware of his little personal agenda, I know that because of some PM's I have.

A minority of intolerant posters should NOT be the only ones who can deem what's offensive or not.

This thread and the two locked down threads were new lows for you. Especially the one on the Ford executive that just retired. That is another bright spot for Ford...they didn't force Visteon into bankrupcy like GM did with Delphi and now Delphi can't get out because of credit crunch. Ford has treated Visteon with mercy and compassion. Ford also bought new tires for Explorer owners and reimbured owners with 3.8 V6 engines for repairs for blown head gaskets. How about giving them credit for that? If you have been paying attention, Subaru has big problem with its engines blowing head gaskets, and so far no reimbursements if out of warranty. Ford stood up and paid for blown head gaskets on its engines even though warranty long ago expired. Ford has also screwed customers over too as have other manufacturers. So what else is new?

So, maybe if you posted these topics in "The Competition" page, it would be looked at differently and be considered part of that page. You shouldn't post something about GM in the Ford Discussion forum.

Ford also bought new tires for Explorer owners and reimbured owners with 3.8 V6 engines for repairs for blown head gaskets. How about giving them credit for that?

You remind me of that princess in Enchanted.

They didn't do that out of the kindness of their heart.

The shit had hit the fan nationally and internationally, of course they had to do something.

Edited by pcsario

So, maybe if you posted these topics in "The Competition" page, it would be looked at differently and be considered part of that page. You shouldn't post something about GM in the Ford Discussion forum.

The dude is really showing his true colors now with these locked down threads. I really think most Ford lovers on this board want to see GM do well. I know I do. I don't want to see Chrysler go under either. I'm not into the Big Three beating each other up in order to survive. I would rather see the Domestics succeed by beating up the Japanese. And the last thing I want to see is Chevy/Ford wars start up here. If there are Chevy/Ford wars, keep them on Competition page. I certainly agree there. Even there it should be calm as GM and Ford are both important to MI and the country. I don't want to see the Fusion do well at the expense of the Malibu and I don't want to see the Malibu do well at the expense of the Fusion. Hopefully both will have conquest sales from the Japanese. That would be best.

I've been called a GM fanboy, a Nissan fanboy, a Honda fanboy, a Toyota fanboy, a VW fanboy, a... well you get the point.

How about just admitting Ford NA isn't the holy grail, can do better and HAS made some pretty obvious mistakes?

Hell they're getting beaten internally as well, and sure enough, the same attitude is held once "FOE" or "FOA" are mentioned.

"SEND ALL THOSE DISCUSSIONS TO ANOTHER FORUM TOO, NO CRITICISMS PLZ!111!!"

But yeah you're the "true" Ford fans...

To try to suggest we should make this the "Ford NA haven" board, to protect those with blinders on, is ridiculous and just reinforces my point about the degree of intolerance your minority has. So yeah, talk about showing your true colors.

Edited by pcsario

I've been called a GM fanboy, a Nissan fanboy, a Honda fanboy, a Toyota fanboy, a VW fanboy, a... well you get the point.

How about just admitting Ford NA isn't the holy grail, can do better and HAS made some pretty obvious mistakes?

Hell they're getting beaten internally as well, and sure enough, the same attitude is held once "FOE" or "FOA" are mentioned.

"SEND ALL THOSE DISCUSSIONS TO ANOTHER FORUM TOO, NO CRITICISMS PLZ!111!!"

But yeah you're the "true" Ford fans...

To try to suggest we should make this the "Ford NA haven" board, to protect those with blinders on, is ridiculous and just reinforces my point about the degree of intolerance your minority has. So yeah, talk about showing your true colors.

The problem is that those criticisms get old after a while...its like you have cancer, and then you keep getting reminded you have it, even though steps are being taken to get rid of it. Most of the people you brand as cheerleaders know that Ford NA has problems, but harping about them over and over isn't going to fix anything.

The problem is that those criticisms get old after a while...its like you have cancer, and then you keep getting reminded you have it, even though steps are being taken to get rid of it. Most of the people you brand as cheerleaders know that Ford NA has problems, but harping about them over and over isn't going to fix anything.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. PC has almost nothing positive to say. It gets old after a while.

Same thing about seeing :cheerleader: posts over and over again (see above), overrating products and just missing the point all day.

Those who complain need to realize they're just in the opposite corner of the same "problem".

But at least we don't show this degree of intolerance, and respect your freedom of speech.

Some people here really need to get off their high horse.

And no, again, don't even think about bringing up the "bububu this is a Ford site" crap, it's NOT a sanctuary in any way, shape, or form, and we've the right to be here just as much as everyone else. It's not mandatory to be a cheerleader and credit is always given when it is due. I'm just not going to praise something that's obviously not worth it and underrate others who're trying much harder.

Edited by pcsario

And no, again, don't even think about bringing up the "bububu this is a Ford site" crap, it's NOT a sanctuary in any way, shape, or form, and we've the right to be here just as much as everyone else. It's not mandatory to be a cheerleader and credit is always given when it is due. I'm just not going to praise something that's obviously not worth it and underrate others who're trying much harder.

There is no right to be here. This is a privately owned site, and membership is a privilege. Like you have already been told, if you don't like the way things are, leave. I can assure you that you will not be missed.

Edited by suv_guy_19

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

It gets old after a while.

Indeed.

PS.- You don't own the site and neither does your lover, hope that helps.

Edited by pcsario

I am much less frequent myself since it lost the Wild West atmosphere it used to have, and when I do come on, often there is simply nothing going on to respond to

That is, the moderation does seem to have a less neutral cast than I would have expected.

1) I also remember you promising yourself that you were going to stop coming here when your post count hit 1000, niteflight :P

2) You are absolutely right. The moderation does not have a =neutral= cast because different participants have different reasons for coming here. You cannot assume that everyone has the same motives for what they say and how they say it. You will note that I'm addressing your concerns, because I consider them valid. I have no intention of addressing pcsario's, because in my non-neutral opinion, =you= deserve an intelligent answer. He does not.

No shit...airplanes don't have spark plugs.

FYI:

sparkplugs2.jpg

http://www.junkyardjet.com/new_beginning.html

"They are Champion FS-31 plugs originally intended for use in the F-86."

How do you think they get started? Some mechanic with a barbecue lighter?

Actually, pyrotechnic-cartridge starting, using a Koffman cartridge starter was used by the British in the 50's in the original B-57/Canberra, which you see here:

canberra%20startup%201.jpg

1) I also remember you promising yourself that you were going to stop coming here when your post count hit 1000, niteflight :P
Ooh, touche. Ok, so I've got a little addiction problem, and I'm a little sensitive about it if you don't mind. I'll quit starting Monday, I swear.
2) You are absolutely right. The moderation does not have a =neutral= cast because different participants have different reasons for coming here. You cannot assume that everyone has the same motives for what they say and how they say it. You will note that I'm addressing your concerns, because I consider them valid. I have no intention of addressing pcsario's, because in my non-neutral opinion, =you= deserve an intelligent answer. He does not.
Here you go again, picking on yet another one of my weaknesses: my susceptibility to flattery. But thanks, I appreciate that.

Indeed.

PS.- You don't own the site and neither does your lover, hope that helps.

So here lies the other problem, when someone disagrees with you, you automatically brand them a cheerleader...I never got the whole self deprecation thing with people who have to constantly put down someone,something, etc...normally people just avoid that type of shit...

So here lies the other problem, when someone disagrees with you, you automatically brand them a cheerleader...I never got the whole self deprecation thing with people who have to constantly put down someone,something, etc...normally people just avoid that type of shit...

Dng, ding, ding. Boy silver, your on a roll :lol:.

ROFL... enough with the double standards..

"OH NOES HE CALLED ME OUT ON MY FANBOYISM!!11!!1"

Calling people retards, morons, idiots, etc. for not thinking like you is much worse.

Use the search engine and look who automatically starts labelling people for not drinking the Ford Kool-Aid.

You really have a pair of these attached permanently if you're that biased in the way you look at things:

c0013723.jpg

Sorry, you're in the opposite corner of the same street.

Take your own advice, if you don't like it, then stop being such crybabies and leave, you don't own this site.

Ford has gotten more money out of me than pretty much any of you so called "supporters" over the last 10 years.

You're nothing but an intolerant minority, grow a spine already, we take far more shit on average and never act like any of you.

"WAH WAH WAH I WANT THIS SITE TO BE AN INTERACTIVE PRESS RELEASE, OMGPLZ LEAVE!!!11" :rolleyes:

Edited by pcsario

ROFL... enough with the double standards..

You are the walking double standard here

Ford has gotten more money out of me than pretty much any of you so called "supporters" over the last 10 years.

Here we go with the holier then I standard your playing...since Ford got more money from you (supposedly) your the AUTHORTHY on the way things are supposed to be done vs everyone else here?

You're nothing but an intolerant minority, grow a spine already, we take far more shit on average and never act like any of you.

Intolerant? Please..there is nothing wrong with having a opposing view point, but once you go off on your trademarked tirades all your doing is proving your a troll because your not getting your way.

pcsario, with all of this bickering and flack you are catching is it obvious that you are not a welcomed member of the community. Nearly every thread, post, and pic you put in front of us is not just praising every other automaker, but attacking the one we support. You are entitled to your opinon, but don't think that you are going to get away with pot shots and run while we sit back and don't reply. Every member of this forum has said dumb things in the past and no one ignores it. So why do you think that you are special? Everyone here expects that if they say something stupid that they are going to be corrected including me! This sight is not a for institutional advertising, it is a place for debate in the hopes of bettering ourselves and providing Ford with a pipeline to what people want and need so that they can improve theirself! I stand by my original assessment no one takes the time and makes the effort to be or go to places that they don't like unless there is something that is in it for them! I have seen it in this and many other forums, our competition pays bloggers to plant seeds. They pay people pennies per post from low income nations to do exactly what you do. I would bet my life that you are a paid blogger, and I'm sure that you will ignore this post also because it is true. I've made the accusation several times and you have not responded because your employer will fire you if you blow your cover! I'm not stupid dude and neither is anyone else in this community we call BOF, the only difference between me and the other users is that they were not aware of paid bloggers, and I am because of the number of forums I have been active on. Your not sophisticated, all knowing, looked up upon, and your opinion here means squat! Go spend your time on a sight with products you acctually like so we don't have to skip over you BS posts anymore! Rich is not unreasonable, and he does not remove posts just because you don't agree with him. Him and I have argued our opposing veiws several times! It is the context, manner and the intent behind your posts that is the problem!

Edited by Furious1Auto