Leather seat maintenance

Any recommendstions on Eddie Bauer leather seat maintenance? I saw a turtle wax ??? product at the auto parts store. Is this ok, or should I get something else?

Do you mean just for upkeep and having it look nice an clean?

If so, I suppose you could use something like that, however, I just use simple armor-all on the interior --- spray it on a rag rub over whatever you wish to clean (dash, seats, etc.) usually does the job well. You may need to press harder if the leather's really dirty, but the armor-all usually works for me, at least it's all I've ever used. You might want to condition your leather every once and a while as well.

Do you mean just for upkeep and having it look nice an clean?

If so, I suppose you could use something like that, however, I just use simple armor-all on the interior --- spray it on a rag rub over whatever you wish to clean (dash, seats, etc.) usually does the job well. You may need to press harder if the leather's really dirty, but the armor-all usually works for me, at least it's all I've ever used. You might want to condition your leather every once and a while as well.

Never use Armour-All on leather! Get a nice quality leather treatment at any auto parts store and use it once or twice a year. Rub it in with your hands, then buff with a dry soft cloth.

Never use Armour-All on leather! Get a nice quality leather treatment at any auto parts store and use it once or twice a year. Rub it in with your hands, then buff with a dry soft cloth.

Well, it kept my mom's old Expedition's leather from cracking. My dad used all that leather treatment stuff on his old F-150's leather seats, and they still cracked. The Expedition's leather, which we did use armor-all on, was fine when we sold it.

Tell me more.

(I've got leather seats and interior but never owned anything leather before in my life so I have no clue how to take care of it).

I personally have not ever conditioned leather (I believe that's what it's called). I think it's a simple process of wiping some stuff on it, but I'm not sure. I'll try to find out more for you.

Tell me more.

(I've got leather seats and interior but never owned anything leather before in my life so I have no clue how to take care of it).

I have had real good luck with it! My wife had two tone beige and off white seats in her Eddie Bauer Explorer. Even with the light colored leather it softened it without changing the color/shade of the seats! MeguiarsBrand.jpg Just rub it in and wipe the excess!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Leather? You mean leatherette. Damp cloth or about anything works OK. New seats don't crack....they aren't real leather...leatherette better. Some say there is some leather somewhere on the seats, like the seating surfaces, but I think even that is leatherette (or whatever they call it). Check your owners manual for care. Vinyl products work well on synthetic leather also.

I have 4 cars with what the manufacturer calls leather seats, and can't find real leather on any of them. I believe leather has become a word used for a type of seat covered by a synthetic leather like fabric....which is far superior to real leather. If there is in fact some real leather somewhere on the seats, you can bet it's somewhere the sun can't get to it or where wear is minimized.

Edited by Ralph Greene