Today's Topic: The Taurus/Taurus X

ZanatWork

I'm not sure what planet you're living on, but the Taurus / 500 / Sable ...whatever they are calling them today, cannot even come close to the Malibu. Some of you folks on here would defend Ford's products if they resurrected the Pinto...in its original form... :banghead:

Dude, the Malibu is the same old Generic Motors reincarnated. Take a closer look. Ok, I'll forget the Taurus comparison. I still don't want a Malibu! I rather have an Sonata. Besides, the Malibu isn't in Taurus' class, it's in Fusion's. And I'd rather have a Fusion.

Edited by AlRozzi

I'm not sure what planet you're living on, but the Taurus / 500 / Sable ...whatever they are calling them today, cannot even come close to the Malibu. Some of you folks on here would defend Ford's products if they resurrected the Pinto...in its original form... :banghead:

Why waste your time and money buying a Malibu, when you can go buy the outdated Saturn Ion sedan the Malibu shares its chassis with? :hysterical:

Why waste your time and money buying a Malibu, when you can go buy the outdated Saturn Ion sedan the Malibu shares its chassis with? :hysterical:

Oh, but when Ford does it it's OK?

The Malibu rides on a revised version of the Epsilon platform. Much like the MKTaurus rides on a recycled Taurus platform (which is an already an old recycled Volvo platform).

But the Taurus and Malibu are not in the same class...so why even bring it up. It competes with the Fusion...and how many comparisons are there out there between the Malibu and the Fusion?

The Malibu rides on a revised version of the Epsilon platform. Much like the MKTaurus rides on a recycled Taurus platform (which is an already an old recycled Volvo platform).

But the Taurus and Malibu are not in the same class...so why even bring it up. It competes with the Fusion...and how many comparisons are there out there between the Malibu and the Fusion?

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a Fusion/Malibu comparison yet.

I've seen about 4 new Taurus's here in L.A. now, not one Taurus X.

I bet 99% of people outside of websites like this don't even the cars exist with Ford backing out of their promise to advertise them. Do they plan on killing them or something? Why would they not advertise these cars? It makes no sense..

The point is....when Ford does it, there are howls and screams of "foul play" from the likes of you....but when Generous Motors or Mother Toyota does it, it sounds like those Guinness beer commercials. Brilliant!! Genius!!!

The Fusion rides on a "recycled" Mazda6 platform, the Focus rides on a ...well....recycled Focus platform, and the Crown Vic rides on a "recycled" LTD platform. In the case of the Fusion and Focus, their "bones" are still relevant to the markets they serve...the Panther "bones" are out of step in todays market-place and are increasingly finding "safe haven" within the fleets of taxis, liveries, and police motor pools, but the sharks are circling and soon, those safe havens will not be enough to save Panther either.

The sales figures are in for December and the Taurus X is up 45% compared to the Freestyle. The Taurus was down slightly (I didn't calculate the percentage). Amazing considering how little they spent.

the taurus sold 3000 more in dec. than nov. so how could it be down slightly?