2008 4 door Bronco concept

rmc523

Appears there's a new Bronco concept out there, this time a four door version.

It seems because of the new Wrangler's success, we need a competitor.....and here it is.

Enjoy! Also, let me know any thoughts you have about this.

post-28332-1198880455_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears there's a new Bronco concept out there, this time a four door version.

It seems because of the new Wrangler's success, we need a competitor.....and here it is.

Enjoy! Also, let me know any thoughts you have about this.

Now that is bad a-s! Where do I sign!4doorBronco-1.jpg

Edited by Furious1Auto

Great job!!! I think that the roof ribbing over the cargo area could extend up over the rear doors... maybe have it not come down the side so far, allowing the rear windows to be a little taller?

I love the original and I LOVE the 4 door version. Could this work alongside the 2 door on the new B Car platform?

Great job!!! I think that the roof ribbing over the cargo area could extend up over the rear doors... maybe have it not come down the side so far, allowing the rear windows to be a little taller?

I love the original and I LOVE the 4 door version. Could this work alongside the 2 door on the new B Car platform?

That is subjective, I like it as is and would buy it if they would build it!

Shouldn't this be in the Photoshop section?

Concept and rumor mill I think he got it in the right area, Maybe the swinging d-cks will see it and get the hint!

I dont understand the second part of your statement.

Maybe you positioned your Pic where the, descision makers, big wigs, big swinging d-cks at Ford can see and reconsider their descision to shelf the prodject! By now they have to see that we are not going to let it die. The reason the Fusion (425) went into production is because of the peoples response to it! They need to proceed and build the Bronco concept! Their descision is not irreversable and I hope your concept helps drive that point home!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Maybe you positioned your Pic where the, descision makers, big wigs, big swinging d-cks at Ford can see and reconsider their descision to self the prodject! By now they have to see that we are not going to let it die. The reason the Fusion (425) went into production is because of the peoples response to it! They need to proceed and build the Bronco concept! Their descision is not irreversable and I hope your concept helps drive that point home!

Oh, ok, now I understand.

BTW, what do you think of the way I integrated the front door handle?

Edited by rmc523

I thought about having the roof ribbing go over the rear doors, but decided I didn't want to. Maybe I'll play with it and make that change.

Enough already, build the friggin thing! :finger:

I think it has already been detemined that they are going to build it...just on a Fiesta platform. From what has been discussed on other threads, it will be about the size of a Suzuki Samurai, and not really intended to be any type of competition for the Wrangler. :banghead:

If they made it true to it's off-road roots, I would buy one. However, I'm resigned that the next iteration of the Bronco will look like a Bronco but really be a pretender.

I think it has already been detemined that they are going to build it...just on a Fiesta platform. From what has been discussed on other threads, it will be about the size of a Suzuki Samurai, and not really intended to be any type of competition for the Wrangler. :banghead:

If they made it true to it's off-road roots, I would buy one. However, I'm resigned that the next iteration of the Bronco will look like a Bronco but really be a pretender.

Dude what are you talking about other threads, you have 8 posts and could not have posible have been here months ago when it was heavily debated and still thought to have been a real posibility! If Ford cannot make it compete with the wrangler in Off-Road capability and in a 4 door that seats at 5 passengers then why bother "No one will buy it" !!!!!!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Dude what are you talking about other threads, you have 8 posts and could not have posible have been here months ago when it was heavily debated and still thought to have been a real posibility! If Ford cannot make it compete with the wrangler in Off-Road capability and in a 4 door that seats at 5 passengers then why bother "No one will buy it" !!!!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

of course not, because theres no such thing as lurking.

:redcard:

Try reading this thread completely.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...932&hl=puma

Do you remember any of your own comments furious? Seems you posted a few times regarding your own disdain for a car based Bronco like many of the rest of us. Where is your proof that it is a real possibility?

I agree that if it can't perform with a Wrangler why build it. However, just like the Mustang II, Ford built the best Mustang they could for the time. If Ford didn't build the Mustang II, we might not have the Mustang we have today. The self proclaimed people in the know on BON seem to have inside info that would indicate that the "next" Bronco will be based on the Fiesta, like it or not. That doesn't mean that some future iteration won't be a proper Bronco. I hope they have no idea what they are talking about, but I'm not so myopic to think that just because we want a Bronco that can perform better than a Wrangler that they are going to build it.

Anyway, back to the picture, I like the 4-door Bronco. Nice work especially considering it was done in Paint. If they built it, it would definitely sell well. If the new Bronco could perform with an LR3 or Patriot, I might consider buying one.

...and by the way, that thread I was referencing started just over a month ago. I was "here" then. I believe my first post was on that thread. There have been many other threads over the years discussing the new Bronco concept since it was introduced in 2004. Just because a person hasn't posted on this site 1000 times doesn't preclude their ability to read others comments.

That's a really good shop there! I like it, however, there is one thing: the Bronco should only be sold with the following three traditional elements:

1. Two door only! Maybe with the trick itty-bitty rear doors like truck SuperCabs (or gasp! Toyota FJ), but at least only two 'big' doors.

2. Standard 4x4, like all Hummers. I don't want 'available' 2WD like the Jeep Wrangler now offers.

3. Have standard removable hardtop with available softtop.

Of course for #3, the truck would have to have good rigidity for that removable top. But again, it should have the three key elements all Broncos had from '66-'96 (I'm not counting the Bronco II). I think Ford should offer two sizes. The Bronco should be based on the next F-150 with fully-boxed frame and have the old 60s retro styling, solid axles, locking diffs, etc. And then offer at the same time something like the Bronco Super Duty, obviously based on the new current Super Duty trucks with the aforementioned accessories, and it would look like the old 70s-96 'big boy' Broncos.

Customers will want car-like ride. Well then offer air springs, include lots of sound/noise-deadenings; luxury features like heated leather seats, HD radio, DVD navigation/players, fold-flat rear seat(s), etc.; suspension designed for on-road smoothness and for ultimate off-roading capability, etc. and etc.

GM has the Hummer brand and Chrysler/Cerebus has the Jeep and why would Ford want to sell of Land Rover? When LR gets sold, what vehicle will Ford market for the ultimate 4x4 category? Obviously the two Bronco models would do. And then load it up with customizable options! Some people might want to drive it as a grocery-getting vehicle while others want to go to Moab, Utah and compete with the Jeeps and Hummers.

Again, nice job on the shop there.