09 F150 revealed!!!

DMatt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nyt_2009f150_lo.jpg

I'm sure that the truck itself is a fine product, BUT.... that grill does nothing for me aesthetically.

I'm surprised that it isn't more of a "Super Duty" knockoff like on the hideous new E-Series.

van_again_ford_announces_2008_e_series.jpg

Now THAT would be one nasty grill on the F-Series!

:lol:

At least on the Super Duty, the body is dramatically different, and more in-line with what appears to be the grill off of a semi. The large front wheel wells and dualie flares in back help balance it out.

2008-Ford-Super-Duty.jpg

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

I hate the look and the grill....

I liked the looks of the 90's and early 00's so much better. I think Ford is going in the WRONG direction...

That grill shown in the picture is a Platinum model (new top-of-the-line). It's probably more flashy than what the grill will look like on most of the other models.

Looks like the NYT caught their mistake or got in trouble from Ford and Dodge. The pics of both the new F150 and Ram have been removed from their website (though the previous captures are still available on the blog linked above).

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/01/1...UTOS_index.html

That grill shown in the picture is a Platinum model (new top-of-the-line). It's probably more flashy than what the grill will look like on most of the other models.

Looks like the NYT caught their mistake or got in trouble from Ford and Dodge. The pics of both the new F150 and Ram have been removed from their website (though the previous captures are still available on the blog linked above).

The more I look at the grill, the more it grows on me. I think that the first picture was simply a bad angle, as many of the ones from the other place look much better. I really actually like this truck. I hope the details are impressive.

Edited by suv_guy_19

I don't think the grill looks bad.............I just don't understand why the F-150 has to be the blandest truck on the market, so boring and dull..........nothing new, but I thought that maybe they would put some character into it, but no, they didn't, just plain jane boring and dull, it looks lost, no definition to a design concept. It could have launched in 2000 and not look out of place.

Edited by DCK

I don't think the grill looks bad.............I just don't understand why the F-150 has to be the blandest truck on the market, so boring and dull..........nothing new, but I thought that maybe they would put some character into it, but no, they didn't, just plain jane boring and dull, it looks lost, no definition to a design concept. It could have launched in 2000 and not look out of place.

Ok, I certainly have to disagree. If anything, the new Ram is very bland. The Silverado looks like it was designed by committee, and the Tundra looks fat. The current F150 look is very sought after and this should be no different. This was meant to be an evolution rather than a revolution.

I saw some other pics of the different grills and they all looked horrable to me. I can't stand the new boxy look. I was going to try and get the F150 crew cab approved on our company auto plan, but now I see NO reason to bother....

My tastes typically do not flow with the current fads, so it will probably sell well. I have been a Ford truck buyer in the past, but I hate this new look and WILL NOT BUY another F150 until they get far away from this look.....

Ok, I certainly have to disagree. If anything, the new Ram is very bland. The Silverado looks like it was designed by committee, and the Tundra looks fat. The current F150 look is very sought after and this should be no different. This was meant to be an evolution rather than a revolution.

I think the ram exterior is pretty dimented but it has a lot more characteristic than the F-150, and that has always been the case. The F-150 has always been the Vanilla mobile of the Full Size truck market, and probably will always be. Maybe that is what it has to be to garners its sales success, like the camry. I just would love to see bolder elements in the truck, it is a truck and they could of took it a few steps further and went with a more rugged design that would not have polarized it...............but then again, maybe going further would have sacrificed sales..............i don't know. All I know is that is creates no emotion when lookingat it, so it is boring and bland.

The 09 F150 is a good looking truck, but honestly, so is that new Dodge. Dodge might have a good seller on their hands. Doubtful they will unseat F150, but still a good looking truck.

The dodge doesn't have a prayer to unseat the F-150 in sales.....maybe you meant on best in class though. The Dodge has some cool storage features and I wish Ford could be a little more creative but overall as much as I complained the F-150 was boring it is growing on me, though maybe a few more sharper lines would give the design that extra little push it needs.

I think The new Dodge truck will hurt GM and Ford, and probably take back some buyers that went to the Tundra but I think Dodge needs a few generations of consistantly great trucks with unique features to really start becoming a threat.

The 09 F150 is a good looking truck, but honestly, so is that new Dodge. Dodge might have a good seller on their hands. Doubtful they will unseat F150, but still a good looking truck.

I agree. I have never owned a Chrysler product in my life but that new truck would at least make me go the the dealer and look and drive one. I think that is what Dodge would consider a success. They will convert some buyers that would have not even considered one otherwise. I think toyo will suffer the most from the Dodge.

It's

a

truck.

It actually has, as part of its design, something called a BOX.

Maybe you could buy a Lobo from Ford Mexico; it's the 97-04 non-box F150.

Um..Richard, the 1948 F-1 certainly had a BOX but that didn't mean the rest of the vehicle had to be designed with a straight edge. And those round early fifties Ford truck were definately beautiful.

It's

a

truck.

It actually has, as part of its design, something called a BOX.

Maybe you could buy a Lobo from Ford Mexico; it's the 97-04 non-box F150.

Well Richard, the last F150 I had a 2000 XLT lariat did not look boxy and IT WAS A TRUCK.....

Get off you high horse for once...

Well Richard, the last F150 I had a 2000 XLT lariat did not look boxy and IT WAS A TRUCK.....

Maybe I should get off my high horse too, but IMO, your last F150 also looks very dated now, just like the new RAM does. Almost everyone I have shown the new RAM to has said the same thing...thats new? Of course the power is good in it, but it always was, so its really nothing new.

Maybe I should get off my high horse too, but IMO, your last F150 also looks very dated now, just like the new RAM does. Almost everyone I have shown the new RAM to has said the same thing...thats new? Of course the power is good in it, but it always was, so its really nothing new.

Well, the arodynamically looking F150 set a lot of sales records. Since the move torward the Box on wheels look sales have been on the decline. Yea the high cost of gas is probably causing most of the decline, but I do think that the "new" look is also part of the problem....

Well, the arodynamically looking F150 set a lot of sales records. Since the move torward the Box on wheels look sales have been on the decline. Yea the high cost of gas is probably causing most of the decline, but I do think that the "new" look is also part of the problem....

Do you even know what you just said? Because its funny. Ford set all time records with the F series in 2004 and 2005 with over 900000 trucks in each year respectively. That was AFTER the move to box on wheels. People loved that truck and they will love this one.

It should be interesting to see how this new F150 sells. From my perspective, it shouldn't harm too much of the workaday market where people need truck efficiency to do their jobs. On the other hand, Ford keeps making their trucks visually look larger and larger. I don't think this will be helpful to many of those concerned with the price of fuel. If it looks large, it must not get great economy (or so people often think). Also, the lack of a new powertrain for efficiency (or power) is problematic when looking at the competition. I think the number of people who buy these things for commuting will gradually decline and it appears that Ford is doing nothing to redefine the market. I would have been surprised if they did though given Ford's penchant for conservative designs (especially) for products that seemingly sell well already - but this logic is exactly why the Explorer sales have dropped as far as they have.