Lincoln MKT Touring Vehicle Concept

I took a look at this before going to bed last night. The one thing I hadn't seen up till then was the back end. I'm not disappointed, it looks very good. Someone on this board once said it was reminiscent of the Nissan Quest. Aside from the shoulder lift, thats about it.

The thing I like most about it is that the style is "in-your-face." Drive up anywhere in one of these and people will turn heads. Its going to produce lots of polarizing opinions which is what it should do.

I don't like the interior. Its too plain and I am tired of three dial pod dashes. The centre stack from the one available photo looks like an iphone. I hope it changes "enough" before the production model comes out. The seats will change (they look 60s retro).

Why are they releasing pictures of it in that light-sand colour? I want to see this in black!

The interior will surely be changed quite a bit. It is a concept remember.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I sure as hell wasn't expecting this....I LOVE the front end...its really In-your-Face and will make people look at you without making the car ugly. The car needs some help towards the rear like everyone has been commenting about, but it won't be an exact translation to production..so we'll have to see how the production model does it.

Though I have to wonder why its only a 4 seater...makes me wonder how much of a market there is for a car like this...though the rear leg room has to be out of this world

I agree.

I'd think the production model will have at least 6 seats is my guess (with a third row).

I do believe that the two rear seats are recliners though, so that's one plus to being a 4 seater.

Reaction to this vehicle thus far has almost been entirely "Lincoln is BACK".

So, the most pressing question we need to debate is... 2 rows or 3 rows?

Richard does make the good point about something being particularly un-luxurious about clambering into a third row seat. But at the same time, as much as we fantasize about this being an executive land-jet, there are PLENTY of families out there who'd eat up a vehicle like this with at least seating for six. Would it to be hard to package both a 2-row executive version and a 3-row kiddie hauler?

If I were in charge of this project/Lincoln I'd offer both: a model with 4 (5 optional?) seats, with reclining (for rears), heated and cooled functions (for all), etc., along with a model with 6 (7 optional?) seats, having 1st and 2nd row captain's chairs with smaller third row seats (like Flex).

Wasn't there supposed to be something special about the doors? Didn't Mark Fields say something about "french doors" whatever that means?

Oh yea! I remember reading about that a while back. I don't see anything special about them, except the fact that they look pretty long.

No, kind of like a fan of at least halfway decent design slamming something that isn't even close to halfway decent. If you don't think the '09 F-150 is ugly, you need your eyes checked. Period.

This Lincoln concept doesn't really do much for me either. Hopefully the production version will look nicer. It has parts that I like, but some of the proportions just seem....off.

I happen to like the new F-150, and I have better than 20/15 vision.

Well, the MKS is definitely larger than the CTS, and it starts out with a higher price than the CTS, and since Cadillac is axing the STS & apparently the SRX, then ...........

Does Ford need a sedan larger than the MKS?

I would argue that this MKT will appeal to a broader audience and sell in higher numbers than a sedan slotted above the MKS.

I was really concerned about this concept because of how poorly 6-passenger luxury CUVs have gone over. That's why I'm glad they kept the concept a 4 seater. However, I think an option of an extra 2 or 3 seats should be available (no reason not to cover all the bases).

This definitely has possibilities--it is perhaps the perfect vehicle for establishing Lincoln's status as the premier -luxury- brand among the various luxury brands (note, "luxury" as in luxurious as opposed to "luxury" as in expensive).

Cadillac will be discontinuing the SRX, STS, and DTS. However, SRX will be replaced by a smaller BRX (think Vue) and the STS and DTS will be merged into one product.

Maybe they can call it a Cosmopolitan or a Premiere.

Premiere sounds nice. However, I don't see Lincoln ending the MK naming system. At this point it would probably confuse buyers further, to switch naming systems again.

Edited by rmc523

So based on the fact that the production version of this is "supposed" to arrive about a year after the Flex arrives, is it not safe to say that Ford actually has the design pretty much locked down (perhaps not entirely like the concept, but at least locked down).

With just over a year to go, there would be little they could change based on people's reactions.

I'm thinking changes to the exterior design may be minimal (like MKS concept to production).

Its the Buick Signia concept. I think it came out at the same time as the Aztek (they are based on the same platform and the same cousins that slept together......).

I hope whoever did both of those designs was fired, along with the guy that approved the Aztec.

Love that glow at night time. Short rear bonnet reminds me of a Seville. I love this car.

From what I can tell, that whole hood and Grill must raise if you check to see if the engine is still there. I see no hood line.

Just below the Lincoln star, there's a hood line. I'd imagine that continues over the top of the grilles to the other visible hood lines.

Is this going to also replace the MKX? I don't see them competing. This is more car like than the MKX.

Also, is the Navigator eventually going to get the same type of nose as the other cars in the Lincoln lineup?

No, this is Flex based (larger).

I'm not sure if Navigator will get a bow-wave grille.

Anyone else see the similarities between this and the Chrysler Nassau concept that was shown last year? SWABAG (Sedan with a big-ass back)? If they could reduce the bulk on the back just a bit, the proportions would be a lot better. It's about 90% there, just too long of a hatch. The Nassau may give a better idea of what it would look like with a real bumper, even though this is 100x better looking then that concept.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plu...dg=1&idi=19

I see a little bit of the Nassau 'theme.'

I agree that this is better though. (then again, pretty much anything is better than a Chrysler product)