Lincoln MKT Touring Vehicle Concept

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have six points I'd like to offer up:

1. This MKTurd looks like a MKTaurus had buttsecks with a Taurus X and this is what came out afterwards. bigpoop.gif

buttsecks5729e7sn2.jpg

WHAT? You think the Town Car is going to continue on forever?

2. At present, Ford does not seem to be that smart.

Or that it will be replaced by another RWD BOF vehicle?

3. Why the hell do that when Ford already has the proven Panther platform.

What is -your- take on the Town Car's future?

4. Chysler's 300C...at present that is and will be where the Town Car market goes/is going..at Ford's behest it would appear.

Or do you think that a smallish GRWD sedan selling in the MKZ/MKS price range will be the Town Car successor? Because I can tell you straight up that there will be NO GRWD based $50-60k Lincoln sedan.

Why?

Because contrary to frequent assertions here, Ford is not staffed entirely by idiots.

5. See answer #2.

demomanpopocar.jpg

6. Paint that MKTurd with the above color scheme, and you realize that somebody at Ford design likes 1992's Demolition Man WAY too much.

Edited by Armada Master

Yep.

P71's dream Linc lineup:

Entry Linc:

towncar.jpg

Mid-Range Linc:

towncar.jpg

High-level Linc:

page1pic1.gif

Linc for fleet/livery sales:

page1pic1.gif

Linc CUV:

page1pic2.gif

You should see his Merc lineup.

Been working for the better part of the last three decades.... :hysterical:

Did you hear something................... (hearing crickets chirping in the background)??

Did you see something................ (looking at pretty pictures of flowers and beaches)???

Ford's design team sucking in the background??

Edited by Armada Master

TC is a fleet car, and the rest of the luxury makes are rolling in profits. Ever see any MB's lined up at airports? In fact, livery companies say 'town car' in small letters. Face it, the old fart mobile is an appliance, not an aspirational car.

I knew the old farts would hate the new concept, but I think that is the plan.

This site is mostly fanatics, anyway, and losing credibility. I bet Ford deleopers do not enve login here, with all the crazy rants. No one wants a 1974 12 mpg Mark V, a 1980 TC, or a 1996 Mark VIII anymore, why do some think all America still wants these dinosaurs?

Edited by 630land

I really like this concept car. But I would like to see it downsized to a C sized car. Put it on the C2 platform with the 2.0 Ecoboost and AWD. Yes I would like that very much.

I do not think Lincoln is ready for a small car - a luxury brand needs to be well established to handle a small car..

Igor

I do not think Lincoln is ready for a small car - a luxury brand needs to be well established to handle a small car..

Igor

I really think it would make for a nice looking hatch back. If it wasn't much more then a Volvo C30/S40 I would really consider it for my next car. But I see your point.

Speaking of 12 MPG....seen the braceface on the new Navigator?

Why do automakers think everybody wants a sedan resembling a Lexus knockoff and nothing else?

Um I don't see Lexus at all in the new Navigator....

Not to mention that lexus is the best selling "luxury" brand in the US, and its two biggest sellers are a rebadged Camry and Highlander...