Lincoln MKT Touring Vehicle Concept

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, kind of like a fan of at least halfway decent design slamming something that isn't even close to halfway decent. If you don't think the '09 F-150 is ugly, you need your eyes checked. Period.

This Lincoln concept doesn't really do much for me either. Hopefully the production version will look nicer. It has parts that I like, but some of the proportions just seem....off.

I hope they keep the 2-row seating with maybe 3 seats in the back row. The legroom will be awesome.

Sure, most import buyers won't care, but this could really bite into the S-class and the Lexus 470 or whatever they call their top sedan. Unlike the BMW 7 owner, who tends to be performance-oriented, the MB and Lexus buyer is not a sporty-performance consumer.

Like it...all except that stupid kickup tpwards the rear that has become stylists new obsession, looks wrong on the cX7 and 9 Mazda and WRONG here

Dean, it's all opinion . . . we gotta see it. One reason I like the 'kickup' is that it allows the side windows to be deeper, away from the 300 look. You don't like the Mazdas, OK, but without that kickup, either you get the high-belt-line 300 look/Lexus SUV look, or you have to lower the belt-line the whole length of the car, which means the hood-height becomes a problem.

Dean, it's all opinion . . . we gotta see it. One reason I like the 'kickup' is that it allows the side windows to be deeper, away from the 300 look. You don't like the Mazdas, OK, but without that kickup, either you get the high-belt-line 300 look/Lexus SUV look, or you have to lower the belt-line the whole length of the car, which means the hood-height becomes a problem.

you may be right, but i just fins an angular "kickup" somewhat out of place on swoopy "rounded" vehicles, even looks wrong on the Dodge sedans....seems like "Hey"...we need somethi ng here to break things up....just not my cup of tea....a flare OK, kickups...no thanx

You may have a point.

But without the kickup, a straight hip-sill line limits the designer to something like this derivative R MB

05-11-14-mb.jpg

shhhhh...I will plead the fifth if this gets out...I actually like the Benz profile, and funnily enough it was the EXACT vehicle ( scarin me Edstock ) I was think of when griping about the mandatory kickups which are becoming like side vents...obligatory....

Oh, boo-frickety-hoo. I like every one I've seen except that Platinum thing...and I'm waiting to see that one in person.

Well, upon closer examination of all the trim lines, I'll say the front end of the base models and FX4 don't look too shabby. The mass amounts of chrome on the nose of the XLT, Lariat, KR, and Platinum are just too much though -- call it Navigatoritis if you will. The ribs on the tailgate look out of place also. I also can't stand the tail lights. Ick.