Headroom

Front: 41.5 in

Second Row: 39.4 in

Legroom

Front: 42.0 in

Second Row: 44.0 in

Tire size

285/35/ZR21

Soooooooooooooo..........does this mean the Town car at STAP gets replaced by MKT at Oakville?

All they need now is one on 117" wheelbase with longer trunk to replace Crown Victoria.......

Edited by jpd80

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a look at this before going to bed last night. The one thing I hadn't seen up till then was the back end. I'm not disappointed, it looks very good. Someone on this board once said it was reminiscent of the Nissan Quest. Aside from the shoulder lift, thats about it.

The thing I like most about it is that the style is "in-your-face." Drive up anywhere in one of these and people will turn heads. Its going to produce lots of polarizing opinions which is what it should do.

I don't like the interior. Its too plain and I am tired of three dial pod dashes. The centre stack from the one available photo looks like an iphone. I hope it changes "enough" before the production model comes out. The seats will change (they look 60s retro).

Why are they releasing pictures of it in that light-sand colour? I want to see this in black!

Edited by MarkFive

Well I sure as hell wasn't expecting this....I LOVE the front end...its really In-your-Face and will make people look at you without making the car ugly. The car needs some help towards the rear like everyone has been commenting about, but it won't be an exact translation to production..so we'll have to see how the production model does it.

Though I have to wonder why its only a 4 seater...makes me wonder how much of a market there is for a car like this...though the rear leg room has to be out of this world

Oh of course it'll be different, it is a concept after all.

Lincoln_MKS_Concept_exrrdrvr34.jpg

Thing is, the MKS concept didn't change that much in production form, so I guess spin #3 won't do it either.

MKR, MK9, the production-ready Mark X concept, etc. also went with the sloppy bumper theme.

Horbury liked --and is seriosly considering-- that look for Lincoln rear ends, you better start getting used to them.

Horbury is grinning at you right now, really. You haven't figured it out yet.

Remember this is a concept. There is no way this is going to be the final product.

Having said that I kind of like it. At least it does not look like a Flex with a Lincoln grill-thank goodness!

I still think this will have a 3rd row rear seat-or at least an option. As far as the rear-it will probably get smoothed out and better integrated. And I am ok with not pleasing everyone-something Ford has done for way to long with regards to its design-except for the bread and butter F150. That is for a different topic though!

I am also excited about the powertrain-would be great to launch all of this at the same time-something they have not done lately.

Reaction to this vehicle thus far has almost been entirely "Lincoln is BACK".

So, the most pressing question we need to debate is... 2 rows or 3 rows?

Richard does make the good point about something being particularly un-luxurious about clambering into a third row seat. But at the same time, as much as we fantasize about this being an executive land-jet, there are PLENTY of families out there who'd eat up a vehicle like this with at least seating for six. Would it to be hard to package both a 2-row executive version and a 3-row kiddie hauler?

Now this is sweet as hell this needs to come out now and i love the grill and the back looks cool.On other websites people were saying this will have a 3rd row by production and this is basically a production version except a different interior.

Edited by Bigbuck15

And now you're looking at the Town Car replacement...

FRD2008011384244_PV.jpg

Personally, I think there's one character line too many on the side--either keep the '67 Conti inspired second shoulder line or keep the fin extending from the fender vent--not both.

But on the whole, big points to Lincoln for keeping this a 2 row vehicle. There is something decidedly un-luxurious about clambering into the 3rd row of a crossover, and, hence, having a 3rd row in the first place. Having a 3rd row should, IMO, be optional------

I disagree. I think a vehicle this large needs to be 3 row and the concept should have had a 3rd row. Otherwise, I like it and I really like the powerplant. It looks like nothing else that is currently available. It may not be for Mazda3 drivers like PC, but I bet it will do well for Lincoln.

If this is replacing the Town Car, when will we see it stretched? I'd like to see a photochop of that...

I think this is GREAT! It speaks LUXURY! It honestly will steal sales from the MKX as a CUV, depending on how much more this goes for. People with the money want something a lot more different from the Edge and I can see with this, Lincoln Ahead and on course with reshaping design. This is leading, most people just want to see how one manufactuer copies what someone else does. Remember your tastes may not equal your pocket book for this MKT. Kinda like a 20 year old Kid that drives a ricer slamming a DB9.

This is already a stretched platform. Add 1 more foot behind that front door and you have the newest Limo! But the interior is too modern for an attempt at production. Imagine yourself in that back seat, you don't want to be looking at hard plastic on the seats in front of you, that's too in your face. That back seat also needs to be isolated from luggage behind it ala MKX,somehow. 100 years of Leather and Wood will not disappear over night, Think Mayback. Luxury does NOT mean 3 row seating, PERIOD!

No side marker lights, this structure probably can't take a rollover as is. Thus the winshield roof will not work. The gage cluster does not attain the rest of the upscale looks to the inside. Was that a manual-matic shift? Keep that center stack. That is the best part of this interior, I don't like the chrome on the seats, that speaks of Melmac and 50's clitch. But those seats are just a divesture for show. When the hood is popped I want to see luxury their also, like the Twin-Force looked earlier.

Writers are comparing this to the Enclave, probably because they can't see where this has vaulted Lincoln squarely ahead of Caddiliac. Tone down and chrome up that front grill, retain the double wing, but make the waterfalls 1/4" vertical chrome bars in front of black. Perhaps too much. That adds a dash back to the 50's and 70's grills for Heritage. Actually I think the waterfall grill is the cheapest look to this whole concept. Those fog light surrounds need work and LED's too.

Nice wheels, but cover the lugs. No more rear window wiper, good. Just a hint of a rear spoiler. Lincoln use to have seperate colours but these last few years, nothing different, they need their own unique Luxury colors to keep exclusitivity. Bumpers were taken away with the MKX front and rear. Now get this on Market as a 2010. Bastards have now priced me back out of a Lincoln. Excellent job, now get to work on it.

Overall, I like it. It's bold and doesn't look like anything else (especially its Ford brethren). It'd be nice if the engine made it to production but I suspect it won't. However, I do agree with some others that the rump needs some work. It seems a bit awkward. But that's why concepts exist: to gauge public reaction. If they get enough negative comments on the back, I believe they'll fix it in the production.

I love the rear tail lights. My only issue is that this car can't seem to decide what it is. It seems that in the front, it is a car, but in the back, it wants to be a CUV. I personally think this car would be positively STUNNING as a sedan if it had a proper roof slope. That would also eliminate the "flat back" look because you'd have some definition there.