15 Seat Bus Crash in New Brunswick Canada: kills 7 teenagers and adult from school basketball team!!

CivicDuty2007

Living about 20 minutes from bathurst, it was a pretty horrible event that broke just about every heart around, including mine..... The roads were horrible here that night and i mean horrible, almost the worst roads we had so far all year. Freezing rain, ice pellets and snow mized together isn't good. The roads in montcon weren't all that bad so they continued home that night and after they got close to bathurst the roads were quite bad but they were only 5 mins from actually being home, so they kept going but they never made it.....

The van hit the shoulder and went into a fishtail and he couldn't bring it back and was nailed by the transport which was probably doing near 55mph. It ripped the van to peices and ejected most of the boys into the snow. there was 12 passenger in the van, 8 were killed. One police officer could only do 30mph on a 60mph highway on the roads that night to get to the accident scene.... Shows how bad they were.

I know one of the kids that made it out alive and from what he says, those few moments were pure horror..... He mangaed to walk with a broken pelvis, leg and arm. Checking upon his teamates ejected from the vehicle trying to keep them alive until help arrived but sadly none did....

No 15 passeger van would of made a difference unless maybe it had advancetrac....

The funeral was today in bathurst at the arena and was on many news stations live... i watched it and probably one of the worst things i ever went through, when your have to bury 7 people younger then yourself in this community....

The coach has driven this vehicle before without trouble i believe, they have had the van awhile and has been a coach for years....

In the end, there really is only one thing at fault, the weather. people can throw blame here and there, but 8 people died.... and it's been an awful week so far for everyone but it shows how much everyone cares with the support that has been coming in, from messages from the pope, the prime minister, toronto raptors having a moment of silence etc... It's just been unbelivable to see how much a community can come together in times like these...

I know quite a bit about the story if anyone wants to know anything else....

RIP to the boys in red....

It's a very sad story, and as you said, it brings communities together.

I know a friend of mine was killed in a car accident last year and it brought our school community very close together.

Edited by rmc523

Yeah we have 2 07 E350 15 and just got a new 2008 E350 15 and the driver must be certified before driving them! I am one of the lucky ones. I must say I have no quams about driving, just you need to stop earlier then normal... 12 people at 150 is 1800 lbs...

Problem is some people are driving these vans like a sports car, or a 40 foot bus. They are the ones giving these vans a bad rap!

Highway commission guy on the news reported the van type had absolutely nothing to do with the accident in any way.

Road condition were at fault period.

Horrible things happen, it's not always equipment failure. Sometimes people make mistakes/have accidents.

Unfortunatly people died this time.

Condolences to all involved.

That is just horrible and our prayers and love sure go out to all those involved! A horrible accident. Likely no one is to blame at all and even if someone were it makes no difference now and counts for nothing.

People often attack circumstances and other things involved in an accident. Especially when someone is killed. A lot of that simply has to do with personal survival. No one wants to believe it could happen to them, that they could make that mistake, that there really was no particular cause - it was just an accident, they would never be so stupid, etc. The list goes on.

Nurses in the ER would be a good example of this. Imagine seeing this stuff monthly or weekly. What one tells oneself or says to others as a means of dealing with anothers loss or pain. People say stupid things, uncaring things, cold things and mean things.

I just hope and pray these people can get through this. The loss of a kid ruins ones life, breaks up marriages, drives people to horrible situations. Its not something one really understands until one joins that exclusive club.

The loss of a child makes every parents day a Lot less bright and that parents own future death a Lot less...scary and undesired.

Peace and Blessings

That is just horrible and our prayers and love sure go out to all those involved! A horrible accident. Likely no one is to blame at all and even if someone were it makes no difference now and counts for nothing.

People often attack circumstances and other things involved in an accident. Especially when someone is killed. A lot of that simply has to do with personal survival. No one wants to believe it could happen to them, that they could make that mistake, that there really was no particular cause - it was just an accident, they would never be so stupid, etc. The list goes on.

Nurses in the ER would be a good example of this. Imagine seeing this stuff monthly or weekly. What one tells oneself or says to others as a means of dealing with anothers loss or pain. People say stupid things, uncaring things, cold things and mean things.

I just hope and pray these people can get through this. The loss of a kid ruins ones life, breaks up marriages, drives people to horrible situations. Its not something one really understands until one joins that exclusive club.

The loss of a child makes every parents day a Lot less bright and that parents own future death a Lot less...scary and undesired.

Peace and Blessings

I couldn't imagine being an ER nurse.

I couldn't imagine being an ER nurse.

I think it would be worse to be the funeral director that has to get the children ready for their parents to see.

And our friend from New Brunswick is right. This is still a tragedy and there is still family that no longer have their sons and brothers.

I think it would be worse to be the funeral director that has to get the children ready for their parents to see.

And our friend from New Brunswick is right. This is still a tragedy and there is still family that no longer have their sons and brothers.

That is very true.

here is a picture from the funeral today

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2...eral_080116.jpg

It just tears you apart seeing 7 young men laying in caskets :(

A picture of the van

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2...rash_080112.jpg

I teared up when I saw it on CBC news. I had to turn away when I saw it come on CTV. I didn't want to watch it again.

Duh, ice makes all vehcicles unstable. Obviously a tragedy, but any collision with an 80,000 lb tractor trailer usually ends badly with any vehicle. But mmediately blame the truck....If it didn't hit ice or a tractor trailer there would be no accident. If you use that as an example of safety issues, then just about every civilian vehicle is dangerous.