Tulsa Close, Nashville stay open?

ez2nve

Was only on TLO for one week. Unfortunately, I had too much to do around the house to take a trip.

Am hearing that we may have another one next month, all they way until the end of March, so it could happen. ;)

I heard GEMA doesnt pay $30/hr and its not the best place to work. A guy I work with has a neighbor that works there .SRP continues rolling 3-4 week TLO's for 3-5 MW's , often PF and DM. One MW on loan to Saline plant for 2-4 weeks.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard GEMA doesnt pay $30/hr and its not the best place to work. A guy I work with has a neighbor that works there .SRP continues rolling 3-4 week TLO's for 3-5 MW's , often PF and DM. One MW on loan to Saline plant for 2-4 weeks.

2 different contracts. One for the employees that build engines, and another for the material handling. Employees building engines are paid very well.

2 different contracts. One for the employees that build engines, and another for the material handling. Employees building engines are paid very well.

Three contracts, actually. Trades are outsourced under a separate agreement. Assemblers are paid approx. $34 when they reach full scale, maintenance are paid anywhere from $20 to $29 an hour depending on job experience and training, and stock personnel are paid around $10 to $12 an hour.

Three contracts, actually. Trades are outsourced under a separate agreement. Assemblers are paid approx. $34 when they reach full scale, maintenance are paid anywhere from $20 to $29 an hour depending on job experience and training, and stock personnel are paid around $10 to $12 an hour.

My bad!! I only knew of the assemblers and stock personnel. Because the asemblers have to be joerneymen/women or have an associates degree, do they have seperate lines of demarcation to work on the equiptment?

That sign should read. "oh, somone snapped it off in my ass..." :ohsnap:

They snapped in our ass in 1999!!! You idiots!!!!

I used to go see a group from Atlanta play at the "Exit Inn." I thought their name was "Nashville Pu__y!" I think now their name is "Nashville Glass Plant Pu__ies!"

You need to thank TGP for doing the right thing! Now you will see buy outs Ford wide, and you cowards can get out. Then the rest of us will have more opportunities than KC and Chi-town!

And all of you that want to go work for poverty wages will be welcome to appease Mulloly and his "Mr. Price" controls!

Sorry to my friendZ left @ NGP! just tellin' it like I see it.

Because the asemblers have to be joerneymen/women or have an associates degree, do they have seperate lines of demarcation to work on the equiptment?

There are no lines of demarcation. Everybody does every job. Assemblers are given a "reasonable" amount of time to fix their own machinery until maintenance is called. All people, salaried and union workers alike, wear the exact same uniform whether they work on the floor or in an office. If they are short assemblers or stock personnel, they pull maintenance personnel out of their jobs and place them on the line. If they are short maintenance, they use management personnel.

Hell, my friend said he worked on the line alongside the plant manager a couple of times.

EDIT: Also, there are no trades classifications. They use general maintenance.

Edited by Pioneer

Another expert making an assumption about something they know nothing about! What do you expect the "UAW" lawyers to do? Could you imagine the impact if granted (on all ACH Plants)? Guess you never thought of that!

I will be the first to say I know nothing about their appeal but I do know enough to not get on this board and make an ass out of myself by trying to be important and knowledgeable about something I have no knowledge of!

So what if their appeal is granted or denied! At least they had the balls to stand up for what they believe! That's more than you can say about others on this board. Shame on us an an organization if we refuse to stand up and fight for our members and shame on those that chastise those who do for doing so!

THUMBS UP.

They snapped in our ass in 1999!!! You idiots!!!!

I used to go see a group from Atlanta play at the "Exit Inn." I thought their name was "Nashville Pu__y!" I think now their name is "Nashville Glass Plant Pu__ies!"

You need to thank TGP for doing the right thing! Now you will see buy outs Ford wide, and you cowards can get out. Then the rest of us will have more opportunities than KC and Chi-town!

And all of you that want to go work for poverty wages will be welcome to appease Mulloly and his "Mr. Price" controls!

Sorry to my friendZ left @ NGP! just tellin' it like I see it.

lets calm down on the lingo. curly

By the way you ought to ask all those friggin idiots in Nashville about all the engineers going over the float today determining what parts it needs from the long gone Tulsa rebuild . Funny how a little bit of using your own brain works

I have not worked for $11 an hour in over 20 years. But you expect others to do so without benefts, or job security! I do not understand you people!

I hope they rebuild #2 in Nashville.

Asking someone to work under that contract agreement is WRONG! :doh:

The question was ''WHAT CAN YOU SAY FOR YOUR LEADERS''.As the letter states,they told us the truth,and the facts. :shades:

SuperC,

Did they also tell you that we all would be closed if we turned Mr. Price(controls) down? And that all the packages would be taken off the table? That these offers would be the only ones we would be offered?

See if this is a fact: all Ford employees will be offered buyout packages in the next month or so. Then placement opportunities will be coming next. Just wait and see!

SuperC,

Did they also tell you that we all would be closed if we turned Mr. Price(controls) down? And that all the packages would be taken off the table? That these offers would be the only ones we would be offered?

See if this is a fact: all Ford employees will be offered buyout packages in the next month or so. Then placement opportunities will be coming next. Just wait and see!

You are correct,flowbacks will happen again.the problem now is,you will be competing with workers throughout the ford system.the 45K that was offered to Tulsa and nashville to transfer to KC or Chicago was an enhanced package.Nasville and Tulsa members would have 1st shot at openings there.those packages were good only if the GLASS DIVISION sold.the 2007 agreement states on a transfer,you are only entitled up to 30K.I know others who have said if you transfer / flowback out of zone you will still be entitled to 45K.I personally do not know which is right.I hope it is the latter.we would not be talking about this, had the membership in Tulsa not given up these options just to make a ''stand''.standing up for yourself is the right thing to do,but you have to be smart enough to have and END GAME,that ends in your favor. :soapbox:

You are correct,flowbacks will happen again.the problem now is,you will be competing with workers throughout the ford system.the 45K that was offered to Tulsa and nashville to transfer to KC or Chicago was an enhanced package.Nasville and Tulsa members would have 1st shot at openings there.those packages were good only if the GLASS DIVISION sold.the 2007 agreement states on a transfer,you are only entitled up to 30K.I know others who have said if you transfer / flowback out of zone you will still be entitled to 45K.I personally do not know which is right.I hope it is the latter.we would not be talking about this, had the membership in Tulsa not given up these options just to make a ''stand''.standing up for yourself is the right thing to do,but you have to be smart enough to have and END GAME,that ends in your favor. :soapbox:

I think standing up for others may be more important than myself sometimes! Don't you agree? That is why NGP and TGP are where we are at right now.

I think standing up for others may be more important than myself sometimes! Don't you agree? That is why NGP and TGP are where we are at right now.

Your an Idiot, you call standing up for other people by wrecking opportunities for the current workers and the future workers of those communites...you deserve to have your nuts cut off and stapled to your forehead you jackass.

Contracts do not start out the best in IPS you have to grow them up...just like we did in Ford...

I will tell you what Ford is going to do.....

Joe Hendricks.....WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to assholes who think the "people up north" are out to fuck them.

The chairman of Tulsa is a complete asshole.

He didnt tell them they all could reload and make more money....he didnt say it would provide opportunites for more tulsa folks in the community....NAAAA He wante to show everyone he was a bad ass....The membership should revolt against this asshole....This guy seriously fucked up peoples livlyhood with his ignorant actions...

He could'nt handle negotiations himself and asked for help by the region....then the region asks IUAW for help...and they get the best deal they could get with a new owner. Now the Chairman blames IUAW for his own incompetance.....

This is a senerio that I would say Impeach the guy...if you want to have a chance in Tulsa.....

Thanks to you assholes you just gave Ford the perfect reason to ship the shit to China..You ignorant muther*&%S. And guess who gets the blame......the Union you supposevly love..because we won't do that kind of work..for the going rate here in America....Even tho we had the opportunity..you stupid son of a *(^T&*.

I bet Joe has the Tulsa plant closed faster than 6 months and thanks to Tulsa, Nashville will follow....who wants to bet me?

EVERYONE SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THAY DO TO THESE PLANTS>>>

LETS SEE IF FORD IS CRYING WOLF THIS TIME.

Edited by wakeup

The game isn't over yet....Here you go again with your frivilous posts. I am starting to think that SUPERC must be the NGP Chaiman, hence the name SUPERC (Could that mean SUPER CHAIRMAN...NOT), consider he posted the letter from Nashville right....Hmmmm that is why he has it our for Mr. D in Tulsa, go ahead SUPER make it known!!!

Im glad our leaders at least had the kahonas to tell us the truth unlike tulsa super c is right

If NGP told the truth...where/when did that happen??? Bathroom, during extracurricular, right? They tried to convince their membership into excepting an agreement that sold it's people OUT!!! 30 some % knew better!!!

Your an Idiot, you call standing up for other people by wrecking opportunities for the current workers and the future workers of those communites...you deserve to have your nuts cut off and stapled to your forehead you jackass.

Contracts do not start out the best in IPS you have to grow them up...just like we did in Ford...

Joe Hendricks.....WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He didnt tell them they all could reload and make more money....he didnt say it would provide opportunites for more tulsa folks in the community....NAAAA He wante to show everyone he was a bad ass....The membership should revolt against this asshole....This guy seriously fucked up peoples livlyhood with his ignorant actions...

He could'nt handle negotiations himself and asked for help by the region....then the region asks IUAW for help...and they get the best deal they could get with a new owner. Now the Chairman blames IUAW for his own incompetance.....

This is a senerio that I would say Impeach the guy...if you want to have a chance in Tulsa.....

Thanks to you assholes you just gave Ford the perfect reason to ship the shit to China..You ignorant muther*&%S. And guess who gets the blame......the Union you supposevly love..because we won't do that kind of work..for the going rate here in America....Even tho we had the opportunity..you stupid son of a *(^T&*.

I bet Joe has the Tulsa plant closed faster than 6 months and thanks to Tulsa, Nashville will follow....who wants to bet me?

I couln't have said it better myself! Right ON BROTHER! See you at a Ford Facility.

He didnt tell them they all could reload and make more money....he didnt say it would provide opportunites for more tulsa folks in the community

All of the membership was informed. The hard part was getting Chuck to commit that everyone that wanted to rehire could.

I disagree with all of your other speculation too. Anyone that won't stand up for what the believe is already nutless. :hysterical:

All of the membership was informed. The hard part was getting Chuck to commit that everyone that wanted to rehire could.

I disagree with all of your other speculation too. Anyone that won't stand up for what the believe is already nutless. :hysterical:

I disagree with you as well. My father always told me there is a big diffrence when someone says stand up or shut up. You need to size the situation up first before you react.

Did they say STAND UP or SHUT UP...big diffrence. Now for standing up they are going down hard.

Its ok tho...

Edited by wakeup

SuperC,

You are so mindless Ford had already said (we were also told at our meeting with international) that there would be more company wide packages and buyouts. The fact remains now you get lumped in with the rest of the plants for a place to go. Nashville and Tulsa would already be on their way to KC or Chicago had you not voted the contract down and cost each of us that was willing to transfer about 20,000 dollars because you have NUTS. Well go grab em and hold on because now everyones future rides on your NO vote. Thanks for not thinking with your little brain. Im sure all those behind you that wanted a 15 dollar an hour job thanks you also for helping close a plant down. :finger:

Right on UNION BROTHER how can some be so blind

Right on UNION BROTHER how can some be so blind

It's a good thing Walter P. Reuther and the rest of the gang did not give up and hide behind a rock as most in this thread want to do.

Who thinks in previous days they just accepted the first contract offered? Don't give me this garbage that this isn't the old days. The UAW is only as strong as it members are.

It seems most wanting to give up the farm are the temps and lower seniority Ford workers. Don't think what we have now was given to everyone. It was a hard fought battle. If you give it up now you will never see it in a future IPS contract. Don't let these few here persuade you that you will get it back.