Chrysler to overhaul Compass and Patriot Interiors

DCK

I know People here love to bash Chrysler...........maybe because they are the only company any Ford Fan could legitimately bash..................but Ceberus isn't screwing around, after the quick redo of the Avenger and Sebring interior, the COmpass and Patriot will also get new interiors as well.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chrysler-to-ov...-interiors.html

I know People here love to bash Chrysler...........maybe because they are the only company any Ford Fan could legitimately bash..................but Ceberus isn't screwing around, after the quick redo of the Avenger and Sebring interior, the COmpass and Patriot will also get new interiors as well.

Chrysler would be smart to just put the Compass out of its misery. The Patriot shows promise, but not the Compass. I live in Metro Detroit and one hardly sees a Compass anymore. I'm seeing lots of Nitros, but no Compasses. Probably be wise to end the Liberty too as its a heavy slug in high fuel cost times. A buddy of mine had a Liberty and what a horrible ride and horrid fuel mileage. He has a Trailblazer now and it has horrid interior, but great ride and better fuel mileage than that Liberty.

I'm not bashing Chrysler as I love their new Town and Country and wouldn't mind owning one at all. A very nice minivan. I like it more and more as I see so many on the streets now. Great interior IMO.

If I were buying vehicle today, the Chrysler Town and Country, and Chevy Impala would be on my considertaion list along with the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable, and Fusion Hybrid when it comes out.

if chrysler improved their interiors (including getting rid of those chlostrophobic high/wide consoles) they would go a long way. the exterior styling is great, they seem to have solid entries in each category, competitive pricing, good engines, etc.

really, the interiors are the achilles heel!

I disagree with the whole "exterior styling is great" The sebring, compass, caliber, journey, caravan, T&C and avenger are all styling disasters.

I disagree with the whole "exterior styling is great" The sebring, compass, caliber, journey, caravan, T&C and avenger are all styling disasters.

You forgot to add "in my opinion."

I think the Avenger looks good from the outside, so to does the Calibur and frankly as minivans go, I think both the Caravan and Town and Country look decent, no worse than an Odyssey.

The Compass to me is just ugly, but the Patriot is decent looking and a better interior would help it a lot.

The Sebring needs a complete redesign, the hood just ruins it.

I wonder what type of changes are being brought about so fast? I wonder how drastic said changes are, because these are basically unheard of in the industry?

It almost sounds like its just changes in materials..hell if the Sebring is getting a new interior next month, why not any shots of the new one?

I'm glad they're doing this. I'm surprised those vehicle's interiors passed inspection as well, especially in this time where quality is everything.

Well thats a start for the compass, now they just need to do the exterior and powertrain and someone might buy one..... I forgot altogether they made a Patriot, although that looks pretty decent on the outside.

I agree. I too forgot they made the Patriot, I don't see too many around me. IMO, it's better looking than the Compass.

Chrysler would be smart to just put the Compass out of its misery. The Patriot shows promise, but not the Compass. I live in Metro Detroit and one hardly sees a Compass anymore. I'm seeing lots of Nitros, but no Compasses. Probably be wise to end the Liberty too as its a heavy slug in high fuel cost times. A buddy of mine had a Liberty and what a horrible ride and horrid fuel mileage. He has a Trailblazer now and it has horrid interior, but great ride and better fuel mileage than that Liberty.

I'm not bashing Chrysler as I love their new Town and Country and wouldn't mind owning one at all. A very nice minivan. I like it more and more as I see so many on the streets now. Great interior IMO.

If I were buying vehicle today, the Chrysler Town and Country, and Chevy Impala would be on my considertaion list along with the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable, and Fusion Hybrid when it comes out.

I too think the Compass should just go away. I believe Liberty should stay, but it shouldn't be a Nitro rebadge as it has become.

You forgot to add "in my opinion."

I think the Avenger looks good from the outside, so to does the Calibur and frankly as minivans go, I think both the Caravan and Town and Country look decent, no worse than an Odyssey.

The Compass to me is just ugly, but the Patriot is decent looking and a better interior would help it a lot.

The Sebring needs a complete redesign, the hood just ruins it.

I'm not a big fan of Avenger or Caliber. I agree with your Caravan and T&C assesment. I think Honda ruined the decent looking Odyssey with it's newest refresh (bigger taillights are my biggest gripe).

I also agree with your Compass/Patriot assessment.

Sebring is ugly any way you put it, IMO.

"The only company a Ford fan could bash" Not so sure about that one, but OK.

I wonder what type of changes are being brought about so fast? I wonder how drastic said changes are, because these are basically unheard of in the industry?

I'm thinking it's just a material upgrade, not a design change. It's said they're unheard of because of how quickly they're being done.

I guess so. I just saw my first new Magnum a few weeks ago. It wasn't too good looking, IMO.

Yeah, I saw the first one today since last year's Houston Auto Show...I don't know who thought it was a good idea to "Avenger" the front clip, I'm actually ok with the Avenger front clip....but on the Avenger...not the Magnum.

Yeah, I saw the first one today since last year's Houston Auto Show...I don't know who thought it was a good idea to "Avenger" the front clip, I'm actually ok with the Avenger front clip....but on the Avenger...not the Magnum.

I agree. I don't like the new front clip at all.

So they ugly up the Magnum for 2008 and cancel it, but they keep these two turds and are going to redo the interiors? :do what:

The Magnum got MUCH better looking for 2008 compared with the previous years:

2008:

Dodge-Magnum_RT_2008_photo_03.jpg

Dodge-Magnum_SRT8_2008_photo_02.jpg

OTHER:

Dodge-Magnum_SXT_2005_photo_03.jpg

Actually in that last shot...it looks like a XF.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

2008:

OTHER:

Those pictures make it look better than it does in person. Have you seen one in person, it looks very plain.

I don't know where you're seen XF because I don't think it looks like the XF at all.

Edited by rmc523

2008:

OTHER:

I still prefer the 2005-2007 Magnum front fascia....that new one looks too Avenger-ish.

And I don't mean to imply that it's Superduty ugly or anything....just not as sharp as the 2005-2007 models.

Now, if I had never seen the 2005-2007 front fascia and the car started out with the 2008 front fascia then it'd be more passable.