Glimpse of Flex VistaRoof

Remember all that "OMG!!!! No Vista Roof in teh Flex!!!! Ford sux" noise from a while back?

Okay, so maybe you don't.

Anyway, for those that are curious, here's a glimpse of how the Flex Vista Roof works:

FRD2008011655122_PV.jpg

Per the caption, that is Senator Debbie Stabenow.

Without speculating too much, it looks like you can pop up the individual panels over the 2nd row seats.

Edited by RichardJensen

Remember all that "OMG!!!! No Vista Roof in teh Flex!!!! Ford sux" noise from a while back?

Anyway, for those that are curious, here's a glimpse of how the Flex Vista Roof works:

FRD2008011655122_PV.jpg

Without speculating too much, it looks like you can pop up the individual panels over the 2nd row seats.

well the interior is the only thing i like on that vehicle, if they made a ranger replacement or just a new ranger with the front end of it and maybe made it a little bigger and more tough looking it would look good but not this Crossover/Stationwagon thing

Ahh man, I missed the deleted message!

The Flex is absolutely gorgeous on the floor, but the fascia is not its strongest trait. There is not enough fidelity to the nose and hood, it doesn't pick up the refined details in the body and interior.

The vista roof is designed with rear-set entertainment systems and ventilation in mind, consequently you don't have the simplier and more open design from the Edge/MKX.

Actually, the only problem I have with my MKX is an annoying creaking sound from my Vista Roof in extreme cold (single digits or below).

Looks similar to the Jeep Commander second row skylights:

2006_comm_10m.jpg

inline_30.jpg

The handles in the bottom picture is for a shade as well.

Edit: In Richard's picture, you can just barely notice the large sunroof over the THIRD row as well. Looks like it will be a "Vista" type roof with glass covering the entire roof but the bracing won't be seen from the outside.

Edited by Intrepidatious

2006_comm_10m.jpg

inline_30.jpg

Edit: In Richard's picture, you can just barely notice the large sunroof over the THIRD row as well. Looks like it will be a "Vista" type roof with glass covering the entire roof but the bracing won't be seen from the outside.

Nice catch Intrepidatious, I missed that in the picture. I like the Vista Roof idea. It reminds me of the Buick Sport Wagon my uncle had in '68.

FRD2008011655122_PV.jpg

Those may be handles to pull shades over the glass. It appears the third row panel has that too.

2006_comm_10m.jpg

inline_30.jpg

I didn't know that was an option on the Commander.

I wonder if the top of the roof on Vista Roof Flexes will be painted black or is it all a big glass piece?