new rav4 muffler falls off

DrBoga

1. Someone tried to steal his cat. converter.

2. If there was a thread posted everysingle time someone complained about their new car on an internet forum..............well the forum certainly would suck.

1. If so, somebody's really stupid - the cat's on the other side of the muffler from the tailpipe, and a hacksaw is way faster than a wrench.

2. This is a Ford forum. We're supposed to bash other companies' products for any conceivable reason - especially the company that just passed ours in sales. :)

3. You forgot to point out that the thread title is wrong - no mufflers were harmed in this incident.

BTW, I like how one poster in that thread thinks cats are only worth $50 to a recycler, especially considering the several hundred dollars worth of platinum in there. (assuming the recycler would even accept a cat).

Edited by syrtran

1. Someone tried to steal his cat. converter.

2. If there was a thread posted everysingle time someone complained about their new car on an internet forum..............well the forum certainly would suck.

1. I wonder why a thief would try to unbolt the cat. A cordless reciprocating saw is much faster.

2. I agree

Why? They are just like Honda and Toyota.

And what is this gasket thing you are talking about?

Mazda is just like Honda and Toyota? News to me. When did Ford buy into Honda and Toyota?

That intake manifold thing on your CV that you came on here initially to bitch about and then never left...

Oh is that how it works. Ok, let me try...

I hate Mazda. They are nothing but Japanese pieces of shit.

You must be really smokin somethin' :kuko::kuko: ...... :hysterical::hysterical:

Mazda not only has style and performance, but it is owned by FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a successful part of the Ford PAG(premium auto group) I must add!!!!!!!!!!

I'd buy any Mazda anyday...if the price is right!!!!!!!!!

So you are wrong.............. :slap: :slap:

You must be really smokin somethin' :kuko::kuko: ...... :hysterical::hysterical:

Mazda not only has style and performance, but it is owned by FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mazda is not wholly owned by Ford, nor is it a part of PAG.

Thought they were......my bad :shrug: .....just that when I log onto Ford's website, they are listed there along with Jaguar and others...........

Well Ford does own a part of Mazda nevertheless, so they must be a good car company.

Don't know if that makes them GOOD. I have nothing against Mazda though. I own one. :)

IIRC, Ford owns something like 15 or 20 percent of Mazda. But that's because Japanese laws forbid foreign companies from owning more than that.

Outside of that, you can think of Mazda as a subsidiary of Ford. Mazda gets to tweak some of their engines for the Zoom Zoom factor. But for the most part, they share all the platforms and engines with Ford. Engineering as well.

IIRC, Ford owns something like 15 or 20 percent of Mazda. But that's because Japanese laws forbid foreign companies from owning more than that.

Outside of that, you can think of Mazda as a subsidiary of Ford. Mazda gets to tweak some of their engines for the Zoom Zoom factor. But for the most part, they share all the platforms and engines with Ford. Engineering as well.

Ford owns 33.XX percent.

Mazda is just like Honda and Toyota? News to me. When did Ford buy into Honda and Toyota?

That intake manifold thing on your CV that you came on here initially to bitch about and then never left...

Wow...as I said before, the hypocrisy is thick tonight.

I believe its Premiere Automotive Group, which Mazda isn't part of, and Ford owns 33% of Mazda as suv_guy said.