The Truth About Ford Offerings

mlhm5

Given their current product line up and everything they have in the works; I don’t see them ever turning a profit. Dull, lackluster offerings. Zero excitement, zero reason to buy. Do they offer me the best deal? The best price? The best resale? The best reliability? The best fuel economy? The best performance?

Ford does not get it. They don’t seem to understand that they need to offer something. A compelling reason to buy. They need to take every vehicle they make and make it excel at something. Pick something from the list and make it do that. Take the competitions vehicles and make Fords version of it beat it in some way. Anyway.

For example, the Fusions target market drives Civics, Accords, and Camrys. Those drivers say “hell no I’m not taking a chance with that piece of crap Ford that will break down just like my old Taurus used to.” The Fusion would have to be outright cheaper for people to even start taking a chance with it. Even then, that might not be enough. It needs to win on fuel mileage or performance. Right now, it’s the same or less, or not enough to matter. How does that sell Ford?

One more. Ford Flex is not fun and exciting and won’t change the marketplace and won’t save the company. It’s a Scion xB of different proportions. Look at xB sales. Likely will be similar to Flex. Flex is aimed to be over priced to the extreme. Just like Edge. Way to expensive. Do they still make the Focus? Dumbest thing ever to have a superior desirable version of the Focus that’s only sold in Europe and continue to try and pawn off the inferior 1999 model in the states. So it’s cheaper to make two models of the same car huh?

Ford is making the same cars (mistakes) every year with no change. 2008 is exactly like 2007 and `06, and `05 as far as Ford is concerned and how things are at Ford and what they offer. 2009 is already the same. If Ford is still in business in 2011, they will still be making the same old 2008 and 2009 models.

If they ain’t selling today, they ain’t going to sell tomorrow. Drastic changes are needed at Ford. Midyear model changes across the board. Dump the trash. Shake it up or lose the chance. Ford still has $34 billion.

IMO, Ford has the cruise control set and chartered the course to failure. Allen Mulally has the autopilot turned on because he already got paid and is waiting to be CEO of another company. The man does not care about the fate of Ford.

Edited by mlhm5

yes - since yesterday or this morning since you started this little bitching stream Ford has not re-designed the complete portfolio to satisfy your inastiable desires ... designing cars is a process - and this year is the start of the process making sense to all onlookers and getting visibly better.

w/e

anyways - I think the 150k Fusion buyers, 130k Edge buyers, and the 900k F-series buyers would disagree with you, but all know that the ONLY opinion that matters in this world is YOUR opinion .. is it not?

Igor

Yea, nothing says excitement like a Camry, definitely much more exciting than a 725 horsepower Mustang...

:slug:

Agreed, the Camry is a snoozer. But a 725HP Mustang costs how much? I can think of a lot more exciting and capable rides for the money.

But back on track, Ford does have some exciting product. A 300HP Mustang at 25K is definitely exciting. The Edge? Does it for me. Flex? I'm not a fan, but you have to admit it is "different". Ford IS waking up. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• 2 weeks later...

So far you have yet to prove yourself around here.

You ramble on and about diesel offerings from Nissan, Toyota and Honda. Yet, as far as we all know only Honda has a serious diesel option on the horizon (which isn't available right now).

You praise Toyota about the glorious hybrids that they produce, yet when mention is made of CD3 hybrids in addition to well know gen 2 systems coming online.

Then there is the nit picking. Well it doesn't win in fuel economy, or it doesn't lick the sweat off my balls.

Ford has improved product reliability and resale. Pricing of Ford products is in line, if not cheaper than alot of their Japanese counterparts. The safety is there as is the quality.

I also fail to see why everyone is so quick to pre-judge the Flex. When prompted to think outside of the box (no pun intended) someone did, and now everyone is quick to second guess it before it even debuts.

Instead of offering a reasonable solution you piss and moan about the same things over and over and over again. Your arguments are FLAWED, and you continue to ignore documented evidence. Get a grip.

This supposed truth is your horrendous delusion. BTW, I hope whatever you do for a living doesn't require a lot of documentation nor reasoned judgement.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

flex will eclipse the edge as a "certifiable hit" - Igor's prediction for the first 12 months of Flex's sales.

People here are scared of it, but the media, and the buying public LOVE it - Ford finally created a Minivan alternative that is NOT and SUV, yet it's not boring. People are eating it up, and everyone will see it when the car goes on sale.

Igor

flex will eclipse the edge as a "certifiable hit" - Igor's prediction for the first 12 months of Flex's sales.

People here are scared of it, but the media, and the buying public LOVE it - Ford finally created a Minivan alternative that is NOT and SUV, yet it's not boring. People are eating it up, and everyone will see it when the car goes on sale.

Igor

Now Igor, you are one of the more sensible people on here (i.e. not a cheerleader) but i dont know if "certifiable hit" will describe the Flex. Will it sell decent numbers? I think so. Will it be a hit bigger than the Edge? I dont think so. Time will tell.......

Now Igor, you are one of the more sensible people on here (i.e. not a cheerleader) but i dont know if "certifiable hit" will describe the Flex. Will it sell decent numbers? I think so. Will it be a hit bigger than the Edge? I dont think so. Time will tell.......

Who cares what you think troll?

Really....anybody really give a rats ass to anything you have to say?

Didn't think so.

Why don't you troll the chev board or mopar board..oh wait, you probably do!

Your the annoying little fuck who is always trying to stir up shit then step back and enjoy the bickering. What are you an ambulance chaser? You seem to have the same mentality, you seem to actually enjoy other's pain and suffering.

Your a waste of..well..EVERYTHING.

So, to sum up, FUCK OFF AND DIE!

hence the piece " Igor's prediction ...."

BOF has been sort of in the middle of people throwing a ton of predictions out there - usually "Edge will fall flat and take Ford with it" negatard type ... and oftentimes they end up proven wrong - and called out on their falseness

I am throwing out a positive prediction - based on the reaction I have been perceiving from the market and media, unless ford drops the ball on reliability, price, or MPG, the Flex will fly off the lots as quickly if not faster than the Edge.

Someone can save this and revisit it next summer.

Igor

I would like to make a comment on the Fusion prices... the Fusion is priced pretty damn nice... 22k for my 06 SEL V6 in 06.. i see optimas, civics, and some other smaller 4 banger cars costing the same price... other than gas mileage they offer nothing more exciting that my fusion...

Who cares what you think troll?

Really....anybody really give a rats ass to anything you have to say?

Didn't think so.

Why don't you troll the chev board or mopar board..oh wait, you probably do!

Your the annoying little fuck who is always trying to stir up shit then step back and enjoy the bickering. What are you an ambulance chaser? You seem to have the same mentality, you seem to actually enjoy other's pain and suffering.

Your a waste of..well..EVERYTHING.

So, to sum up, FUCK OFF AND DIE!

Did you forget to take your meds again this morning broke??

I am throwing out a positive prediction - based on the reaction I have been perceiving from the market and media, unless ford drops the ball on reliability, price, or MPG, the Flex will fly off the lots as quickly if not faster than the Edge.

Igor

See you in June 09!

hence the piece " Igor's prediction ...."

BOF has been sort of in the middle of people throwing a ton of predictions out there - usually "Edge will fall flat and take Ford with it" negatard type ... and oftentimes they end up proven wrong - and called out on their falseness

Igor

The report is that Dealers love the new Flex and can't wait to get it on their lots. That is always a good sign. Are the Dealers excited about product. Who would know what sells better than someone who makes a living at it. Dealers have reported that they get many inquiries about the Flex and most feel they could sell it easily when it comes.

The report is that Dealers love the new Flex and can't wait to get it on their lots. That is always a good sign. Are the Dealers excited about product. Who would know what sells better than someone who makes a living at it. Dealers have reported that they get many inquiries about the Flex and most feel they could sell it easily when it comes.

yep, a cooler looking minivan type vehicle but bigger than the XB... my local dealer said he has gotten about 30 people written down to contact when the vehicle comes out..