F-150 Pre-Game Super Bowl ad

rmc523

If they agreed to an orgy, you would be the one bringing the lube in your high-sided, stair-cased, million button, ricer taillights F-150.

Did you see the new radio setup? There aren't a million buttons anymore...High sided= more volume in bed .... taillights aren't a big deal, they look fine...theyre taillights...do you honestly not like it over tailights? Staircases are an interesting idea, actually kinda cool.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he build a billboard and then they plastered a big f-150 ad on it. Very predictible. Then he closes the show on the back of a pickup truck...a new F-150...and that same truck sneaks it's way into a TON of shots...

click...it may work.

It is from season 6, episode 1.

He always drives an F-150 doesn't he? Its not really that big a deal, its just marketing...?

Did you see the new radio setup? There aren't a million buttons anymore...High sided= more volume in bed .... taillights aren't a big deal, they look fine...theyre taillights...do you honestly not like it over tailights? Staircases are an interesting idea, actually kinda cool.

he doesn't like the F-150 let alone anything other than his :redcard:

oh yeah he also like the Taurus X and the Ranger

Edited by Ford-150

I thought it was disgusting what they did in the Dirty Jobs episode where he builds a billboard. That episode really showed how desperate Ford really is.

Yes, how dare Ford use F-150 product placement in one of the most popular shows on cable television!!! Ford should have put a :redcard: ad up instead!!! Then I'm sure it would have been fine.

We were watching it at my buddys house on a 10" screen, looked pretty awesome to me :shades:

I wonder how many of the whiners here have actually seen laid on display, fully dissassembled vehicles from every major brand including wheel studs, suspension perches, rear axles and ring gears, tow hooks, bed bolts, body mounts, sway bar links and the likes. How many have seen the frames layed out together both complete and sectionalized showing every gusset, weld, and stamping thickness. My guess is somewhere between 0 and 0% chance.

The ad was good, but I found it kinda fake or unnecessary(sp?). Meaning, I don't remember the last time I swung my truck around by it's tow hooks. It reminded me of the stupid Nissan commercial where they tip a bed upside down to prove it's superior to the ford?? How does that apply to using my truck?

I hate to say this but Toyota nailed it by showing actual applications you could use. Like towing up hills and from dead stops, loading the bed with a real load(manuer) and not 30,000lbs dropped from a helicopter, 0-60 & 40-70mph runs, etc..

Ford needs to put their trucks next to the competitors under loads and extreme driving conditions (if they can compete in these areas?) in commercials. Do you remember the 6.0 PSD superduty against the Chebby in a drag race towing large trailers, then at the end there were two guys in the grandstands saying "I guess that proves it". That was a bad ass commercial and actually applied using the truck the way it should.

You mean like quite a few years ago Chevy or GMC attached a big old bungee cord to the Blazer and drove it off of the New River Gorge bridge in WV??

I was referring to the half-ton to 1 ton pickup as being a largely American vehicle, sold in exceptionally small quantities around the world.

Essentially, if the vehicle is primarily consumed in this market, there are usually advantages to be found engineering and testing it in this market.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

I really like the part that said "Closed Centrifuge-Do Not Attempt". I don't know about you guys but I was looking forward to going down to my local centrifuge and trying that out. :hysterical:

All in all it was an attention getter and made the point that if they put a lot of thought into something as small as tow hooks, they probably got the big things right like the frame. The behind the scenes videos on the website are great. I hope to see more of the Mike Rowe ads.

You know if they didn't put the disclaimer, some idiot would go try to do it, and even with the disclaimer, you and I both know that there's somebody out there trying it.

Took these pics on the way home from work a month or so ago. Crappy cell phone again, but hey, its how i got the Ridgeline pics a few weeks back too :D

Enjoy!

12-14-07_1700-1.jpg

12-14-07_1659.jpg

12-14-07_1658.jpg

Ouch.....sad that such a beautiful car was destroyed, I wonder what happened to it.....and I would not want to see that repair bill, but then again, R8 customers are ones who could just write a check for a new one on the spot.

Mike Rowe does a great job in the commercials. lol He's pretty funny. A lot of the commercials are pretty much a big :finger: to the competition. Anyway I really think that his reputation from Dirty Jobs really helps emphasize the F-150's down and dirty, tough truck image. I also look forward to more Mike Rowe ads.

I agree....I think Mike Rowe's ads are great.

You know if they didn't put the disclaimer, some idiot would go try to do it, and even with the disclaimer, you and I both know that there's somebody out there trying it.

I know you are right. As a lawyer, I am constantly amused, but not surprised, by the ingenuity of fools vis a vis "Foolproof" systems. It's like the disclaimer on the first Edge ads that the Edge can't really ride the ledge of buildings. I'm sure that somewhere someone has access to a giant centrifuge and a Ford truck.

I know you are right. As a lawyer, I am constantly amused, but not surprised, by the ingenuity of fools vis a vis "Foolproof" systems. It's like the disclaimer on the first Edge ads that the Edge can't really ride the ledge of buildings. I'm sure that somewhere someone has access to a giant centrifuge and a Ford truck.

Well there's 700,000+ people that have access to a new Ford truck from last year, so.....

I don't think there's an abundance of centrifuges though.... :hysterical: