Anyone heard any "little" truck news?

RangerM

Filling up the tank of my 22mpg Ranger this morning with $3.00/gallon gasoline reminds me that I actually like getting decent mileage in a truck.

I've lurked around looking for information of the mythical F-100, and have only seen brief references, but nothing that could be considered definitive.

I recall Igor saying (awhile back) something about the revelation coming this summer in TX (or something similar), but was curious if anyone has any more recent info.

unfortunately no, and with the news about tne Raptor - the "new truck coming this summer" spot might have bee taken... some say the Transit Connect is the Ranger replacement - at least until the AU built T6 platform is ready, but that is just a speculation I have heard. I will keep you updated if I do find out anything new.

Igor

Umm, just a thought, but, what about a small runabout trucklet on the Transit connect platform? I think that would serve the existing ranger market quite well (at least the portion that likes the gas mileage of the 4 banger and doesn't tow a lot). Any thoughts?

the TC is unitbody, unless you do a cab cutaway, and just slap on a self-holding bed like Falcon/Commodore the bed is not very strong - see the Rigeline.

Igor

Yeah, right, dana 44 and 9",np235 bull low tranny and 205 t/case. The 9" had 31 spline, limited slip front and rear. 351M or 400 wasn't mutch but did last fairly good and with cam and headers/4bbl suprised a lot of people.

There are STILL lots around here, and when the body rotted off the drivetrain kept going.

Yup ford fucked up...whatever.

Yeah, right, dana 44 and 9",np235 bull low tranny and 205 t/case. The 9" had 31 spline, limited slip front and rear. 351M or 400 wasn't mutch but did last fairly good and with cam and headers/4bbl suprised a lot of people.

There are STILL lots around here, and when the body rotted off the drivetrain kept going.

Yup ford fucked up...whatever.

[/quote

full size bronco was pathetic...i had one...worst piece of shit i ever owned....now..somebody post a pic of the new bronco...i heard it look like the pre 1977 verison...before ford messed with a good thing

As of December they are supposed to be doing the Bronco and the F-100 on the same platform......I will find out more in April

That's some really good news. With the Explorer going unit-body, a new Bronco (hopefully with a 4-door version) with an optional V8 would soak up a lot of dissatisfied Explorer owners.

Then, I presume the small B-size SUV will be the EcoSport for the US market.

A friend of mine owned an 88 Bronco with a roller cam 302 out of a Mustang in it. That thing was big stupid fun. Curbs were a non issue, so were public parks, stairs and backroads that ran parallel to certain airports.

We did get the hitch stuck in the concrete when trying to back down some stairs once. Just back up faster and bask in the glory of a giant scar left in the concrete. :D

BTW - same friend also owns a 72. That one has its own stories to go along with it.

As the former owner of an 89 Super Cab 4 x 4 that a buddy of mine is now pushing 200,000 on and the owner of an 04 Super Cab FX 4 level II, I can only hope.

In the meantime Mahindra annouced they would be building a diesel compact pick up in Ohio next year. We can only hope Mulaly recognizes he has idiots as product planners who wouldn't recognize a market if it hit them between the eyes.

Ranger? how many short years ago was it one of the top 10 sales leaders in the US???

As of December they are supposed to be doing the Bronco and the F-100 on the same platform......I will find out more in April

Fantastic if true, that just made my day.

That was my reaction too... I thought the full size was a lot better than the original?

Not to me. I always thought the first, sorta Wrangler-esque Bronco was always the best. Sure, the full size was bigger, but the first was more fun.

A friend of mine owned an 88 Bronco with a roller cam 302 out of a Mustang in it. That thing was big stupid fun. Curbs were a non issue, so were public parks, stairs and backroads that ran parallel to certain airports.

now that sounds like something i'd be interested in. i'd love to see someone tear through a public park in an old bronco