Ford February 2008 Sales

igor

Yeah, no shit. Explain to me why you think a fleet vehicle should have a nice interior while a retail vehicle should not?

Again, you seem to gripe about the S197's Mustang's interior a LOT more than the hundreds of thousands of owners do. Most of them seem perfectly content with it.

Why use the :redcard: 's fleet status as an excuse for its suckitude? It's a fleet-only car BECAUSE of its suckitude.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diesel maintenance on a Sedan is hardly much more than a gasser. No more $300 to $500 tune ups. Trucks? Sure. But not small car diesels.

Peace and Blessings

oil changes...usually 1 1/2 times the amount, moisture traps, injector flushes more frequent, particulative filters...not to mention the necessity of urea now no? They will be in my estimate at LEAST1 1/2 times the maintenence costs of a gasser....it may be a little at at a time but over the life adds up pretty good....plus look at tthe space the 6.4 takes up compared with the V10....working space with all the necessary diesel ancilliaries would seem to point to repairs taking longer and at $90 per hour.....I'm just not sold on the diesel sedan subject....A) for the initial cost, B) ongoing maintenence costs C) having to search sometimes for diesel D) maybe 3-5 MPGs better than an efficient gas engine of the same dis-placement...which is 48-80 per 16 gallon tank but then diesel is more $ at the pump to begin with ( most of the time anyways )....and i'm not sure the public is ready to embrace either

Again, you seem to gripe about the S197's Mustang's interior a LOT more than the hundreds of thousands of owners do. Most of them seem perfectly content with it.

They just settled.

Why use the :redcard: 's fleet status as an excuse for its suckitude? It's a fleet-only car BECAUSE of its suckitude.

I think Ford should be more concerned at the "suckitude" of the Sable/Taurus sales than the interior of the Panthers. The Panther is a workhorse (and does a job that NO OTHER VEHICLE IN FORDS LINEUP could do)...and I don't hear any Panther owners complaining about the interior...

oil changes...usually 1 1/2 times the amount, moisture traps, injector flushes more frequent, particulative filters...not to mention the necessity of urea now no? They will be in my estimate at LEAST1 1/2 times the maintenence costs of a gasser....it may be a little at at a time but over the life adds up pretty good....plus look at tthe space the 6.4 takes up compared with the V10....working space with all the necessary diesel ancilliaries would seem to point to repairs taking longer and at $90 per hour.....I'm just not sold on the diesel sedan subject....A) for the initial cost, B) ongoing maintenence costs C) having to search sometimes for diesel D) maybe 3-5 MPGs better than an efficient gas engine of the same dis-placement...which is 48-80 per 16 gallon tank but then diesel is more $ at the pump to begin with ( most of the time anyways )....and i'm not sure the public is ready to embrace either

You don't have to put the urea in.

Hahah! That's hilarious! An American company with maybe one Hispanic employee outside Hermosillo sells a car designed in Europe and given Spanish name, and you somehow equate it with illegal immigration from Latin America in the US?

Well, racists and bigots aren't known for their feats of logic....

Why don't Ford play it dead safe and name all their cars after North American Indians so they don't offend any new arrivals from anywhere?

Ford Wigwam, Ford Kato, Ford Maidu, Miwok, Ford Kuki and Mini Haha, or go name it after a dinosuar you could the new Crown Vic the Ford Tyranosuarus Rex that would not offend any new immigrants coming into the US.

he should..its a work of shit...it is bad...stang owners are so darn arrogant and have the attitude of the south end of the preverbial north bound donkey they overllok shoddy products in the stang....it needs to be better in 2010...it has to be better....as it stands now it reminds me of an interior in my neigbors 1980 fairmont..its that shitty

They just settled.

That's a lot of people "settling".

I think Ford should be more concerned at the "suckitude" of the Sable/Taurus sales than the interior of the Panthers. The Panther is a workhorse (and does a job that NO OTHER VEHICLE IN FORDS LINEUP could do)...and I don't hear any Panther owners complaining about the interior...

Again, the :redcard: has been relegated to being a "workhorse" because no retail buyer in their right mind would look at them twice. Seems the Escape taxi cabs are holding up just as well as their :redcard: brethren in fleets so far.

:redcard: "owners" don't complain about the interiors because 99.9% of the people who drive them don't actually OWN them.

When your only defense of the :redcard: is to badmouth the D3's, you know your argument must be pretty weak.

Yea, but there is also:

Movie Stars, Drugs, Movie Stars, Gangs, Movie Stars, HollyWood, Movie Stars, San Jose, Movie Stars, Oakland, Movie Stars, the worst schools in the nation, etc.

Then there is also this growing sentiment bordering on racism. homeland14iu.jpg

Peace and Blessings

Mac...true...but don't generalize...isolated areas DO suck...just like ANY state....

he should..its a work of shit...it is bad...stang owners are so darn arrogant and have the attitude of the south end of the preverbial north bound donkey they overllok shoddy products in the stang....it needs to be better in 2010...it has to be better....as it stands now it reminds me of an interior in my neigbors 1980 fairmont..its that shitty

Oh give me a freakin' break. :finger:

That's a lot of people "settling".

Again, the :redcard: has been relegated to being a "workhorse" because no retail buyer in their right mind would look at them twice. Seems the Escape taxi cabs are holding up just as well as their :redcard: brethren in fleets so far.

:redcard: "owners" don't complain about the interiors because 99.9% of the people who drive them don't actually OWN them.

When your only defense of the :redcard: is to badmouth the D3's, you know your argument must be pretty weak.

You live in a backwards world when a "cheaper than dirt" interior is just fine in a retail car...but not ok in a fleet vehicle.

Not to mention all of the equipment that has been designed for the Panther interior.

Oh well, the GM will continue to out sell the Sable and that fact is :hysterical:

You don't have to put the urea in.

VW or the Honda?.......had two buddies in NZ with diesel Rabbits.....thay couldn't get rid of them quick enough...CONSTANTLY in the shop....sure hope VW gets it right this time...although with their US record on "simple" gas engines I would be EXTREMELY wary........

You live in a backwards world when a "cheaper than dirt" interior is just fine in a retail car...but not ok in a fleet vehicle.

Not to mention all of the equipment that has been designed for the Panther interior.

Oh well, the GM will continue to out sell the Sable and that fact is :hysterical:

You are the one postulating that the Mustang's interior is "cheaper than dirt". Most owners and critics alike disagree with you, plain and simple.

So now your argument has faltered to JUST the GM and Sable? Mercury is a hopeless brand altogether, GM and Sable included. The Taurus already outsells the Clown Vic. The MKS will almost certainly surpass the Clown Car in sales within 60 days of its launch too.

You are the one postulating that the Mustang's interior is "cheaper than dirt". Most owners and critics alike disagree with you, plain and simple.

So now your argument has faltered to JUST the GM and Sable? Mercury is a hopeless brand altogether, GM and Sable included. The Taurus already outsells the Clown Vic. The MKS will almost certainly surpass the Clown Car in sales within 60 days of its launch too.

But again...we wait...

only the blind can call a pile of shit dinner...ford needs to rethink and redevelop inteiors immediately sans the f150

Edited by snooter

I'm just going to readily guess that you have the inability to look at things within the big picture.....

Think about it. In the market where the GM appeals the most (older crowd) do you really think they care about a RWD ancient platform, or is it the name that drives their purchase decisions? The Sable looks better, offers a lot more safety equipment and is packaged much better (both interior and trunk space). I would venture to think that the Sable fits their needs much more so than a GM.

I'm just going to readily guess that you have the inability to look at things within the big picture.....

Think about it. In the market where the GM appeals the most (older crowd) do you really think they care about a RWD ancient platform, or is it the name that drives their purchase decisions? The Sable looks better, offers a lot more safety equipment and is packaged much better (both interior and trunk space). I would venture to think that the Sable fits their needs much more so than a GM.

Yeah...and yet the GM outsells it 2-1. :hysterical:

Hmm... the interior of our first Mustang (a 2004) beat the pants off of the Civic my wife was driving at the time, and that interior had been around since 1994! When we upgraded her to the 2006 we were FLOORED by the quality and packaging for something that costs just over $21,000. Everything about the car felt very, very solid. Our friends RAVED for months about how much they loved the car. When I ordered the '08 for her, we got the leather (black with pink stitching), IUP, and ambient lighting. Our friends STILL rave about this one... Tupperware? I don't think so... Is it a Bentley? Mercedes? No. It's a Mustang, and it sells so well for a reason. The improvements will be welcomed, as things can always get better. But the interior of the S197 is NOT one of his cons.