Ford February 2008 Sales

igor

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were such huge success, why didn't Chrysler invest in making them meet requirements?

Maybe you've heard of the financial problems that Chrysler has had of late. It's only talked about daily around here. Why can't Ford invest some money in that Mustang interior and raise it up to a couple of notches above the tupper ware party that it is right now?

Maybe you've heard of the financial problems that Chrysler has had of late. It's only talked about daily around here. Why can't Ford invest some money in that Mustang interior and raise it up to a couple of notches above the tupper ware party that it is right now?

Hey, I was just asking a question. No need to get defensive.

Hey, I was just asking a question. No need to get defensive.

OH, sorry, I thought you were going Deanh on me. lol No seriously, I think they just didn't have the money to invest in it is all. They do sell diesels overseas in the Wrangler, I guessing it's not US emissions compliant, but I don't know that for sure. It could just be that they think it won't sell here.

Way to go with the new Focus! It was a great time to hit the market with a redesigned small car considering fuel prices and the economy. This great little car is going to prove the nay-sayers wrong...the ones that said it would be a total sales flop.

CD3 (Passenger car and CUV) sales remain strong. If you count all of the CD3 based models together you get 35,512 vehicles. Not too bad considering the number of people around here that try to say the CD3 platform is crap and a total flop.

Escape and Mariner seem to be hanging in there selling a combined 17,235. I am sure there will be a few Tribute sales that can be thrown in the mix when the numbers are released and total compact SUV sales for Ford should be right around 19,000+/- a few.

Point is Ford is down, however there is some encouraging news in these sales reports. Ford seems to have some successful models in some very key areas considering the state of the economy and fuel prices.

Wow, you people don't have a clue what your talking about, but "profess" that you do. My sister is on here 5th (I think, maybe 4th) diesel jetta or golf or whatever the hell it's called, and has had basically no problems with them. All diesel and all traded in around 150-200,000km's. Great milage and the newest one (06 I think) is VERY quiet when running. It's got a turbo so it's not too bad. Over all it's pretty good...but not a ford so I bug here.LOL!

Wow, "diesels are this", and "diesel's are like that", "vw's like this" All it proves is that most of you read lots of reports, but have never owned or even drove all these cars and truck you "know".

Have a big old cup of "shut the fuck up" will ya?

And yes I'm a die hard ford guy, but don't try to bullshit a bullshitter as the saying goes.

Wow, you people don't have a clue what your talking about, but "profess" that you do. My sister is on here 5th (I think, maybe 4th) diesel jetta or golf or whatever the hell it's called, and has had basically no problems with them. All diesel and all traded in around 150-200,000km's. Great milage and the newest one (06 I think) is VERY quiet when running. It's got a turbo so it's not too bad. Over all it's pretty good...but not a ford so I bug here.LOL!

Wow, "diesels are this", and "diesel's are like that", "vw's like this" All it proves is that most of you read lots of reports, but have never owned or even drove all these cars and truck you "know".

Have a big old cup of "shut the fuck up" will ya?

And yes I'm a die hard ford guy, but don't try to bullshit a bullshitter as the saying goes.

I have heard NOTHING but GOOD things regarding the diesel VWs.

Unfortunately it takes more than 2.4 brain cells to actually go out and do research for yourself...something the :cheerleader: here have a problem with.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Yeah...never mind the fact that the February was the Malibu's 3rd full month of sales...and it is already right up there with what the Fusion regularly sells.

and wait till the redesigned Fusion hits the showrooms.....

These battles can go on... and on.... and on... and on.... and on....

As far as VW goes, i never said the diesel was a POS, i just said they dont sell. I also stand by the fact that they DONT sell in today's market.

and wait till the redesigned Fusion hits the showrooms.....

It is always "wait for ________" with Ford isn't it?

As far as VW goes, i never said the diesel was a POS, i just said they dont sell. I also stand by the fact that they DONT sell in today's market.

No shit...because they AREN'T sold in todays market. The only diesels are in trucks.

It is always "wait for ________" with Ford isn't it?

No shit...because they AREN'T sold in todays market. The only diesels are in trucks.

How is that not like "Wait till the Malibu is on the market for more than 3 months"?

or "Wait till the diesels hit the market"

Hey smart guy, they sold them in the market. Even the Beetle was made with an optional diesel. Ooooooh remember all the top sales records that diesel model broke? Hell, Ive never even seen one in person.

Ive even seen more 80s GM diesel G-Bodies in person than Ive seen post-'00 VW diesels in person.

Yeah...never mind the fact that the February was the Malibu's 3rd full month of sales...and it is already right up there with what the Fusion regularly sells.

Yeah. There was never a Malibu before three months ago.

Check Malibu numbers from last year. It remains to be seen what this Malibu does for GM that the last Malibu did not.

Malibu sales will be through the roof for March though. It'll be time for GM's annual March Madness Incentifest.

Thats right. You never said anything that could possibly be taken as an attempt to blame the Malibu's less-than-Fusion sales numbers on the fact that its new in the market place.

I have heard NOTHING but GOOD things regarding the diesel VWs.

Unfortunately it takes more than 2.4 brain cells to actually go out and do research for yourself...something the :cheerleader: here have a problem with.

I own a 03 Jetta TDI wagon, you can drive it 80mph and still get over 40mpg. If you drive it at 65mph you get around 60mpg. So far we have 100,000 miles on our TDI and has been trouble free for the most part. The bad part about owning a TDI is the dealership, which has no clue on working on them. I'm lucky in that I know how to work on VW diesels.

I own a 03 Jetta TDI wagon, you can drive it 80mph and still get over 40mpg. If you drive it at 65mph you get around 60mpg. So far we have 100,000 miles on our TDI and has been trouble free for the most part. The bad part about owning a TDI is the dealership, which has no clue on working on them. I'm lucky in that I know how to work on VW diesels.

But listen to the :cheerleader: here...we (the USA) don't want cars that get 60MPG. we want cars that get 30MPG.

/sarcasm

But listen to the :cheerleader: here...we (the USA) don't want cars that get 60MPG. we want cars that get 30MPG.

/sarcasm

So the fact that the cars were sold and failed in the marketplace says........? The people that matter are the ones that BUY the cars. You must know the true route to profitability and increased market share though.

Funny the knuckle dragging, 10 year old P71 driving, real men blame Cali liberals for all the car biz problems. But hero GW bush said, and look this up, "Detroit has to learn how to compete". And gun loving Cheny will get richer as oil goes to $150 a barrel.

So blame the nuts, but all the SUV guzzlers that people of all political persusions drive is the problem.

Back on topic, Ford Fusion outsold Chrysler 300 again, the car that Ford was 'supposed to build'!

The market will be moving toward Ranchero, El Camino type vehicles that are more fuel efficient. GM had a 4 door El Camino retro futuristic concept at the autoshow this year. Ford needs to import a # of LSD Falcons to the U.S.

DSCI0705.jpgDSCI0706.jpgDSCI0710.jpgDSCI0709.jpg

I like that Denali XT concept, some of the detailing I don't like, but overall, I think it's a pretty attractive vehicle.

and you think it will make it to production? If GM does manage that - that would be cool - but remember Ford does not have an answer - Ford's Hybrid system cannot tow- only the 2MODE system can tow - and Ford does not have access to that one. So the Falcon Ute would not do anything.

Igor

Does anybody know if the rumored Hydraulic Hybrid program is still alive? If so, it's able to tow right?

That's why those "liberals" in CA made hands free cell phones a LAW.

I'm sure someone will complain that it's an enfringement on their rights (to do something stupid) LOL.

Um.....it is an infringement on the rights of the folks who can actually walk and chew gum at the same time (drive and use a cell phone).

It's the equivalent to outlawing fattening food because of the idiot who shoved the food in their mouth to begin with.

It's the equivalent to outlawing guns because of the idiot who pulled the trigger to begin with.

Until they outlaw all the other idiotic distractions in the car like children, DVD players, doing makeup. car radio, then they should leave cell phones well enough alone.