Ford February 2008 Sales

igor

Here's a start a rounding up the morons! That's two of dumbest comments I've seen anywhere.

and one comes from your taxpayers dollars HARD at work.... :ohsnap: Lets all jump on the hate california bandwagon since we all know we would sure like to live there....mid 70's outside....

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peoples republik ok kalifornia is trying t force its way on the other 49 states..i fully agree...best thing to happen is for the big one to hit and kali ceases to exist...

KMA

I don't know where you live, but I've probably been there, and I'd rather live in San Diego than any other city I've been to.

Your ignorance may be bliss to you, it's just annoying to the rest of us. How would you like it if I wished you dead and your state/city gone? Needless to mention what "the big one" would do to the rest of the country's economy if CA did face such a calamity.

KMA

I don't know where you live, but I've probably been there, and I'd rather live in San Diego than any other city I've been to.

Your ignorance may be bliss to you, it's just annoying to the rest of us. How would you like it if I wished you dead and your state/city gone? Needless to mention what "the big one" would do to the rest of the country's economy if CA did face such a calamity.

pelosi, boxer,,,yeah you sure do grow winners out there....the problem with detroit is an asnine gov't choking them on building cars we want and forcing huge sums of dollars in added safety features...with a liberals prospective none of us should be here today...we had no gov't protection in regards to our safety since the dawn of time until liberals (aka sheep) felt like they wanted the tit of gov't to grant their protection..stupid liberals are why detroit cannot compete...FREE DETROIT

press release is posted here: http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=27753

Ford said to expect:

decline of about 10% overall: http://www.autosavant.net/2008/02/us-febru...-of-monday.html

20% decline in daily rental fleet sales: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...c=21740&hl=

and increase in Focus retail sales: http://media.ford.com/products/press_artic...FA64DFA46151245

(the first two links should officially go to Autonews, but, Autonews is messing up atm, I will change them when I get a chance)

Rality:

Focus retail UP 36%, overall down 7%, retail down 6%

Igor

Further evidence that high mileage vehicles will be in very high demand.

I might add that last year February had 28 days and this year there was an extra day for those who want to compare apples with apples.

pelosi, boxer,,,yeah you sure do grow winners out there....the problem with detroit is an asnine gov't choking them on building cars we want and forcing huge sums of dollars in added safety features...with a liberals prospective none of us should be here today...we had no gov't protection in regards to our safety since the dawn of time until liberals (aka sheep) felt like they wanted the tit of gov't to grant their protection..stupid liberals are why detroit cannot compete...FREE DETROIT

not sure I agree.....think of all the Billions lost in lawsuits irrespective of accountability for goofy driving habits....SUE BABY SUE! thus we are burdened with excessive safety items, excessive weight BUT there is less chance of us stubbing our toes whilst driving and suing the manufacturer....

Further evidence that high mileage vehicles will be in very high demand.

I might add that last year February had 28 days and this year there was an extra day for those who want to compare apples with apples.

not to mention...$104 per barrel........

not sure I agree.....think of all the Billions lost in lawsuits irrespective of accountability for goofy driving habits....SUE BABY SUE! thus we are burdened with excessive safety items, excessive weight BUT there is less chance of us stubbing our toes whilst driving and suing the manufacturer....

[/quote

i agree...best way to get more mpg is weight reduction...our cars are as fat as the fatties who consume big macs every day...where is richard simmons when we need em....FREE DETROIT

More of your _____ ramblings.

People care about safety. If we somehow miraculously "lifted" all those "Liberal" safety restaints to help Detroit compete, who'd buy a car without air bags/ABS/crumple zones/etc.? Then US car companies would look like one of India or China's unsafe strippo models.

Detroit is competing on safety, some of the safest cars/trucks are American.

(LOL Why am I even responding to this stuff?????)

Edited by timmm55

More of your _____ ramblings.

People care about safety. If we somehow miraculously "lifted" all those "Liberal" safety restaints to help Detroit compete, who'd buy a car without air bags/ABS/crumple zones/etc.? Then US car companies would look like one of India or China's unsafe strippo models.

Detroit is competing on safety, some of the safest cars/trucks are American.

(LOL Why am I even responding to this stuff?????)

Don't get upset about it....some people can't help but lice in the dark ages...if anything we should feel sorry for them.

Don't get upset about it....some people can't help but lice in the dark ages...if anything we should feel sorry for them.

personally I think safety IS important but has gone WAY over the top...more stringent driving tests would accomplish WAY more than 42 airbags, PUT THE DAMN CELL PHONE DOWN .....but, the manufacturers seem forced, subliminal fear can be a strong argument.........

personally I think safety IS important but has gone WAY over the top...more stringent driving tests would accomplish WAY more than 42 airbags, PUT THE DAMN CELL PHONE DOWN .....but, the manufacturers seem forced, subliminal fear can be a strong argument.........

That's why those "liberals" in CA made hands free cell phones a LAW.

I'm sure someone will complain that it's an enfringement on their rights (to do something stupid) LOL.

That's why those "liberals" in CA made hands free cell phones a LAW.

I'm sure someone will complain that it's an enfringement on their rights (to do something stupid) LOL.

I don't think that law has passed yet...when it does the CHP income will skyrocket....seems every SECOND vehicle i pass has someone yakking and not concentrating as they should...going to be a feild day for the states income....

peoples republik ok kalifornia is trying t force its way on the other 49 states..i fully agree...best thing to happen is for the big one to hit and kali ceases to exist...

WHAT are we forcing on other people? Last I heard CA emissions packages arent required in all 50 states, and WE arent pushing them to be adopted by any other states.

I think of myself to be more of a conservative on many issues, but emissions, and safety requirements should have some place in the auto world. I agree that people shouldnt be forced into certain things (MPG requirements for say) but since when does a law in CA affect you?

Personally I like it, but what of their current investment in the Sport Trac?

That would probably be a better choice...MUCH more room in the ST and would appeal to a MUCH broader group of people. Sport Trac or Ranger, Ford needs a high MPG small truck...one that actually gets high mileage while not sacrificing capability (ala Ford Escape Hybrid).

Oh so now its California's fault for something that we don't get certain engine variants stateside? Classic!! It's not like we are the majority here, with the ability to force legislation down the throats of people back east. The NE States adopted what they did because they wanted to....so come off of it.

God forbid we want to see the mountains and have the ability to breathe.

I don't think that law has passed yet...when it does the CHP income will skyrocket....seems every SECOND vehicle i pass has someone yakking and not concentrating as they should...going to be a feild day for the states income....

I thought it passed, it's not in effect yet.....grace period?

So its our fault other states adopt the idea on their own accord? Last I heard, there are parts of the country that still dont have emissions testing at all. They must not have a TV and have never heard of us.

No need to get an attitude, dude...I was just answering your response with a statement.

As far as not having emmisions testing; we don't have it here where I live. The northern part of the state does, but we don't. I prefer it this way since most of my older stuff is modified. I don't mean removal of emmisions equipment, but items such as headers and the such.

Maryland is known as "the East Coast California". Wonder why that is?