Ford February 2008 Sales

igor

Most actual assimilated Hispanic Americans I know get pissed abot the illegal immigration woes as well. :shades:

Yep me too. I'm from LA, and it's a terrible place now. Oh and btw when the US conquered California, there was less than 4,000 hispanics there. Same with Texas, which is why they invited Anglos there.

I hope things stabilize for the dealers. Seems like they've dealt with several straight years of declining sales. I hope they can survive this recession too.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully agree.

So does Mahindra.

"In 2009 Indian automaker Mahindra will begin selling a diesel pickup truck with a diesel hybrid version to follow the next year. The diesel version is expected to achieve 30-35 mpg while offering a 2,600 payload and 7.5-foot bed. Estimated price is $22,000."

mahindra_diesel_hybrid_pick_up_truck-731275.jpg

Most actual assimilated Hispanic Americans I know get pissed abot the illegal immigration woes as well. :shades:

My stance on illegal immigration over the last few years, is the reason I don't like the latin car names of the past. I don't want to assimilate to their culture, if they don't like it they can sneek back home! No more Fiests'a, Festiva's, Ranchero's Ect. ect.ect.

Yeah...never mind the fact that the February was the Malibu's 3rd full month of sales...and it is already right up there with what the Fusion regularly sells.

Wow, struck a nerve I guess. I was just pointing it out.

Someone needs to get back on their meds.... :P

Wow, struck a nerve I guess. I was just pointing it out.

Someone needs to get back on their meds.... :P

Hopefully the new 2.5 I4 will reach over 35 mpg in the Fusion/Milan and i hope Ford puts the 2.5 I4 in the Ranger for its last year to increase sales with a new 4 cyl that gets better MPG.

Hopefully the new 2.5 I4 will reach over 35 mpg in the Fusion/Milan and i hope Ford puts the 2.5 I4 in the Ranger for its last year to increase sales with a new 4 cyl that gets better MPG.

the 2.5l I4 will not propel Fusion to 35mpg - that is way out of whack estimate. However, I have it from a good source there will be a Fusion reaching the magical 4-0 highway and 3-0 city.

Igor

Ford needs to rethink killing off the ranger. Its sales are really coming up due to a crappy economy and high fuel prices. I just saw a new Ranger for 11K and it had AC on it to boot. That is a steal imo.

The Ranger isn't going anywhere. It may resurface with a new name, but the concept will still be the same: small pickup. There may just be a year between the Ranger dying and its replacement coming. There are a slew of safety updates the Ranger would require in the next couple of years in order to remain on the market (standard side airbags and RSC being two of them) that likely wouldn't be worth the investment. There is a replacement on the way though, we just don't quite know what it is yet.

My stance on illegal immigration over the last few years, is the reason I don't like the latin car names of the past. I don't want to assimilate to their culture, if they don't like it they can sneek back home! No more Fiests'a, Festiva's, Ranchero's Ect. ect.ect.

So you never go to Italian restaurants with Italian names? Chinese restaurants with Chinese names? Mexican restaurants with Mexican names? Come on....that's silly. Fiesta is a name, nothing more, and one that has been used worldwide for decades.

The Ranger isn't going anywhere. It may resurface with a new name, but the concept will still be the same: small pickup. There may just be a year between the Ranger dying and its replacement coming. There are a slew of safety updates the Ranger would require in the next couple of years in order to remain on the market (standard side airbags and RSC being two of them) that likely wouldn't be worth the investment. There is a replacement on the way though, we just don't quite know what it is yet.

I really hope you are right about that. These high gas prices have me down bad. I pray that Ford can put a diesel in the next one that is affordable. Prices of everything are getting out of control it seems and I hope Ford can see their way to build a new ranger. It would be a shame to let it die right now because I think they can clean the competitions clock given the high fuel prices.

Mr Furious get over it, it's Fiesta forever.

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_dis...m?release=27822

Ford are gonna have a party with huge Fiesta sales forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7dONn9cNo

Ummm, are you sure about that? I think you are, but... my buddies 72 Camaro could not get registered because it could not pass smog. But that was years ago. Is it like a rolling 30 year mark or something? Or could you be wrong? Just wondering.

Peace and Blessings

Its been this way since ive owned my Cougar. That's been almost 10 years now. You used to have to smog them, but i think 96 or so they enacted the law for 72 and earlier were exempt, then it was a rolling 30 year exemption, then they froze it at 1975.

Its been this way since ive owned my Cougar. That's been almost 10 years now. You used to have to smog them, but i think 96 or so they enacted the law for 72 and earlier were exempt, then it was a rolling 30 year exemption, then they froze it at 1975.

Like the number of cars 30 years or older on the road will make a difference in air quality. I fail to understand the reasoning on suspending the rolling exemption. Of the few cars that are 25-30 years old that still run, very very very few of them are driven more than a couple times a month. A couple of cows on the dairy farms out there probably create more emissions in a year.

It's not like the rolling exemption caused people to seek out old cars just so they could save a few dollars a year on emissions testing.

Hahah! That's hilarious! An American company with maybe one Hispanic employee outside Hermosillo sells a car designed in Europe and given Spanish name, and you somehow equate it with illegal immigration from Latin America in the US?

Well, racists and bigots aren't known for their feats of logic....

Hahah! That's hilarious! An American company with maybe one Hispanic employee outside Hermosillo sells a car designed in Europe and given Spanish name, and you somehow equate it with illegal immigration from Latin America in the US?

Well, racists and bigots aren't known for their feats of logic....

:hysterical:

Funny the knuckle dragging, 10 year old P71 driving, real men blame Cali liberals for all the car biz problems. But hero GW bush said, and look this up, "Detroit has to learn how to compete". And gun loving Cheny will get richer as oil goes to $150 a barrel.

So blame the nuts, but all the SUV guzzlers that people of all political persusions drive is the problem.

Back on topic, Ford Fusion outsold Chrysler 300 again, the car that Ford was 'supposed to build'!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:...it is 7 years old...and they don't call it the "Left Coast" for nothing. :hysterical:

i need a new redwood deck alongside the pool id love to chainsaw one of those big redoak trees...give you a better view of the mountains

Well, A nutjob judge in Commiefornia just ruled that a couple had to remove 2 Redwood trees from their yard, because they blocked the sunlight from hitting their neighbors solar panels. Never mind the fact that the trees were planted first...before the whining neighbor installed his solar panels.

Wait a minute, I AM one of the cheerleaders here!

But your making sense now...

Hmmm...all-new Mustang interior in 12 months or so. Seems they are doing just as you ask. :finger:

There's the typical, "Just wait until the new __________ comes out...that'll show you!", response from Ford. God forbid they make it right the first time.

There's the typical, "Just wait until the new __________ comes out...that'll show you!", response from Ford. God forbid they make it right the first time.

Yes, because everyone besides you thinks that the Mustang was done so poorly :rolleyes:

Edited by suv_guy_19

Yep me too. I'm from LA, and it's a terrible place now. Oh and btw when the US conquered California, there was less than 4,000 hispanics there. Same with Texas, which is why they invited Anglos there.

I hope things stabilize for the dealers. Seems like they've dealt with several straight years of declining sales. I hope they can survive this recession too.

[/quote

just be glad it (ranger) is filling a niche nicely right now...it has to go..its looks ancient..like a 1954 nash in 2008...i firmly believe the f100 or the new bronco is going to please everyone and be a damn fine small truck....fingers crossed...free detroit

Edited by snooter