Fusion / Milan Overtake Camry and Accord In Quality

range

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong all automakers use the same unit of measure TGW per 100 units built to determine initial quality. Ford also tracks other companies reporting, therefore your arguement is bunk! What we need to do is continue the coarse and maintain the lead while the other products are brought to the same level. Also Ford coporate needs to watch parts fatigue so that material quality adjustments can be made to ensure long term reliability! Your just pissed that we are reclaining the thrown in the qual;ity arena. I generally try to avoid bashing other domestics but look at our two counterparts. One of them is # one in volume in the world and they have not made thye improvement by % that we have. And what of Chysler rather than pound away on quality, they have increased warranty coverage to offset the costs to their customers! We are all in the same position, but we obviously more motivated to increase our value to our customers! We don't have to outsell our competition, but rather sell the highest % we can at retail price and do it profitably, while increasing quality!

Ford announcing what Ford found is dog bites man. Announcing that an independent group had found these results is man bites dog.

Ford announcing what Ford found is dog bites man. Announcing that an independent group had found these results is man bites dog.

YOU MEAN LIKE JD POWER??????????

http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/06/autos/jdpa_quality/index.htm

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/06/ford-do...ial-quality-st/

http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/06/06/jdpa_quality/index.html

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-0...d-quality_N.htm

http://www.motortrend.com/features/newswire/91/29146/

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=121113

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7061401291.html

Don't bother reading through all that. I'll give you the gist:

Last summer's JD Power IQS reports tally quite closely to what Ford's commissioned study shows.

Of course, you weren't paying attention back then, were you?

I'm too stupid to have noticed the multiple references to this study having the same results as JP Power so Richard had to remind me by posting multiple links to the information. Of course, it doesn't matter because I'm dumber than a pile of bricks and will continue to spout the same useless bullshit over and over again.

Fixed. :hysterical:

Come on quality is good but not all good, sales is what matters and the Camry and Accord are kicking fords/GM's ass..... thats all that matters.

Currently, the Camcords are both selling at about 2 to 1 to the Fusion, give or take. However, in late 2008 and certainly into 2009 that ratio will most likely be reduced. I'm basing this on the fact that the Fusion is getting a rather substantial update that will address most of the minor criticisms that some on this board seem fixated with and if the pictures that have been released on BON and other mediums are accurate it is going to be quite the attractive ride IMO. This update is coming at just about the time that many of the early adopters of Fusion will be looking to trade-in. Since the quality on their current Fusion has been stellar and the upcoming model appears to raise the Fusion above the competition in style and other attributes, I expect alot of happy owners to trade into the redesigned Fusion. Not to mention others that may by that time stumble upon the fact that Ford is beating the imports on the quality front. In short, each update of the Fusion will make incremental gains into the lead that these two over-rated and over-priced, relative to the Fusion, models have had on the Fusion.

I will even go as far to predict that by March 09, the Fusion will be hitting the 18-20K mark consistently. With many of those additional sales coming from the Camcords and at that point in time I'm not sure Chrysler will even be competing in the mid-size segment so the Fusion may pick up some of the 500 retail sales a month that the Avenger and Sebring have been getting. Also the Malibu will be getting some of the Camcord volume as well. While it is hard to imagine that the Camcords will drop dramatically due to the blind loyalty their customer base is known for, it is very likely that the Fusion will be growing at a much faster rate than either of them. Perhaps at the end of 2009 the ratio will be down to 1.6 to 1. Definite progress that will be built upon once the next update moves the Fusion to the global-platform.

Of course, at 20K a month you start to have capacity constraints at Hermosillo when you figure the 90K Milan and MKZ and the 15K in SA that they should easily be selling as well at that time. Easily resolved by reducing the Fusion to 10% fleet or less. This will allow Ford to fill govt. and business fleets with the Taurus and provide that plant with much needed volume. Although by reducing Chicago to one shift and the possible hit in the MKS that they may have on their hands may tap that plant's one-shift capacity as well.

IMO this is all very realistic barring some issue like an engine sludge problem or someting similar to that popping up in the next few months. I doubt that the Fusion or any other domestic would be able to recover from such an embarrassing problem as well as those trouble-free imports can.

Bitter party of 1 your table is now ready....

LOL!........side note for some bleaters....BMW Irvines first M coupe came in....list 70k plus....asking 20k over, probably settle @ 10k......not sure that is viable in todays market but hey, I remember Ford dealers getting flamed for addendums on the GT500.....

LOL!........side note for some bleaters....BMW Irvines first M coupe came in....list 70k plus....asking 20k over, probably settle @ 100k......not sure that is viable in todays market but hey, I remember Ford dealers getting flamed for addendums on the GT500.....

fixed

LOL!........side note for some bleaters....BMW Irvines first M coupe came in....list 70k plus....asking 20k over, probably settle @ 10k......not sure that is viable in todays market but hey, I remember Ford dealers getting flamed for addendums on the GT500.....

Oh so they have one eh? I can not STAND that dealership, I know quite a few people that have dealt with a few members of their snooty and unfriendly sales staff. When the thought briefly crossed my mind to get a 3, I went directly to Crevier.

To ramble a little further......I noticed BMW is offering cloth as a build it yourself option on the M3 Sedan (vs. being special order). I really want one, but I'm going to have to hold out for a few years and let all that absurd 'me first' demand die down (which is the norm for Orange County).

NO-ONE in their right mind would doubt the P's dependabilty...absolutely AMAZING....has to be a reason Police municipalities and Taxi companys hold the vehicle in such high esteem....would be interesting to track down the highest mileage example.....I had on ecompany that used Aerostars as personal transportation vehicles ...and he drove them till 800-900 k then SOLD them.....amazing!

In case you did not see it Here is the LINK to a 1,000,000 mile Ford E-Series expediting van built at my plant!

No. At Chéz Grouch we don't cotton to whiners. You'll drink what we bring you, and you'll like it!

:hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto