Fusion / Milan Overtake Camry and Accord In Quality

range

An American car assembled in Mexico is more American then a Japanese car assembled in the USA

I said it too! Call me an idiot if you wish, but I have done the homework and it is true. The whole process is very complicated but simply put: The final assembly of a car is a mere fraction of the total value from engineering to production to distribution over the life of the product.

If the CD3 are off a Mazda6 platform... Where do you think the "engineering for the CD3s came from? :shades: It came from Japan.... Not that there is anything wrong with that....lol

How does the Mazda6 quality compares with the CD3s? The Mazda 6 is made here in the U.S.A. and the CD3s are made in Mexico. Humm.... I wonder which product helps U.S.A families the most?

Do you know what the "American contents %" are on the CD3s compared to the Accord and Camry? You will be surprised.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Where do you think the "engineering for the CD3s came from? :shades: It came from Japan.... Not that there is anything wrong with that....lol

How does the Mazda6 quality compares with the CD3s? The Mazda 6 is made here in the U.S.A. and the CD3s are made in Mexico. Humm.... I wonder which product helps U.S.A families the most?

Do you know what the "American contents %" are on the CD3s compared to the Accord and Camry? You will be surprised.

Oh, this all just seems too confusing. It's times like this that I reflect back to the words of wisdom from our esteemed leader for comfort:

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

And, as we all (I think) realize that what the real Job 1 is. . . is to overcome perception by the consumer, with full realization that that cannot happen overnight . . . and I would like to reassure everyone (esp Ford execs) again, to look to Geo W for guidance on these matters, as:

"The future will be better tomorrow."

and,

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

I suppose too that one could interpolate George's wisdom to apply to what's happening to car sales right now (because of the current economic situation) from

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls"

to

"Lower car sales is an indication that fewer people are buying cars <right now>"

If the CD3 are off a Mazda6 platform... Where do you think the "engineering for the CD3s came from? :shades: It came from Japan.... Not that there is anything wrong with that....lol

I can't tell you exactly where all the engineering was down for the CD3 nor can I can tell you how the Mazda6 compares to the Fusion/Milan/MKZ as far as quality goes, because I just don't know. IMHO, I believe buying either the US assembled Mazda6 or the Mexico assembled Fusion/Milan/MKZ would do MUCH more for American families then buying either the Camry or the Accord, regardless of where they are assembled.

See my earlier posts concerning the so-called "American Content %" BS, what a joke.

Given that Mazda is pretty much controlled by Ford and that Ford has better engineering experance that assisted Mazda with the CD3, do you really think that it JUST came from Japan?

I could not help but notice the Crown Vic came up with perfect results in the 2008 JD Power survey Richard

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/Ford/Crown-Vi...08/Sedan/safety

You can't help but think the Crown Vic helped push the Ford brand ratings up the quality charts as well with it's good results.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings/depen...egory/large-car

Well.......no wonder Ford won't make an effort to sell them! After all, apparently the only way to kill one is to crash it and then to top it off you actually walk away from the wreck! Damn.....we don't want them coming back to buy another one! Whew! Good thing no one can buy it! Way to dodge that bullet Ford! :doh:

Edited by Armada Master

rolleyes2.gif

In 1997?

Was that a pilot program?

---

The van was a 1997 E-250 numb nuts.

Million Mile Van

We've been installing the 6.0 as an option since I have been building Econolines they still use them today! unless Ford miss labels their travel tickets! You don't know sh-t! The 6.4 is the new diesel and we haven't built one yet! I don't know what they used in 97'!

Edited by Furious1Auto

We've been installing the 6.0 as an option since I have been building Econolines they still use them today! unless Ford miss labels their travel tickets! You don't know sh-t! The 6.4 is the new diesel and we haven't built on yet! I don't know what they used in 97'!

It was a 7.3 in 97.

Try again, cause you seem to keep falling on your face.

I'm sure if it were made in Michigan somewhere you'd probably be having a love fest with one.

It could be made in my plant, and I would still think it was an ugly, uncompetitive, mediocre car. Sales numbers prove me right.

We've been installing the 6.0 as an option since I have been building Econolines they still use them today! unless Ford miss labels their travel tickets! You don't know sh-t! The 6.4 is the new diesel and we haven't built one yet! I don't know what they used in 97'!

Gee...lets think about that one...what diesel did Ford use in the E-series in 1997? Boy thats a hard one...could it be the 7.3? :idea:

You, sir, are the one who does not know shit.

Gee...lets think about that one...what diesel did Ford use in the E-series in 1997? Boy thats a hard one...could it be the 7.3? :idea:

You, sir, are the one who does not know shit.

I must have misread your post I thought you were implying that we never used 6.0's. You can crack if you like, but at least I don't drive a TAXI!

In Europe the Ford Fusion was Fords star turn in the J D Power Survey it was the highest placed Ford it came in at No47. It's a shame the Fusion production will be end soon as it shares the old Fiesta's platform so it's days are numbered.

1057740480.jpg

FORD%20FUSION.JPG

Anybody recognize the car to the right of the Fusion? It's so ugly I need to know what it is!

I had an MKZ in the shop for 2 weeks with tranny problems so you won't convince me that the Fusion/Milan are quality products (admittedly this is anecdotal nonsense). And there is a HUGE difference in quality rankings and perceived quality and the Fusion/Milan/MKZ are extremely low on the later. Perceived quality being the tactile and visual quality of a car. The Fusion still has far to go to look and feel like the competition.

Anybody recognize the car to the right of the Fusion? It's so ugly I need to know what it is!

I had an MKZ in the shop for 2 weeks with tranny problems so you won't convince me that the Fusion/Milan are quality products (admittedly this is anecdotal nonsense). And there is a HUGE difference in quality rankings and perceived quality and the Fusion/Milan/MKZ are extremely low on the later. Perceived quality being the tactile and visual quality of a car. The Fusion still has far to go to look and feel like the competition.

Borg, quit pretending your opinion is fact. I don't see what you see wrong wrong with the feel of the Fusion. Styling I guess could use a bit of work inside, but the reality is that most people that test it buy it and it has a pretty good conquest rate.