2012 Cadillac DT7

wescoent

Whaddup wescoent? Just figured I'd add that I've read in several places that the XLR won't be making a return appearance after 2010 either...

A link I posted a while back mentioned the XLR will be redesigned for 09. (see next post's quote)

Edited by rmc523

I've heard the same. Apparently, in traditional GM fashion, since sales didn't meet expectations, it will be axed.

For MY2009, the XLR gets an upgrade, with new front sheetmetal (including a cool vender vent), a new interior, and will be sold in V and Platinum trim only. Its last year of production will be MY2011, unless sales pick up.

It HAD a replacement ready to go, but it got cancelled at the last second due to poor sales. Cadillac management are now looking to build a production Cien to replace it, and compete with the Audi R8.

Scratch that above reply.

You mentioned a "similarly-sized S-Class competitor, what would be the point of offering two 'similarly-sized' large sedans....isn't that the problem they're 'fixing' now, replacing 2 similarly sized sedans with one?

And isn't the CTS already pretty close to 5-series and E-class size?

Also, I assume a new model will slot in below CTS to fill the space vacated by it in it's next redesign?

Cadillac DT7 will be priced about $42,000-$60,000 fully loaded. Cadillac's ULS (S-Class competitor) is starting at 85k+. The ULS is basically a production Cadillac Sixteen with a new engine, and very loosely based on Zeta.

Fullsized, RWD, V8 Fleetwood......chop chop. :shades:

Scratch the V8 and BOF, and you're on the right track.

Such nice cars they were, in a couch sort of way. I always felt like I was in some kind of old gentleman's hunting lodge inside those cars.

Cadillac DT7 will be priced about $42,000-$60,000 fully loaded. Cadillac's ULS (S-Class competitor) is starting at 85k+. The ULS is basically a production Cadillac Sixteen with a new engine, and very loosely based on Zeta.

I see......that's still a pretty substantial price gap, IMO. (60-85K)

Edited by rmc523

....and failed with their first attempt....GTO. And don't give me the "it wasn't the right name for that car or right car for that name" argument, it was still a failure.

I didn't mention any specifics as to "success' and everyone has different goals as to how they define "success".. I just said they took the idea and ran. My point was the idea, the epiphany...not the execution or outcome.

I didn't mention any specifics as to "success' and everyone has different goals as to how they define "success".. I just said they took the idea and ran. My point was the idea, the epiphany...not the execution or outcome.

I figured that, otherwise you would have continued with the comment.

The GTO was a failure, there's no doubt of that. For whatever reason or reasons it failed, doesn't matter it failed. So to did the 500. I don't care how many 500's they sold Nick. I don't care if they sold more 500's then Pontiac sold GTO's or Santa Claus delivered toy cars. They both failed, miserably and in proud fashion. Which only prooves that Ford can make mistakes, just like everyone else. They also make some good decisions. The Toyota Paseo failed. The Honda Prelude ultimately failed too. So what. Instead of worrying about what everyone else did wrong, why don't you guys develop a little more positive outlook and focus on what Ford is doing right. Or you can just be the anti-P71 around here and be just as irrelavent as he is.

Edited by BlackHorse

The new G8 should go a long way towards erasing that blunder, particularly if they give the whole line a go,

sedan, ute and coupe (Coupe 60 concept). The Coupe could quite easily be built alongside the Camaro at Oshawa.

Holden and Pontiac have learned their lesson, you watch this thing take off once people drive it!!!

Usually GM does it better, the second time around....Catera-CTS, Original Rebadged Yukon/Escalade-Next Generation, GTP-G8...

We can't say the same for Toyota though...which takes them usuallly 3 times..Tundra (and even then, it's questionable), Previa-Sienna, etc.

Usually GM does it better, the second time around....Catera-CTS, Original Rebadged Yukon/Escalade-Next Generation, GTP-G8...

We can't say the same for Toyota though...which takes them usuallly 3 times..Tundra (and even then, it's questionable), Previa-Sienna, etc.

As far as 2nd time with Escalade....by sales, yes, it was much better, but by being different from it's siblings, I still don't think it was there, at least on the inside....but the new one is. The old one featured the same interior as a Chevy or GMC, with some minor changes.