New Ford Product found during Google Search

donzuchowski

Here is an article I found about a new Ford product....

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,785872,00.html

With what purported to be bona fide information, Detroit newspapers last week described the new motor car to be produced by the Ford Motor Co. as having for standard equipment a self-starter, five wire wheels, speedometer, windshield wiper, gasoline gauge, oil gauge, dash light, Houdaille shock absorbers and four-wheel brakes; 34-h.p. engine; gearshift transmission; 104-inch wheel base; selling-price from $450 for the touring model, to $490 for the Fordor sedan and coupé.

Rumor Discounted. Edsel Ford promptly declared: "No statement as to the details of the new cars has been made by the Ford Motor Co. As a matter of actual fact, the specifications for the new models are not yet complete and it would be impossible for anyone, even in the Ford organization, to discuss them with accuracy and with authority."

Rumored Name. One rumor has the new Ford model named "Edison," after Thomas Alva Edison, one of Henry Ford's few close friends.

:blink:

July 4th, 1927? Pretty cool that Time has their archives online from that long ago.

it seems like it's becoming more and more common... SI has access to all their archives online (they may be owned by Time which would explain it). I think the NY Times also does it, at least re-publishing the occassional archived article.

Since we're talking about Model A's and T's, I thought I'd throw this out there:

Today at a rest stop on the Florida Turnpike, there was a guy in his F-150 towing a Model T that looked just like this one:

26ford_t_coupe.jpg

I've seen one before, but I was just amazed that this vehicle had been around for over 100 years. It made me proud to be a Ford fan.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...