April rebate announcements?

jabby

Can anyone tell me when the April 2008 rebates and incentives will be announced? Is it on April 1st (that's what I'm assuming), or is it released a day or 2 before that?

Thanks!

I'm not sure, but I'm serving my self-appointed position of BOF Welcomer.......Welcome to BOF, jabby.

My guess would be a few days before April.

Edited by rmc523

I'm not sure, but I'm serving my self-appointed position of BOF Welcomer.......Welcome to BOF, jabby.

My guess would be a few days before April.

No, it's a few days after. Our dealer friends on this board probably will tell you that last day of a month, in this case last day of a quarter, is always the busiest. They sure would not want to lose this powerful tool that they can use to pressure buyer. You know, "If you don't buy it today, you may lose that $4000 rebate! For all we know, Ford may not offer this rebate any more after this program ends today."

All automakers, FORD included, understand this. They normally will announce new incentives the day after the old one expires, or a day or two later.

No, it's a few days after. Our dealer friends on this board probably will tell you that last day of a month, in this case last day of a quarter, is always the busiest. They sure would not want to lose this powerful tool that they can use to pressure buyer. You know, "If you don't buy it today, you may lose that $4000 rebate! For all we know, Ford may not offer this rebate any more after this program ends today."

All automakers, FORD included, understand this. They normally will announce new incentives the day after the old one expires, or a day or two later.

program change...3/31......

I see, that does make sense from Ford's point of view.

very true. have i mentioned i hate the last the day of the month.

i think it works the other way as well. people know the salesman wants to pad their sales figures. the customer figures they will be more likely to get a good deal at the end of the month

very true. have i mentioned i hate the last the day of the month.

i think it works the other way as well. people know the salesman wants to pad their sales figures. the customer figures they will be more likely to get a good deal at the end of the month

That's true, too. I had a friend who bought a car on one of those end-of-program day several months ago. His dealer was "nice" enough to write up a purchase contract in that evening, dated as such. But they did not sign it, nor did my friend take delivery. Their "plan" was if the new incentive is more than the old one, they will discard that piece of paper and redo the deal. If not, they will sign and submit it as is, then claim it was too late to finish the paper work the previous night. The incentive turned out to be the same, btw.

That's true, too. I had a friend who bought a car on one of those end-of-program day several months ago. His dealer was "nice" enough to write up a purchase contract in that evening, dated as such. But they did not sign it, nor did my friend take delivery. Their "plan" was if the new incentive is more than the old one, they will discard that piece of paper and redo the deal. If not, they will sign and submit it as is, then claim it was too late to finish the paper work the previous night. The incentive turned out to be the same, btw.

depends if Ford demands ALL sales be put in exactly end of month, if a program gets better and the origional sale is cancelled then re-dated....BIG RED FLAGS and potential charge-backs....

depends if Ford demands ALL sales be put in exactly end of month, if a program gets better and the origional sale is cancelled then re-dated....BIG RED FLAGS and potential charge-backs....

I don't know the details but I think the original sale was NOT SUBMITTED (put in the computer). It was written on a paper contract only, without signature. I do agree that it does depend on how the system is set up. If Ford system is strict with matching incentive deadline with "in the system" sales time, it may not work. Since the incentive did not change, this case did not prove, nor disprove if this kind arrangement works.

Well the incentives barely changed around here, one thing that I found was interesting is that instead of something bewing 1.9%, they made it 1.99%

Thats pretty greasy.

That's to make you think you're getting a deal in comparison to 2%. Sort of like why they post gas prices as something like $3.26 9/10. Why doesn't the cost show up as $3.269 rather than $3.27 if you only put in one gallon?

Anyway, for the original poster, the updated incentives are on www.fordvehicles.com website.