FIESTA RS

Edstock

now a fiesta RS that can outperform a Cooper RS...bodes well for a Focus RS don't you think...bar in small vehicles is about to get raised....

Like I said, I could see a hi-po Focus returning before we see a hi-po Fiesta. The price ceiling on the mainstream C-segment is quite a bit higher than it is on the mainsteam B-segment.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I agree that it will definitely do well in its segment, but I think that will be more a result of perceived value as opposed to it being perceived as any sort of "upscale" vehicle, which is what I think drives Mini sales to a large extent. Because it will be a value-driven proposition more than an image-driven proposition, I feel that the ceiling on its pricing will be limited moreso than the Mini.

not sure...reason I bought mine was nothing even came close for the same money...and the Fiesta RS could emulate that down to a tee..........at the time my S was 23K though......

Edited by Deanh

Fiesta RS, Focus ST & Mini Cooper are not in the same league as the Focus RS which is probably one of the best cars in the world.

like I have been saying...build a well styled competitor that outperforms and undercuts by 4-5k, and they WILL come....

not when the Cooper now can sticker at $33,000............

And you get back to where I was before. The Fiesta will be a value proposition. There's not much "value" in a Ford B-car that approaches $30,000, regardless of its performance. The Ford brand simply doesn't have the cachet in the US market to pull that off.

If that could be accomplished at a profit, by all means, bring it on. Would be tough in the US though.

To assure profitability, Why can't Ford "import" a few of them here for sale, in the guise of a special limited edition, akin to all the silly flavor-du-jour Mustangs out there?

If they made say 1,000 or even just 500 available at whatever price point is necessary to make a profit, marketed in such fashion, they shouldn't have any problem selling them. Based on customer response, they could then tweak the package to make greater numbers available (without devaluing the original edition) if warranted.

Exchange rates excepted (which is why I put the word "import" in quotes; just ship the parts over and build them here), there's no reason not to TRY. They just might be pleasantly surprised, like they have been with take rates on AWD and SYNC.

To assure profitability, Why can't Ford "import" a few of them here for sale, in the guise of a special limited edition, akin to all the silly flavor-du-jour Mustangs out there?

If they made say 1,000 or even just 500 available at whatever price point is necessary to make a profit, marketed in such fashion, they shouldn't have any problem selling them. Based on customer response, they could then tweak the package to make greater numbers available (without devaluing the original edition) if warranted.

Exchange rates excepted (which is why I put the word "import" in quotes; just ship the parts over and build them here), there's no reason not to TRY. They just might be pleasantly surprised, like they have been with take rates on AWD and SYNC.

Could possibly work. Ford would probably ask itself though "is it worth the risk right now?" They still have more important issues to deal with.

And you get back to where I was before. The Fiesta will be a value proposition. There's not much "value" in a Ford B-car that approaches $30,000, regardless of its performance. The Ford brand simply doesn't have the cachet in the US market to pull that off.

like I said...max 25k....throw in AWD and you have a true segment buster....next up a Focii around 30 with ANOTHER leap in performance....hell, know I'm dreaming but an SVT model in each segment would rock...

like I said...max 25k....throw in AWD and you have a true segment buster....next up a Focii around 30 with ANOTHER leap in performance....hell, know I'm dreaming but an SVT model in each segment would rock...

I would LOVE to see it happen too. I crave performance as much as the next guy. I'm just trying not to set myself up for disappointment I guess. :lol:

not really. I love the Focus RS, but a Cooperworks MINI would destroy it.

Whenever l watch a rally most end up about 10 days behind everything else they are a bit of a laughing stock a bit like you. When was the last time a Mini won major WRC? You are a joke keep taking the tablets they are not working at the moment.

Whenever l watch a rally most end up about 10 days behind everything else they are a bit of a laughing stock a bit like you. When was the last time a Mini won major WRC? You are a joke keep taking the tablets they are not working at the moment.

on loose surfaces AWD negates ANY advantage ANY 2wd vehicle may have , irrespective of manufacturer....

The Focus ST hatch is basically now available as a Volvo here. They could easily do the same thing with the Fiesta RS, if in fact the Ford name doesn't have the cachet necessary to price it appropriately here. Or, drastically, maybe since folks will now be spending real money on small cars (BMW, Cooper, Nissan, Toyo, Mercedes), just maybe Ford should decide not to be last to the party this time with a terrific, if pricey entree.

Most mfg's figured out at least 1-2 decades ago you build loyalty with high quality small cars, which sometimes aren't the cheapest thing in their class. Just sayin'...

AFAIK, the RS Fiesta is FWD, but, at 200 hp, considering its small size, FWD-only is OK. However, Ford should offer an AWD option, or make the parts available for order through the Ford dealer.

For some it will be too small and expensive. For others, the smile of performance and economy will make its cost good value, even in the high 20's.

The Focus ST hatch is basically now available as a Volvo here. They could easily do the same thing with the Fiesta RS, if in fact the Ford name doesn't have the cachet necessary to price it appropriately here. Or, drastically, maybe since folks will now be spending real money on small cars (BMW, Cooper, Nissan, Toyo, Mercedes), just maybe Ford should decide not to be last to the party this time with a terrific, if pricey entree.

Most mfg's figured out at least 1-2 decades ago you build loyalty with high quality small cars, which sometimes aren't the cheapest thing in their class. Just sayin'...

agreed....but I do wonder if mini could possibly be shooting itself in the foot with a true compact car that stickers so high....hell, if i spec my same car out it stickers for 4500 more than it did in 03!!!!!! Toyota did the same thing w Scion and their sales plummeted....do i need to mention Isuzu?

What this a poor excuse to hide the fact that Minis are SHIT. Focus RS WRC Champions what no Mini LOL

galleria_finland2007f.jpg

hey ease up...its my daily, and I LOVE it, so far 60k...no problems barring excessive service costs for routine maintenence ( $160 oil change!!!!! )

AFAIK, the RS Fiesta is FWD, but, at 200 hp, considering its small size, FWD-only is OK. However, Ford should offer an AWD option, or make the parts available for order through the Ford dealer.

For some it will be too small and expensive. For others, the smile of performance and economy will make its cost good value, even in the high 20's.

And hopefully the aftermarket would latch on like they have with the Cooper...check out Minimadness.com.....one can get to 265hp in the S ( supercharged not the newer turbo )....who said something about the JCW????????? Kiss my Borla! ( Miltek in my case )