Production pics?

Turbo77

Going to be ordering an '08 F-150 FX4 SCrew this coming Weds., and I was wondering if any FoMoCo employee had ever received a request to have a trucks pic taken during any stage of production (prefferably rolling off the line)? I think that'd make an awesome wallpaper for my PC.

Also, where exactly are the F-150's built? Seems like a stupid question, and I'm too tired/lazy to look it up right now. :reading:

Edited by Turbo77

I know the F-150 is made somewhere in Missouris I think...but far more important is what I do know. The F-150 is made in Dearborn Michigan at the Rouge River Plant, the pride and joy of Industrial America! I went on the factory tour last year and came away very impressed with the facility. Take heart that it looked to me like the men and women who might build your truck looked proud to be doing so. Kudos to all of you at rouge and all Ford plants around the world. you guys make some of the best cars in the world and dont stop now.

I took a tour of the Dearborn facility January of last year, and it is an amazing place I have never seen so many F-150's in one place. I would love to have seen more of the plant however the tour only went through the final assembly. Good luck with the picture, they would not let me take my camera inside.

I took a tour of the Dearborn facility January of last year, and it is an amazing place I have never seen so many F-150's in one place. I would love to have seen more of the plant however the tour only went through the final assembly. Good luck with the picture, they would not let me take my camera inside.

Anyone who risks there job by taking a pic inside the plant, and posts it is a fool!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Anyone who risks there job by taking a pic inside the plant, and posts it is a fool!

I in no way want anyone to jeopardize their employment. I was just curious as to whether or not it is possible. If not, I'll just have to dream about my truck making it's way through the process.

My wife thinks I'm obsessing a lil much... she just doesn't get it. LoL. :shades:

I in no way want anyone to jeopardize their employment. I was just curious as to whether or not it is possible. If not, I'll just have to dream about my truck making it's way through the process.

My wife thinks I'm obsessing a lil much... she just doesn't get it. LoL. :shades:

It good to see you feel this way. It's funny the first time I walked through a Ford facility as a new hire it was overwhelming to grasp all of the prcesses taking place simultaniously.

If you ever get the chance tour and autoplant. Everything from the process flow to the tooling is amazing. And to think that it is possible for men to think up such things. I mean most people are enamered by the finished product, but what it takes to build it is even more amazing.

The machines, stock delivery, assebly, and testing. If you ever get the chance you will see what I mean, I guess I just don't think about it much anymore since I live in the enviroment now.

It good to see you feel this way. It's funny the first time I walked through a Ford facility as a new hire it was overwhelming to grasp all of the prcesses taking place simultaniously.

If you ever get the chance tour and autoplant. Everything from the process flow to the tooling is amazing. And to think that it is possible for men to think up such things. I mean most people are enamered by the finished product, but what it takes to build it is even more amazing.

The machines, stock delivery, assebly, and testing. If you ever get the chance you will see what I mean, I guess I just don't think about it much anymore since I live in the enviroment now.

I'm a manufacturing engineer, so I love seeing the whole process from conception thru to the final out-the-door product. Even if at times it's a lil :banghead: !

I know the F-150 is made somewhere in Missouris I think...but far more important is what I do know. The F-150 is made in Dearborn Michigan at the Rouge River Plant, the pride and joy of Industrial America! I went on the factory tour last year and came away very impressed with the facility. Take heart that it looked to me like the men and women who might build your truck looked proud to be doing so. Kudos to all of you at rouge and all Ford plants around the world. you guys make some of the best cars in the world and dont stop now.

The two places I know for sure the F-150 is made at are:

Dearborn Truck Plant (aka Rouge Plant)

and

Kansas City, Missouri (my dad's was built there)

I took a tour of the Rouge Plant last year, and I too was very impressed....and they would not allow cameras.

Explorers, Mountaineers and Aviators use to be built at the hazelwood plant in Missouri but about the same time the Aviator was cut from production, the plant closed down about 3-4 years ago. There have been talks that ford will reopen the plant but not was confirmed, i guess our local news channels just say that to get us hyped up about Ford returning to the hazelwood plant, which i hope some day they will.

• 2 weeks later...
Going to be ordering an '08 F-150 FX4 SCrew this coming Weds., and I was wondering if any FoMoCo employee had ever received a request to have a trucks pic taken during any stage of production (prefferably rolling off the line)? I think that'd make an awesome wallpaper for my PC.

Also, where exactly are the F-150's built? Seems like a stupid question, and I'm too tired/lazy to look it up right now. :reading:

it might be built in kansas since it fx4 but i know i see fx4's at dearborn but might only be s/c"s i know thought mine was going to be built in dearborn but they are not making the 08 60 year anniversary truck there.. enjoy your truck;

I still have to go on the Rouge tour, I drive past the plant at least once a month, but I just haven't made it inside. Maybe I'll wait until the 09s are in production..

My F-150 was built at Michigan Truck, btw., although it had stopped making the F-150 before this generation came out.

Kansas City, Missouri since the early 1970's, We build all 3 cabs, and the only one to build the Reg. cab and Flairside box......

Now roughly how long after the order is placed does production actually begin? It was 2 weeks yesterday since my order was placed... and I'm too antsy for my own good.

Keep an eye out for an FX4 SCrew 4wd w/5.5 bed and all the options (minus remote start and sunroof). That'll be my baby. :shades: I know you all will build her just like every other... Ford Tough!

Now roughly how long after the order is placed does production actually begin? It was 2 weeks yesterday since my order was placed... and I'm too antsy for my own good.

Keep an eye out for an FX4 SCrew 4wd w/5.5 bed and all the options (minus remote start and sunroof). That'll be my baby. :shades: I know you all will build her just like every other... Ford Tough!

That will look like 200 other trucks we build that day. We will build it right....

I'm a manufacturing engineer, so I love seeing the whole process from conception thru to the final out-the-door product. Even if at times it's a lil :banghead: !

A little headbang ! You must have an amazingly high pain threshold !

I was in Product Engineering, far away from manufacturing, and launching any new vehicle always was painful !

Now that I think of it, the Fusiom/Milan/Zephyr launch was probably, the smoothest, most painless launch I observed in my 31 years.

A little headbang ! You must have an amazingly high pain threshold !

Yes, I do. I rarely get frustrated or stressed at work. Although, I do have a few habits/hobbies which allow me to relieve tension, frustration and anger with a single push of a button or pull of a trigger! :shades:

• 4 weeks later...