Escape vs CRV March Sales

range

Considering that Honda isn't dumping the Pilot into fleets, there is more competition in this segment every year, it is in the final months before a complete redo, and the market is turning against larger vehicles, I'd say that a 29 percent decline isn't too bad.

The Pilot is hardly what I would consider a "larger vehicle". This segment is still growing rapidly. 29% is a huge decline no matter how you slice it and dice it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not by most people's definition. The new hybrid Civic can not power itself via electric power alone like the Escape and Prius can.

Honda pretends its a full hybrid because it can decelerate with electric power and shut off the engine.

It can not accelerate or power itself from a stop, or run at a constant speed on electric power.

The latest generation of the Hybrid Civic permits deactivation of all four cylinders during deceleration and constant cruising. It can cruise only on electric power.

The latest generation of the Hybrid Civic permits deactivation of all four cylinders during deceleration and constant cruising. It can cruise only on electric power.

Sorry but the Civic system is nothing compared to the Prius and FEH. The Civic can not accelerate on electric power, it can not idle around parking lots on electric, it can not move in stop and go traffic in electric mode and it can not maintain a constant cruise except for a limited condition that most drivers would never experience (a flat or downhill surface when the battery is at maximum charge, and only at speeds between 15-20 mph).

Perhaps you should actually drive a Prius and Civic back to back and witness the difference.

And speaking of lagging the marketplace in technology, where are those 6 speed automatics from Honda?

Edited by range

Sorry but the Civic system is nothing compared to the Prius and FEH. The Civic can not accelerate on electric power, it can not idle around parking lots on electric, it can not move in stop and go traffic in electric mode and it can not maintain a constant cruise except for a limited condition that most drivers would never experience (a flat or downhill surface when the battery is at maximum charge, and only at speeds between 15-20 mph).

Perhaps you should actually drive a Prius and Civic back to back and witness the difference.

And speaking of lagging the marketplace in technology, where are those 6 speed automatics from Honda?

That's not what you said. You specifically said that the Civic cannot cruise on electric power alone. This is incorrect.

As for "where are the six-speed automatics from Honda" - considering that GM is still offering four-speeds for many important entries, I'd say that Honda relying on five-speed automatics is hardly a competitive handicap.

Lexus has eight -peed automatics...should we ask where Lincoln's eight-speed automatics are, considering that both are supposed to be luxury cars?

That's not what you said. You specifically said that the Civic cannot cruise on electric power alone. This is incorrect.

As for "where are the six-speed automatics from Honda" - considering that GM is still offering four-speeds for many important entries, I'd say that Honda relying on five-speed automatics is hardly a competitive handicap.

Lexus has eight -peed automatics...should we ask where Lincoln's eight-speed automatics are, considering that both are supposed to be luxury cars?

Wrong again, even Honda does not claim what you suggest. Do you really not understand how hybrids work or are you just doing your normal defense of Honda, ignoring the facts?

Perhaps you should go drive one and compare it to a Prius and you will see how wrong you are. I know you do most of your test drives by only sitting in a stationary car at an auto show, but you should really be more inquisitive. You may learn something.

For your info, GM does indeed make 6 speed autos.

Does Honda any 6 speed autos?

To assist you, the answer is NO.

Edited by range

don't forget to add all the different colors too!

Blue + Red + White + Black + Grey +

Yea, you're right pcsario, the new Escape is a total failure!!! LOL

Your prediction from last year just more and more laughable.

It must be fun to live in a land of denial.

Ha ha ha!

Thank You!!!

Ford should just make a Limited and XLT. Then PC would not be able to count one of the X's for the CR-v.

Escape is doing awesome. I think it looks great. Just need a better v6 and auto.

Peace and Blessings.

Boy....I hope no one peed in my transmission eight times.... :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Does Honda any 6 speed autos?

Are you saying Honda does not make a 6 spd transmission? Wait. I think I read that somewhere before.

Oh. Thats right. Like 8 times thus far in your other posts in this one thread.

OK. Honda DOES NOT make a 6 spd transmission.

Does everyone understand this? Or do you want Range to post again how Honda does not make a 6 spd transmission. Because Honda, in fact, does not make a 6 spd transmission.

So, any of you out there that thought Honda makes a 6 spd transmission for something. They in fact do not. Does not make a 6 spd transmission that is. I mean, Honda does not. Does not make a 6 spd transmission.

;)

Peace and Blessings

Are you saying Honda does not make a 6 spd transmission? Wait. I think I read that somewhere before.

Oh. Thats right. Like 8 times thus far in your other posts in this one thread.

OK. Honda DOES NOT make a 6 spd transmission.

Does everyone understand this? Or do you want Range to post again how Honda does not make a 6 spd transmission. Because Honda, in fact, does not make a 6 spd transmission.

So, any of you out there that thought Honda makes a 6 spd transmission for something. They in fact do not. Does not make a 6 spd transmission that is. I mean, Honda does not. Does not make a 6 spd transmission.

;)

Peace and Blessings

And...who cares?

8-speed is fancy and all that, but the benefits of that many forward gears is pretty insignificant. Gains in economy and performance decrease exponentially with each added gear. There's a reason most automakers have peaked at 6 forward gears.

My brother has commented about the 7-speed autos going into certain BMW's now as being nothing more than a gimmick just to advertise something the competition doesn't have.

My brother has commented about the 7-speed autos going into certain BMW's now as being nothing more than a gimmick just to advertise something the competition doesn't have.

I imagine it also has something to do with the fact that 7 is the number currently used by MB too lol.