2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you really want to get on my bad side with that statement! :P

Actually, I completely forgot you have a D50(?) until you posted that...

WHen I worked at Circuit City, a co-worker and I would always go back and fourth on Canon versus Nikon. I was always right of course, but he tried...:P

Edge... are nothing more than fascias, the body on all are derivative and irrelevant elements in the design.

That's hogwash and YOU KNOW IT.

Fusion body, Taurus body, completely irrelevant to and unrelated to the grille.

However you can trace two circles around the Edge using elements embedded in that grille, and you, of all people should know that. However, your disdain for chrome and creased novelty is blinding you to what was done right on the Edge. And the Flex.

Most big companies still use XP Pro they are waiting to see if Windows 7 which is to be released soon will be any better, gamers hate Vista most have had most of their games they love made redundant by Vista most have gone back to XP just get their games back again.

A lot of Hardware got made redundant, a constant downloads were need to fix problems with both software and hardware with Vista. XP was one of the best for backwards compatibility, the nightmare will begin again soon Windows 7 coming to a place near you to make all your Vista friendly hardware & software redundant again so you will need to dig deep into your pockets again :hysterical:

I play a game called Test Drive Unlimited. It might be that ATI has optimized their drivers for Vista, but Test Drive Unlimited runs faster on Vista than it does on XP. So much for it sucking as a gaming platform.

Vista's problems are hugely overrated from what I have seen. I have had no problems finding drivers or software that is compatible. Most of the compatability issues are backwards compatability issues when running very old hardware, which begs the question, why did you buy Vista without buying a new computer? Vista isn't meant for your 500 Mhz P II.

Sorry, but the appearance of the desktop doesn't matter.

It is called symbolic linking and a decent desktop search engine (something Windows still lacks compared to finder).

Artificial hierarchies aren't needed.

Such a load of crap. Windows has had an indexed search engine since Windows XP. It is off by default because XP was optimized for performance. Vista has it turned on by default because so many people ignored the fact that you COULD turn it on if you wanted to.

Nikon captures true RGBA encoding which works with Adobe Photoshop. That was the primary reason, and of course the camera body was far superior at that price level at the time :P. I'm not a fan of the D40 and now D60 bodies however, I'm getting the D200 or D300 sometime this year but the Canon is up for reconsideration. I will probably stay Nikon, the inability of Canon images to work well with photoshop is like no AWD on the old CTS, it's a deal breaker.

Edited by BORG

2008 Many businesses still aren’t rushing to buy Vista.

http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2008/01/24/bu...shing-to-vista/

I can't say l have ever seen such a big backlash on a Operating Systems like Vistas getting at the moment, it's the not Mac users. It's 100,000s of XP fans

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

Bring back XP sign up vent your anger

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/01/15/...petition_1.html

Dell responds to customer feedback bring back and offers XP. Dell has decided to bring back Windows XP as an option for home users its not Mac fanboys asking for it back again.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070...windows-xp.html

More sensationalist drivel. Businesses aren't switching to Vista because there is no BUSINESS REASON to do it. Businesses tend to stay away from cutting edge stuff for a simple reason: It is generally buggy and not well known. Businesses aren't going to switch to a new product if it doesn't lower costs and raise productivity in some manner. Vista doesn't. Vista is basically a photoshopped XP. It doesn't have a ton more speed built into it, and it isn't anymore user friendly.

Nonetheless, most of the issues that people have been bitching about with Vista are largely overblown. Vista isn't the nightmare of an operating system that ME was, and it really isn't WORSE than XP either. (Although XP is better in some respects because it is a lot leaner ... but Vista has some areas where it is better - like prefetching your programs automatically.) It's just a different environment.

Edited by SVT_MAN

The only thing distinctive about Ford design IS the grille. It has to be that way because Ford is forcing the sharing of bodies with Lincoln/Mercury so therefore they are fundamentally interchangeable and generic. The Fusion, Edge, Taurus, etc... are nothing more than fascias, the body on all are derivative and irrelevant elements in the design. This Taurus on the other hand has substantially more design all over its body than the outgoing Dave products. It's also a design that does a substantially better job at controlling the vehicles bloated proportions. The only thing dull here is the grille which is extremely unfortunate, but the product overall is more distinctive from more angles. The advantage among the European Fords is that they make a design statement all over the car, not just the fascias.

I agree about the Edge and Taurus. The Edge looks like every mid-sized CUV on the road today...except for the grille. The Taurus is just a very bad example of the three bar grille...but that grille looks goofy on just about anything.

How come Edmunds' InsideLine still has the Taurus pic up on their website? Its on the main page too...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/...photopanel..1.*

Fall 2009? I thought they were going to start launching close after the reveal?

What the *BEEP*? I got a cease and desist order for having it on my web site, but Edmunds.com, which has literally millions of viewers everyday, can host it?

What the *BEEP*? I got a cease and desist order for having it on my web site, but Edmunds.com, which has literally millions of viewers everyday, can host it?

I don't understand it either, I mean they have it on the front page!!!! "Revealed" it says, almost like they have permission.

Careful Nick, that may become the new :redcard:

Well, I'll replace it eventually when it comes entirely obsolete. I'm only an amateur photographer and only really use it for snapshots and car shows. It's perfectly suitable for that considering the price I paid for it (bought it used from a neighbor).

At the same time, I'm looking for a nice little pocket camera that is just more convenient to carry around. The SLR takes some great shots, but they're a pain to lug around. Any suggestions?

I don't understand it either, I mean they have it on the front page!!!! "Revealed" it says, almost like they have permission.

All I can say is Ford legal better apologize to me if they decided to change their tune. I don't even care so much about them removing the picture, but let's just say I'm on less than good grounds with my university now .. :banghead:

Such a load of crap. Windows has had an indexed search engine since Windows XP. It is off by default because XP was optimized for performance. Vista has it turned on by default because so many people ignored the fact that you COULD turn it on if you wanted to.

XP's indexed search was much slower than finder. I run both operating systems, so I would know.

Anyways, you failed to refute my point about a messy desktop somehow being inefficient. It's not. Artificial hierarchies are antiquated and no longer necessary or particularly useful. Dynamic search is much more efficient.

XP's indexed search was much slower than finder. I run both operating systems, so I would know.

Anyways, you failed to refute my point about a messy desktop somehow being inefficient. It's not. Artificial hierarchies are antiquated and no longer necessary or particularly useful. Dynamic search is much more efficient.

I don't think a messy desktop is inefficient, I simply think it's ugly and unorganized. I use my desktop, but probably not like most people who drag-and-drop. I create short-cuts to directories on a server where I store my files in appropriate folders. For example, I create directories with my class names on the server and create shortcuts to those network drives on my desktop so I can access a class's files easily. While you might find that unncessarily "hierarchical," I find it to be organized and efficient. Having files strewn all over my desktop would be a NIGHTMARE.

It may very well be that XP is slower at indexed search than Finder. I have yet to compare them side-by-side. Vista's indexed search works beautifully, and I feel that it's easier to drill-down to what you want. Why is that? You can easily and intuitively select things by date, by size, by time, etc. You can sort by various types. I know that Finder has a drop-down on it that allows you to sort by numerous types of variables, but I don't find it particularly intuitive to have to click an arrow over and over and over just to add fields that I want to search by. Why not just show it?

It's like Apple was afraid to show MacOSX's inherent power ... why hide? The issue with Finder isn't in its power, its with its execution.

I wonder about this . . .

Did you check this out?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=125413#7

Edmunds says this is a RWD car that will take the 5.0 V-8 as well as the 3.5 V-6.

ford.falcon.det.4.kgp.500.jpg

Ed,

FoA says those two Falcons are in the USA for crash tests for Aussle production only.

The carrier company didn't read the memo about removing camoflage as model is fully revealed here in Australia.:)

Edited by jpd80

Well, I'll replace it eventually when it comes entirely obsolete. I'm only an amateur photographer and only really use it for snapshots and car shows. It's perfectly suitable for that considering the price I paid for it (bought it used from a neighbor).

At the same time, I'm looking for a nice little pocket camera that is just more convenient to carry around. The SLR takes some great shots, but they're a pain to lug around. Any suggestions?

ANYTHING that says Canon on it. Trust me, I sold cameras for three years. Check this site for GREAT reviews:

Canon SD1100 IS

Canon SD850 IS

Canon A720 IS

Canon SX100 IS

Still don't see how "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" will work. Ah well, what's done is done.

Nothing like dishing up a nice lukewarm serving of oatmeal in a family car package for those who gum their food and are afraid of new things. And who, therefore, won't buy it anyway.

WOW.....I agree 100%. That sounds like something I'd say about the 2005 Five Hundread or the 2008 Taurus. Is this "opposite" week for you Richard like P71 did last week? :do what: :drop: