Falcon/Cougar

I'm still not sure I like the nose. I really loved the Cougars you did on the Mustang platform with the '67-'70 look. The side view looks very nice.

I like this one too, especially the color and pin striping on the side.

The front makes me think of a Viper though.

Nice one man. Not digging the colour, but nice style. Slap the mercury emblem on there. I think a dark blue would look cool. :)

LOL I swear it looked better in photo shop!

Here's a more traditional approach....but I'd sort of covered this previously. I did add a light bar below (the waterfall grill would reflect natural light from the top)

post-19198-1209680247_thumb.jpg

Here's a more traditional approach....but I'd sort of covered this previously. I did add a light bar below (the waterfall grill would reflect natural light from the top)

I like it......I do think this type of vehicle may need exposed headlights as BlackManta said.....I think the hidden lights work better on a more retro approach, like your old Cougar chops (mustang based, a while back).

Here's a more traditional approach

That's starting to work really well. You have the C-pillar kick-up similar to the original Cougar, and now the front clip is reinforcing the Cougar "image". The chop would look alright without the hood scoop, like you might find on lower-powered base models.

As a suggestion, try to work it with LED non-hideaway headlights.

Edited by Edstock

I like the suggestion of a retro-Cougar front end with the twim waterfall grille. It would cetainly look like nothing else on the road. I like what you did with the thin strips of lights at the bottom of the grilles. Imagine they are a row of LED's that light up white but perhaps have amber LED's also included in the ends for the turn signals when flashing.

Much closer....Try Milan/Sable exposed headlight clusters and stick the mustache between them. Good work.

Exposed lights like the Milan/Sable would be very un-Cougar like. Either small dual round beams or lamps hidden behind grille panels would be better.

Exposed lights like the Milan/Sable would be very un-Cougar like. Either small dual round beams or lamps hidden behind grille panels would be better.

I agree with you there! The current Mercury arched headlights don't look right to me....I've tried it already.Here I adding the Acura style small lights.

post-19198-1209758149_thumb.jpg

Now that is fantastic. I love the '67 grille treatment. That is a Mercury worthy of the Cougar name. It's a car that could build some excitement back in to Mercury.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Still messing with it LOL.

This time with fixed current Mercury headlights, ditched the light bar (too many details going on).

For all you "it reminds me of....." I'll say it's a bit Prelude, some Avanti, even a little 74 Grand Am!

XR611wb10.jpg

Still messing with it LOL.

This time with fixed current Mercury headlights, ditched the light bar (too many details going on).

For all you "it reminds me of....." I'll say it's a bit Prelude, some Avanti, even a little 74 Grand Am!

XR611wb10.jpg

I'm not sure those lights really work on this design...no offense to you of course, it's a great chop, I just don't think they go with the rest of the vehicle.

I'm not sure those lights really work on this design...no offense to you of course, it's a great chop, I just don't think they go with the rest of the vehicle.

I still like it! But I had to redo a few things because the perspective was getting off.

Here's the original Falcon photo:

post-19198-1210378163_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1210378186_thumb.jpg

I still like it! But I had to redo a few things because the perspective was getting off.

Here's the original Falcon photo:

I think that's my favorite so far. I really like that one.

The perspective may be what was wrong with the "Mercury" headlights one.

And great job on all of them; it's hard to believe that they started as a Falcon.

• 3 weeks later...