A Smaller Fiesta

mlhm5

A small car is not a hard sell when gas is $5.00/gal or more, you don't really need to convince buyers

when they're given all the options (if not room) they find in larger Fords.

The competition is both cheap and fuel efficient. If you want to charge a little more you have to offer something more than just good fuel efficiency.

Remember. I am not saying that Ford can't make money on the Focus and Fiesta. I am just saying that if they want to sell something smaller than a Fiesta, they better do something special.

The competition is both cheap and fuel efficient. If you want to charge a little more you have to offer something more than just good fuel efficiency.

Remember. I am not saying that Ford can't make money on the Focus and Fiesta. I am just saying that if they want to sell something smaller than a Fiesta, they better do something special.

BMW's Classic styled Mini is increasing production not laying folk off as it struggles to keep with demand at the moment.

MINI USA reported a 39.4 percent increase in April sales.

http://www.autospies.com/news/BMW-Sales-Ri...ump-29-9-29302/

Fiat's Classic styled 500 is not sold in the US at the moment but they are also in a struggle to keep up with demand.

Fiat had originally planned to produce 120,000 units in 2008, the 500's first full year, but dealers received 160,000 orders.

http://www.egmcartech.com/category/fiat/

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

BMW's Classic styled Mini is increasing production not laying folk off as it struggles to keep with demand at the moment.

FIAT Classic styled 500 is not sold in the US at the moment but they are also in a struggle to keep up with demand.

Fiat had originally planned to produce 120,000 units in 2008, the 500's first full year, but dealers received 160,000 orders.

http://www.egmcartech.com/category/fiat/

I hope Fiat brings the 500 here and it flops miserably. Maybe then you'll stop talking about it. That car has a mug only a mother could love.

I hope Fiat brings the 500 here and it flops miserably. Maybe then you'll stop talking about it. That car has a mug only a mother could love.

you are underestimating the size of the Vespa crowd ;)

for people that like retro-euro the 500 is perfect.

For others it is ugly as sin sardine can.

Igor

Igor

Based on the popularity of the Smart ForTwo around here, I'm betting I'd see a similar number of Fiat 500's. Meaning....maybe one a month.

Igor

I think both the 500 and new Ka are great looking cars for the retro crowd. So was the Beetle. The Beetle was the perfect sized for a retro-economy car in the US. Isn't the 500 2 sizes smaller? Atleast a Smart is roomy for 2 people. How is the 500 size wise for the first 2 people?

Based on the popularity of the Smart ForTwo around here, I'm betting I'd see a similar number of Fiat 500's. Meaning....maybe one a month.

Take a look at the Smart. It has no back seat. The roof is a foot taller than most cars. That means it got lots of room for only 2 people. It is sold as a city car only. Being from Mercedes, it is easy to sell it as a city car, overprices to the rich.

I don't think people buy the Smart as cheap transportation. It is bought for the rich to make a fashion statement to their environmentalist friends. I don't think the 500/Ka compares.

Wow an extra 1400 units in a month...while I like Mini's they aren't even coming close to sales numbers of other B-sized or C-sized cars in the US.

Fiat's Classic styled 500 is not sold in the US at the moment but they are also in a struggle to keep up with demand.

most people in the US have no fucking clue as to what a Fiat 500 is...the last Fiat sold in the states died off 15-20 years ago...

Rumor was they were made from old CinZano signs. :)

From AutoExpress http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...a_is_ready.html

New Ford KA is ready!

car_photo_263148_25.jpg

car_photo_263145_25.jpg

There’s no official word yet, but Ford is also understood to be planning a hot ST performance flagship to replace the Sportka. This will be powered by the same 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine as the Fiat 500 Abarth. A chunky bodykit, flared wheelarches and fat 17-inch rims will separate the flagship from lesser models.

The Ka ST is likely to deliver at least 150bhp, will cover the 0-60mph sprint in less than eight seconds and have a top speed of 125mph – ensuring it joins the Abarth as one of the fastest cars in the class.

Edited by Edstock

Buddys girl freind had a Alpa Romeo Alfetta (sp?) ugly pile of :censored: . Just changing the oil was a pain, horizontal filter right next to th L.H. inner fender, large diameter and no room for a conventional filter wrench. :banghead:

friend had an Alfetta...was FANTASTIC when it could be kept running....multiple Webers were a PAIN...but man, did it sound and drive and handle gloriously.....