Lincoln Gets "Gale Changer"

ANTAUS

Phaeton did well in comparos. I think it even won one in C&D.

Where is it today?

And how's that Kia Amanti doing these days......

Didn't the Phaeton cost around 80k?

Sales isn't what I'm pointing out anyway, the Backstreet boys sold a hell of a lot of albums.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how that entire article manages to mention the Town Car all of once:

"We should be able to recapture some of the business we lost when the Continental went away."

That was in 2002. Since then, Lincoln has been making do with rebadged Fords.

"It's really the first new Lincoln since the LS in 1998," said analyst Erich Merkle of IRN Inc. in Grand Rapids. "When you look at the Lincolns they have today and what this car represents, there's no question it's a game-changer."

Guess all those 2002 Conti and LS sales kept Lincoln afloat all this time, eh?

Ford is even changing the way it markets this Lincoln.

Um no:

Ford is even go to bother trying to market this Lincoln.

Fixed.

Lincoln gets 'game-changer'

Um no:

Lincoln gets 'Lexus ripoff'

Fixed.

Edited by Armada Master

I guess it'll depend on what it is the consumer is looking for. If they are looking for a good bang for the buck and not care for brand image, then maybe the Genesis would work for them. but if they are embarassed by the brand, then they'll just shy away and not care if it has a RWD/V8, at any price. I do think most passenger car consumers will care that there's some luxury label when they are spending upwards of $35K. Ironically, for years they had no problems buying $30-60K "Fords", F-150's, Expy's, Explorer', etc. YET when it comes to passenger cars, they like the label.

It's an uncertain time now in the automotive industry so maybe the V8 Genesis might scare some consumers away, but I myself am in the belief that if you HAVE to ask, then you can't afford it. So anyone looking at a car north of $35K, shouldnt be too concerned about FE.

Phaeton did well in comparos. I think it even won one in C&D.

Where is it today?

That would be the upcoming A8 then...

AFWIW, How many of H groups 500 000 units used to be Fords share? I'm guessing about a third... :hysterical:

Why is it so hard for some of you to understand why the domestics took such a bath on all that lost share?

THEY DID IT TO THEMSELVES!!!!

You can scoff, but if I was one of the many many people Ford has laid off, I would probably wander over to a product line that grew up pretty much in the time it took to loose my job. And probably be a bit surprised at the fact that it was darn good value.

Heck, I can even imagine a former salaried worker at Ford who wanted a car, seeing as how they lost their job and all, purchasing the car with better pricing and perceived value that all those other people thought of as if not better, a cheaper equivelant.

Why can't you?

So let me get this straight... the Genesis sucks for the same reasons the MKS rules?

People shouldn't buy a Bimmer when they can get a cheaper car with the Lincoln Taurus.

Yet people shouldn't buy a Genesis when they can pay thousands more for a luxury car with credibility.

What gives? You people crack me up, so many double standards all the time.

That's the BON(er) way!!!

Why should people buy an MKS? Pretend your a dealer and a customer asks you what the MKS has over the Genesis?

Because there is a HUGE market for rebadged Fords.

Hyundai should have created a separate luxury brand. Simple as that.

ill agree with that as well. I dont see people popping $35k+ on a Hyundai! Is it a bad car? probably not. Its bland and i personally think the interior looks ugly and too late 1990s Lexus knockoff, but still im sure its a fine car.

Hard to push a vehicle of that price with THAT BADGE on it though. Thoughts and opinions of the MKS aside, at least most people still associate Lincoln as a luxury brand. If you went to the average person on the street they would associate it as such. Of course people here would go on about CD3s and D3s all day long when you mention Lincoln but lets face it, the average person out there doesnt know or give a rats ass.

Ask the average person about their perception of Hyundai on the other hand though, and im sure 'luxury isnt the first thing that comes to mind.

(all of the above is just my opinion. just a guy that has had 2 Hyundais in his immediate family, one was purchased new so i dont consider them bad cars at all. but they dont have luxury cache in the least)

Edited by Sixt9coug