Lincoln Gets "Gale Changer"

ANTAUS

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto

I had Mr. Fjelstad. He was a large bearded Korean War vet. His specialty (this was one of the few rooms with a carpeted floor and he wore moccasin type things) was sneaking up behind you and yelling when he caught you looking at your fingers.

wha...no Nuns with rulers to RAP across the knuckles? :hysterical:

Normally I'd fix that typo, but 'gale changer' is just too serendipitous... Especially since 'l' is a 'home row' key for the third finger and 'm' is a bottom row key for the middle finger, making 'gale' a bit of a Freudian slip too. Unless you hunt and peck.

Gale changer... hmm... "gale" = "strong wind."

A "strong wind of change" for Lincoln.

I like it. :)

I get to drive the Lincoln MKS on Friday :) Woohoo! I'll place my order then.

No smilie for jealousy! I really can't wait to see how and where it cross shops the CTS, a car I am now very familiar with in the new gen.

The big three trying to take back mid lux is going to require superior product and customer relationships(the dealers may be the make or break on this) to regain what they had.

The new Caddy is good, and looks to open new markets going forward. I hope the Lincoln can find its niche as well.

And, its damm pretty. :shades:

Edited by JETSOLVER

hahahahaha...thank goodness it wasn't "Gail" changer..............

"Gail" changer - a state-of-the-art new technology fitted on the Lincoln Town Car. No need for Gail to stop at the rest area to change her Depends® or Serenity® anymore; the Gail Changer can handle the job in about 60 seconds. Great for those long slow road trips.

"Gail" changer - a state-of-the-art new technology fitted on the Lincoln Town Car. No need for Gail to stop at the rest area to change her Depends® or Serenity® anymore; the Gail Changer can handle the job in about 60 seconds. Great for those long slow road trips.

my heads in the dunny....I was paralleling a Sex change operation..... :hysterical::hysterical:

That's better than towing the porta-potty behind you!!

:hysterical:

No smilie for jealousy! I really can't wait to see how and where it cross shops the CTS, a car I am now very familiar with in the new gen.

The big three trying to take back mid lux is going to require superior product and customer relationships(the dealers may be the make or break on this) to regain what they had.

The new Caddy is good, and looks to open new markets going forward. I hope the Lincoln can find its niche as well.

And, its damm pretty. :shades:

Admittedly it's not CTS sexy, but it's a different sort of car. The MKS will be panned by critics, I have no doubt it's not their cup of tea. I'm not entirely sure it's the right car for me so I'm hoping to find a black one that looks hotter than the red one I've seen (I HATE HATE HATE red). I really would like to see the MKZ evolve into something closer to the LS. The MKZ size is a bit more my speed in terms of sedans, but it's not a refined product by a long stretch, unlike the MKS.

Admittedly it's not CTS sexy, but it's a different sort of car. The MKS will be panned by critics, I have no doubt it's not their cup of tea. I'm not entirely sure it's the right car for me so I'm hoping to find a black one that looks hotter than the red one I've seen (I HATE HATE HATE red). I really would like to see the MKZ evolve into something closer to the LS. The MKZ size is a bit more my speed in terms of sedans, but it's not a refined product by a long stretch, unlike the MKS.

The MKS does not compete with the CTS, it competes with the Lacrosse and the ES 350.

The MKS does not compete with the CTS, it competes with the Lacrosse and the ES 350.

Uh don't you mean the MKZ?

Gotta love Lincoln's naming convention...even confuses Ford Fans ;)

Even though the MKS is a larger car in overall length then the CTS (they nearly have the same wheelbase), it will compete with the CTS by default because there is no other Lincoln product directly slotted against the CTS yet....MKR anyone?

Edited by silvrsvt

Uh don't you mean the MKZ?

Gotta love Lincoln's naming convention...even confuses Ford Fans ;)

Even though the MKS is a larger car in overall length then the CTS (they nearly have the same wheelbase), it will compete with the CTS by default because there is no other Lincoln product directly slotted against the CTS yet....MKR anyone?

I didn't confuse it this time, although I get confused between MKZ/MKX/MKS, from time to time, they should have stuck with actual names.

The MKS is a large FWD sedan, it competes with other large FWD luxury sedans, the CTS is in another league, and I hate to say it, but it's a incredible looking car. Lincoln doesn't have a CTS competitor, a 4 door MKR yes, MKS no..

it competes with other large FWD luxury sedans, the CTS is in another league

Uh, are we talking the "statistically irrelevant group of people who thrash their luxury cars" or are we talking the much larger group of people who buy based on price and reputation?

Because if we're talking about people who drive the wheels out from under their luxury cars, well, yeah, I guess you've got a point. The FWD MKS is more closely related to the ES and LUCERNE than the CTS.

But since most people drive their luxury cars to and from the jobs that pay for them, and to golf courses and the airport, etc., then you better believe the MKS squares up directly opposite the CTS and every other vehicle in that price range. Where it will sell based on its unique attributes vs. the competition.

The thing is... If you want a luxury car but you can't afford it...or maybe you're just cheap, whichever, you're not gonna to be buying a V8 at the current gas prices. Now if you don't care about the gas prices, I sersiously doubt you would want to drive a Hyundai.

Now accordingly to Edmunds, there's also another "game changer" that is entering the market...the Hyundai Genesis...

LINK-Edmunds.com

$38K for a DOHC 4.6L V8 and RWD....

Uh, are we talking the "statistically irrelevant group of people who thrash their luxury cars" or are we talking the much larger group of people who buy based on price and reputation?

Because if we're talking about people who drive the wheels out from under their luxury cars, well, yeah, I guess you've got a point. The FWD MKS is more closely related to the ES and LUCERNE than the CTS.

But since most people drive their luxury cars to and from the jobs that pay for them, and to golf courses and the airport, etc., then you better believe the MKS squares up directly opposite the CTS and every other vehicle in that price range. Where it will sell based on its unique attributes vs. the competition.

I guess this makes me statistically irrelevant.

As for the Hyundai... those are my thoughts as well. Hyundai Genesis sitting next to a $8,000 Elantra during the SALE SALE SALE week... not so good.

I guess this makes me statistically irrelevant.

As for the Hyundai... those are my thoughts as well. Hyundai Genesis sitting next to a $8,000 Elantra during the SALE SALE SALE week... not so good.

It's the Hyundai Phaeton everyone!!!!

And for the 'statistically irrelevant', the MKS AWD system will do 100% torque shifts in either direction. Granted only 273hp on tap for a 4400lb beastie means that acceleration will not be anything better than 'brisk', but the EB version coming out next year should be a spirited performer.

All that said, the selling points of the MKS are detailed on Ford's press release http://media.ford.com/products/presskit_di...&make_id=93

And most of them relate to creature comforts which is, IMO, a very smart reading of a sizable gap in the midpriced luxury field.

Richard, a crack whore can't afford a hyundai...Chickenhead taking $5 for round the world and back aint' gonna be cruising down the boulevard. A Crack Whole, on the other hand, is just a crack hoe stuck in a hole.

accordingly instead of according, whole instead of whore on a topic where gale was typed instead of game.

IT'S SPREADING!!!!