Lincoln Gets "Gale Changer"

ANTAUS

They renamed it "Lobo" because mexicans don't abbreviate numbers, "F150" as a nameplate just sounds silly in spanish. Imagine if you had to say "Efff--One--Hundred--and--Fifty" every time you wanted to talk about it.

You know, often I think you just make things up and don't actually do any research. There is an F-150 in Mexico, but its going away soon..

http://www.ford.com.mx/vehicles/homevehicle.asp?idModel=F15

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fleet vehicle which you won't find in any dealership.

I stand by what I said, the old, old truck (the one you linked to) was also called Lobo.

F150 as the nameplate for their bread and butter truck just never catched on.

Edited by pcsario

You know, often I think you just make things up and don't actually do any research. There is an F-150 in Mexico, but its going away soon..

http://www.ford.com.mx/vehicles/homevehicle.asp?idModel=F15

That's a fleet vehicle which you won't find in any dealership.

I stand by what I said, the old, old truck (the one you linked to) was also called Lobo.

F150 as the nameplate for their bread and butter truck just never catched on.

No, no...thats an F-100 prototype.

Now accordingly to Edmunds, there's also another "game changer" that is entering the market...the Hyundai Genesis...

LINK-Edmunds.com

$38K for a DOHC 4.6L V8 and RWD....

This is why the MKS is an overpriced joke, it's interior is horrible, and it gets worse mileage than the 375 horse RWD Hyundai, and it has a FWD 270 horse V6! So much for FWD cars getting superior mileage!

And it's not about which brand is better, you guys ask who would want a Hyundai? Well most people think Ford still sells pieces of shit cars, and they wouldn't set foot in a Ford dealer if their lives depended on it. What's important here is that Hyundai can build a drastically superior car for the same price as Lincoln who has been around for 100 years, that's pathetic, sad, and shameful.

Yea, Hyundai can build a better car then Lincoln, pretty sad..

This is why the MKS is an overpriced joke, it's interior is horrible, and it gets worse mileage than the 375 horse RWD Hyundai, and it has a FWD 270 horse V6! So much for FWD cars getting superior mileage!

Where have you seen the mileage number for the V8 Genesis? Fueleconomy.gov only has the V6 numbers (last time I checked).

No, It's his fault that gas is through the roof thus I cannot afford to own a G8 GT.

But what do you expect...he is in bed with big oil.

Yeah...like i said in in another thread....do you think there's a big dial on the desk in the oval office that lets the president set the price for a gallon of gasoline? Give me a freakin' break.

Yea, Hyundai can build a better car then Lincoln, pretty sad..

My wife owned a Hyundai and now she drives a Lincoln. When I asked her if she'd like to go back to the "drastically better" Hyundai.....well, let's just say the reply isn't exactly postable in a public forum.... :censored::hysterical:

So let me get this straight... the Genesis sucks for the same reasons the MKS rules?

People shouldn't buy a Bimmer when they can get a cheaper car with the Lincoln Taurus.

Yet people shouldn't buy a Genesis when they can pay thousands more for a luxury car with credibility.

What gives? You people crack me up, so many double standards all the time.

Under the hood you get your choice of a 4.6-liter V8 or 3.8-liter V6. The bigger lump corrals 375 horses when sipping premium, and 368 with regular gas. Torque numbers are 333 lb.-ft. and 324 with premium and regular, respectively. Those numbers put it in the mix of luxury offerings from Infiniti, BMW, and Mercedes, the Lexus GS460, along with the Chrysler 300C, and Pontiac G8, with slightly more horsepower than all but the E550, and slightly less torque than any of them.

Quick... is autoblog talking about the Lincoln Forenza or the car that's a terrible buy for 33k?

Edited by pcsario

So let me get this straight... the Genesis sucks for the same reasons the MKS rules?

People shouldn't buy a Bimmer when they can get a cheaper car with the Lincoln Taurus.

Yet people shouldn't buy a Genesis when they can pay thousands more for a luxury car with credibility.

You people crack me up.

Hyundai should have created a separate luxury brand. Simple as that.

Quick... is autoblog talking about the Lincoln Forenza or the car that's a terrible buy for 33k?

I don't know if it sucks or not. We just don't shop Hyundai anymore. Been there, done that, not going to do it again.

You're confused, which is par for the course, LOL.

The Hyundai has different "reasons", which is why it sucks. If it had the same "reasons" as the Lincoln, it might not "rule", but it wouldn't suck. :hysterical:

Make up your mind, is it a Forenza or a Taurus?

Make up your mind, is it a Forenza or a Taurus?

Taurenza!!!

As for the MKS...well...it's a Lincoln. A known quantity. Lincoln is a luxury brand. Despite a lack of appealing product until recently, people still perceived it as such. Hyundai? There's not a "luxury" bone in its body. That is the difference.

Where have you seen the mileage number for the V8 Genesis? Fueleconomy.gov only has the V6 numbers (last time I checked).

Edmunds quoted 17/25, since they drove the V8 I'm guessing that was what they gave numbers for.

Edit:

That is the V8 numbers! :eek5:

From the Autoblog article: Through the six-speed automatic transmission, your mileage will be 17/25 in the V8, and 18/27 in the V6.

Ouch.

So their 375 horse V8, driven through the rear wheels, gets better highway mileage then a 270 horse FWD V6 MKS, and the V6 gets even better mileage! so with the Hyundai you can have your cake and eat it too, powerful V8, RWD, and better FE. Why should people buy an MKS? Pretend your a dealer and a customer asks you what the MKS has over the Genesis?

Why do Fords get such shitty mileage? And why do people assume RWD = bad mileage as well?

Edited by Blueblood

My wife owned a Hyundai and now she drives a Lincoln. When I asked her if she'd like to go back to the "drastically better" Hyundai.....well, let's just say the reply isn't exactly postable in a public forum.... :censored::hysterical:

Well what Hyundai did she own? You can't compare an Accent to the Genesis.

Yup, and all the import loving fanatics will think so too, hopefully Ford can pull in enough sales between now and 2010 to keep things afloat.

Phaeton did well in comparos. I think it even won one in C&D.

Where is it today?

And how's that Kia Amanti doing these days......