Lincoln MKS TV Commercial

hbalek

But if you wanted to buy a crown vic you'd buy a town car. Give me a break. The MKS has a different powertrain, a different chassis, different suspension, no common sheetmetal, completely different interior and much more upscale features compared to the taurus. Its not a rebadge in any sense of the word, unlike the town car. Maybe you'd be one of the idiots that would buy into the idea that because the town car has a V8, nav system and leather for half the price of an S Class its a better deal. Thankfully, lincoln's town car rebadge era is ending.

You forgot to mention that the MKTaurus also looks like a Lexus....but carry on. :hysterical:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My how the mighty have fallen...lincoln.gifnonono2.gif

Yeah, nothin like the 230 HP V8 in Lincoln's flagship that will really get the blood flowing. That's the direction Lincoln should have headed with the rest of their lineup. Understated elegance is right. So understated it puts the driver to sleep.....or sends them to the grave as the average customer age may dictate....72 years old?? Seriously? And you want them to stay on that road? :lol:

You forgot to mention that the MKTaurus also looks like a Lexus....but carry on. :hysterical:

You and P71 don't like the way the MKS looks. Fine. Just don’t pretend it’s a rebadge when it plainly is not, especially after sanctimoniously championing one of the worst rebadges on the road.

Yeah, nothin like the 230 HP V8 in Lincoln's flagship that will really get the blood flowing. That's the direction Lincoln should have headed with the rest of their lineup. Understated elegance is right. So understated it puts the driver to sleep.....or sends them to the grave as the average customer age may dictate....72 years old?? Seriously? And you want them to stay on that road? :lol:

You know they're just going to say it's Ford's fault for not updating the panthers and then switch back to saying how great it is and how dumb ford is for killing it. 'It's the best car in the world except for all the areas where its not, it which case it is also Fords fault'. The trolls get to have their cake and eat it too.

It is embarrassing that Ford continued to build the panthers unchanged for so long for retail sale, but using two sides of an argument is fallacious

Edited by V8 Ford

You and P71 don't like the way the MKS looks. Fine. Just don’t pretend it’s a rebadge when it plainly is not, especially after sanctimoniously championing one of the worst rebadges on the road.

You know they're just going to say it's Ford's fault for not updating the panthers and then switch back to saying how great it is and how dumb ford is for killing it. 'It's the best car in the world except for all the areas where its not, it which case it is also Fords fault'. The trolls get to have their cake and eat it too.

It is embarrassing that Ford continued to build the panthers unchanged for so long for retail sale, but using two sides of an argument is fallacious

God Bless You! That is the most on point assessment to date :)

The last time the Town Car was the "essence" of Lincoln was in the 1980s. That was when people actually aspired to own one rather than it becoming the last major purchase before Chester and Mabel kick the bucket.

In my eyes, Lincoln's halo cars since then have been the Mark VIII and the LS. They were innovative, and they performed. They kept the clean lines that distinguished Lincoln in the past. MKS should keep that spirit on innovation going, no matter what some stubborn old coots have to say.

Landau roofs and whitewalls that still adorn Town Cars are NOT what makes a Lincoln, and it's laughable that anyone would consider such an ancient relic Lincoln's "flagship" while deriding the MKS as a Lincoln Taurus. The Panthers were great in their heyday, but they have long since passed the expiration date. It's time to get out of 1979.

Edited by mustang84isu

Honestly the MKTaurus on it's own isn't a BAD looking car, it just looks like something you walk into the Lexus dealership after with a funky front end.

Let's see, I have $40K-$50K to spend, and I am one of the weirdos out there looking for a large FWD luxury (arguably) car. So why am going to spend that money on a look-a-like cheap Lexus with a Lincoln badge that will most like depreciate almost as fast as a Town Car, when I can go buy an actual FWD Lexus with higher resale and actual Lexus badges on it? Hmmm....brainteaser...

You know they're just going to say it's Ford's fault for not updating the panthers and then switch back to saying how great it is and how dumb ford is for killing it. 'It's the best car in the world except for all the areas where its not, it which case it is also Fords fault'.

Yes it is Ford's fault.

Yes Ford is dumb for killing it.

No, it's not the best car in the world but it is the best built car in Ford's stable.

Not only is it embarrassing that Ford has built the Panthers so long unchanged, it is incompetent.

Waiting for one of those VW 'Oh Snap' animated gif's. :rolleyes:

Here I'll mix it up a little bit:

OhSnap.gif

The trolls get to have their cake and eat it too.

Got ice cream for that cake?

Edited by Armada Master

Gee...what kind of car does a person ride in when they have billions of dollars and can't be bothered with driving themselves around??? You say a Lincoln Taurus? No...wrong. Oh...that's right, it's a Lincoln Town Car.

I want Ford to kill the Panthers as much as you all do. Then there is absolutley ZERO reason to but the automotive appliances that Ford tries to peddle to poor, unsuspecting consumers.

Honestly the MKTaurus on it's own isn't a BAD looking car, it just looks like something you walk into the Lexus dealership after with a funky front end.

Let's see, I have $40K-$50K to spend, and I am one of the weirdos out there looking for a large FWD luxury (arguably) car. So why am going to spend that money on a look-a-like cheap Lexus with a Lincoln badge that will most like depreciate almost as fast as a Town Car, when I can go buy an actual FWD Lexus with higher resale and actual Lexus badges on it? Hmmm....brainteaser...

The new Lincolns aren't depreciating like the Town Car, I'm not expecting the MKS to buck the trend

Yes it is Ford's fault.

Yes Ford is dumb for killing it.

No, it's not the best car in the world but it is the best built car in Ford's stable.

Not only is it embarrassing that Ford has built the Panthers so long unchanged, it is incompetent.

The Sable beat the GM in the last JD power study. If you don't see the fallacy in slamming ford for building the panther as is now and at the same time compalining about Ford killing it and replacing it with a modern platform (D3 or GRWD) I'm not going to argue with you about it for 20 pages.

Back on topic, I've seen the TV ad several times now, and IMO its the best Ford ad seen in a while. The new MKS web site looks great too. Ford's doing a great job on showing off the cars looks and features.

The Sable beat the GM in the last JD power study. If you don't see the fallacy in slamming ford for building the panther as is now and at the same time compalining about Ford killing it and replacing it with a modern platform (D3 or GRWD) I'm not going to argue with you about it for 20 pages.

Big whoop. The 1991 Chevrolet Caprice was the 1991 Motor Trend Car of the Year. Wanna debate the rights or wrongs in that?

Show me some 200K-300K-400K mile D3 Sables and then maybe I'll add to the Armada Master power study.

Gee...what kind of car does a person ride in when they have billions of dollars and can't be bothered with driving themselves around??? You say a Lincoln Taurus? No...wrong. Oh...that's right, it's a Lincoln Town Car.

A few hundred thousand, maybe some millions? A Town Car.

Billions? A Maybach 62, Bentley Arnage, or Rolls Royce Phantom. A Town Car... "well, if it's all you got..."

Big whoop. The 1991 Chevrolet Caprice was the 1991 Motor Trend Car of the Year. Wanna debate the rights or wrongs in that?

Irrelevant. Seventeen years ago has nothing to do with a study recently released.

Show me some 200K-300K-400K mile D3 Sables and then maybe I'll add to the Armada Master power study.

You ask of too much by expecting to find a car not even a year old with that many miles on it. Why don't you just say "I'll never like the D3 Sable?" It saves time.