Autoblog: MKS First Drive

igor

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I don't like on the front is the cut line for the hood.

Yeah, straight across may have been a bit cleaner. The dimple in the center does sort of force your eyes toward the Lincoln logo though.

Edited by NickF1011

Yeah, straight across may have been a bit cleaner. The dimple in the center does sort of force your eyes toward the Lincoln logo though.

lots of nice little SUBTLE surface details....check out the rear end of the Silver car.........

lots of nice little SUBTLE surface details....check out the rear end of the Silver car.........

Hmm, don't really like it from the low angle they took the photo. No cars really look good from that angle though. Interesting crease on the top edge of the decklid though. Never really noticed that before.

That may be one of the best written reviews I have read in a long while. They wrote a lot of information about the mechanicals and such and didn't get to hung up on any one thing. I was surprised they did not talk more about the interior materials since they are an important story of the MKS. Still, all around a solid effort by Autoblog. And the good reviews begin to pile up!!!

Is it just me or is Peter Horbury one of the best and most concise car desingers in the world. First he reawakened Volvo styling and now he is doing an even better job at Lincoln and is doing lots of good work on Ford. Can't wait to see what's next!

Watching the video when Mr.Horbury puts his hand on the front grille you can see how massive the grille is, makes his hand look very tiny.

The little chrome tips on the exhaust need to be upgraded IMO they do not match the upscaleness of this vehicle. The tips look like the ones on the Focus.

The exterior side panels are much too bland, I do not care for this "clean" look as Mr.Horbury mentions in the video. Needs more detail to break up the very high belt-line appearance.

I do think this vehicle will bring some new shoppers into Lincoln showrooms.

What's to bash? The auxiliary gauges don't look too hot, but I like the speedo and tach. Interesting surface shapes beneath the dials.

It's not speaking any semblance of luxury to me Nick. It just looks like a black Edge dash.

Most well rounded review yet I suspect. Note to Ford marketing, NO MORE DARK INTERIORS for press cars!! The car looks so much bigger and better in the light interior its amazing. The dark interior in pics at least looks kind of generic.

And if there is a need to name the trim with a name, make sure its a name, not a letter acronym. You have even confused the faithful with your three letter business, the buyers of this car are liable to freak if they don't have a catchy name to throw at the family at the next wedding (where it just might be the car at the front of the parade?!).

They ruined Zephyr, so I'm not sure how to go about this, but with all the rest going alphanumeric and Ford following, I wonder if something along the lines of Audi's naming the trim packages? A little free snobbery goes along way in this class of car. (he he that's why I just say V when anyone asks whats next :devil: )

Ghia perhaps? Idea's?

Guess which vehicle this IP cluster is from (no fair peeking at the URL)

bmw_5series_528isedan_2008_dashboard_instrumentcluster_640x480.jpg

it is not about the main gauges - but the little plastic bump covering the bottom of the secondary gauges and the cheap looking cutout for the side indicators do look cheap because they show that what is in the back is a slab of plastic

the other thing making it cheap is Ford awfully outdated, and outdated looking DIC (driver information center) - it is at least 5 years behind competition for Ford, and a decade behind for Lincoln.