New 2010 Mustang convertible pictures

rmc523

I like it too. I dont know why they are bitching about the spoiler. it looks like alot of the aftermarket ducktail ones that they sell for the 05+ models anyway. It looks good. The lights are different as well, so im all for that. it would be better if they were LED's

Spoiler delete has always been an option for the 05+ models though. I personally always prefer the GTs without them, but some do look nice.

I also have fond memories of a Kenne Bell Cobra from around 97 or 98 that was available spoiler delete. That looked super clean and slick.

Edited by Sixt9coug

That looks a bit awkward, but I think it mostly has to do with the camo net and the huge gaps and misfit between the trunk and the tailights. I like the GT500 style spoiler and the thinner and longer middle brake light looks much better than the current one.

Edited by V8 Ford

Two things I noticed about those pictures.

1) No more keyhole in the trunk?

2) The taillights are reminding me of the ones off my old 79 Mustang (mine not pictured). I know the style is different, but the basic design is bringing that back to me. I'm starting to like them better now.

26087d1176006304-1979-mustang-new-rims-new-rear.jpg

Edited by Intrepidatious

I like it too. I dont know why they are bitching about the spoiler. it looks like alot of the aftermarket ducktail ones that they sell for the 05+ models anyway. It looks good. The lights are different as well, so im all for that. it would be better if they were LED's

They may very well be single led in reflector.

I was trying to figure out if they were LEDs. As SUV pointed out, given the design of what we can see, it would be a single LED/reflector combo if they are LED. I was trying to compare the design seen in those pictures to that of the Taurus and Taurus X design, but couldn't determing if they're LEDs.

Two things I noticed about those pictures.

1) No more keyhole in the trunk?

I too noticed that there isn't a keyhole, which is interesting, however, since many vehicles no longer have a keyhole, I don't find it to be that big of a deal. Maybe they're finally putting in a trunk release lever in the cabin?

I'm not too keen on the taillights and spoiler. But from what Ford has done with mid life refreshes on the Mustang, they almost always look better then the previous incarnation. I'm looking forward to this one.

I wouldnt say that, I personally think the 99-04 refresh was pretty hidious with the carry over roof from the 94-98 Models...New Edge styling (thank god thats gone! Only good looking car was the Focus and the Cougar when it was toned down a bit) with the coke bottle styling roof...not a good combo.

Only ones I can stomach from those years are the Limited and Spec editions

As an owner of an '05 GT, I must say, I'm getting a bit worried about the looks of the '10. The more I see, the more I"m starting to rub my chin (in a not so great way). The '05-'09 is such a perfect look for me, I have said from the beginning it will be a tough act to follow.

I'm sure the powertrain will be much nicer though. :banghead: