Ford Delaying '09 -150 Launch

jasonj80

[/b]

I have proof of that in my driveway. :banghead: My '05 F-350, 6.0L with a list of problems that span 2.5 pages.

In two-three years when I'm ready to trade trucks again, Ford had better get this issue solved or I'm going shopping somewhere else.

The new Navistar gets the worse MPG and still has problems. Not a comforting deal maker.

Ford will have the problem solved in a few years. They won't be using Navistar engines anymore. :lol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats good news for now...because his previous statements are...concerning: from business week MSNBC

When Mulally was reviewing the company's 2008 product line last September, for example, he was told that Ford loses close to $3,000 every time a customer buys a Focus compact, according to one executive. "Why haven't you figured out a way to make a profit?" he asked Executives explained that Ford needed the high sales volume to maintain the company's CAFE, or corporate average fuel economy, rating and that the plant that makes the car is a high-cost UAW factory in Michigan. "That's not what I asked," he shot back. "I want to know why no one figured out a way to build this car at a profit, whether it has to be built in Michigan or China or India, if that's what it takes." Nobody had a good answer.

Sounds like if he could find a quick and dirty way to build it with third world slave labor that is what he would do. Wonder how long it will take to build new plants in those countries?

At this point, I would think it'd take longer to construct a new plant than Ford has until they release the next Focus. I don't know though, with how quickly some buildings get built, who knows...

At this point, I would think it'd take longer to construct a new plant than Ford has until they release the next Focus. I don't know though, with how quickly some buildings get built, who knows...

They could've used Cuatitlan to build the Focus too.

I just realized the other day it will have a yearly capacity of 500,000 units.

Ford's Camacari plant in Brazil will also build the new Fiesta for SA, so there was plenty of capacity to build both.

They could've used Cuatitlan to build the Focus too.

I just realized the other day it will have a yearly capacity of 500,000 units.

Ford's Camacari plant in Brazil will also build the new Fiesta for SA, so there was plenty of capacity to build both.

Interesting. That's a lot of capacity. Was some time ago when we heard anything about other B-cars being launched for the US market. Ecosport anyone? Reflex??

I suppose I should explain my attacks.

I'm a F-150 owning Ford fan that does not want to see the '09 fail. Someone said Ford needs this to be a problem free launch, no shit, they cannot afford to damage their truck reputation. And lets face it they dont have the money to pay out to fix problems right now. Last weeks announcment was very alarming, it sounds like there could be other serious issues with this launch. But at least they are holding up to prevent known problems from reaching the customers...unlike Toyota who admitted they knowingly shipped defective Tundras to their customers to meet launch deadlines.

How do Toyota get away with dumping defective rubbish like the Tundra it just amazes me, Ford would not.

Ford F-Series is still the best selling vehicle in the States Jan-May at thats with a building & housing slump, economic downturn, & high fuel prices. If this is what happens when the on a massive downturn, how are Ford going cope with a pent up demand, when the oil price bubble bursts and the US economy picks-up?

• 2 weeks later...
Great post. June has been a disaster for me after a relatively decent 1st 5 mos of the year. I've taken huge hits against my used inventory but it is now closer to true "book" than any other dealer I know. Traffic has been very light the last 2 weeks. If this is the trend for the remainder of the summer we are all in trouble. If it is just a breather to "re-normalize" then I can live with that. I sure hope traffic comes back quickly. Used trucks/SUV's are so low right now it defies logic. An extra $10 to fill a tank should not devalue anything 20%. But that's whats happening right now. Emotion is trumping common sense.

Really. Just a few weeks ago you were calling people ignorant when they said things are bad. Why don't you make up your mind. Who'se the hopeless one now?