OAC News

otp

:kuko:

Word is that this will be built at STAP that is why all the buyouts were cancelled. They own over 500 acres there and pay farm taxes on most of it. Not a high rent area and pushing for new product.

With the clock winding down on its slow-selling minivans, a Ford Motor executive has finally confirmed that a production version of the Ford Fairlane concept car is planned for 2008, after months of rumors and reports. According to suppliers, Lincoln will also get a version of the new crossover. This news comes after The Detroit News cited "insiders" within the company last month who claimed the Fairlane had gotten the go-ahead. AutoWeek's source is a company executive who didn't want to be identified.

The new vehicle will replace the Monterey and Freestar minivans in the three-rows-of-seats market segment, but at this stage little else is known about the final form of the car. As we reported back in February, both the Ford and Lincoln models will be built at Ford's Oakville, Ontario plant.

As we reported earlier, the Ford production version of the concept car is unlikely to carry the Fairlane badge. No word on the hybrid version, also rumored in February, but with Ford backing off on its hybrid promises of late, that's not surprising.

:kuko:

Word is that this will be built at STAP that is why all the buyouts were cancelled. They own over 500 acres there and pay farm taxes on most of it. Not a high rent area and pushing for new product.

The real word is your wrong, Fairlane going to Oakville , thats pretty well official ...so wake-up and stop dreaming :finger:

The real word is your wrong, Fairlane going to Oakville , thats pretty well official ...so wake-up and stop dreaming :finger:

If the Edge sells very well, we may not have the capacity to build all of the Fairlanes as well. They may need to keep STAP as an overflow plant. Just wishful thinking.

Has there been official word of what OAC's official capacity will be when everything is completed?

Official I don't know but they are shooting for over 350,000 a year. Why else would they ask the union to open the contract AGAIN?

My call came this morning, report to Body 1 July 24th (Old Truck Plant at 10:30 am A - shift) asked for my coverall size and told me not to bring anything from the old Body Shop just myself! Was also told we would be working 8- 10 hours but expect 10!!!

Myself and the other 300 or so layed off brothers and sisters hope that there is not too many 10!!!! hour shifts in body or any other department.

I am glad to see that you edited your post and removed all those smiles.

Kinda depressing from where I am.

Myself and the other 300 or so layed off brothers and sisters hope that there is not too many 10!!!! hour shifts in body or any other department.

I am glad to see that you edited your post and removed all those smiles.

Kinda depressing from where I am.

I have no idea what you are talking about,, I had no smile faces in my post. I went back to correct a spelling mistake! I am sorry that you and the other 300 were affected but most of us had to go through a junior layoff at some point working at ford! I know someone personally that was in the first group and wish you all back soon! As for working overtime it WILL happen, so we can have a successful launch!!!

300 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW.

If the Edge sells very well, we may not have the capacity to build all of the Fairlanes as well. They may need to keep STAP as an overflow plant. Just wishful thinking.

Yes you keep wishing things that will never happen..STAP as an overflow plant ...are you mad ...let me help you with that ding :finger:

I have no idea what you are talking about,, I had no smile faces in my post. I went back to correct a spelling mistake! I am sorry that you and the other 300 were affected but most of us had to go through a junior layoff at some point working at ford! I know someone personally that was in the first group and wish you all back soon! As for working overtime it WILL happen, so we can have a successful launch!!!

300 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW.

I guess I am just in a foul mood today, I was talking to Scabby in Benefits today and he mentioned that "you guys" will probably not get called back until 2008. I had read your post earlier and it just galled that you were so excited (seemingly) about the 10 hours!!!! I guess that you were just excited about getting back to work for the launch.

My apologies for any slight

O and stop using so many F@$&ing exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding Brother : )

Edited by LetMeWork

I guess I am just in a foul mood today, I was talking to Scabby in Benefits today and he mentioned that "you guys" will probably not get called back until 2008. I had read your post earlier and it just galled that you were so excited (seemingly) about the 10 hours!!!! I guess that you were just excited about getting back to work for the launch.

My apologies for any slight

O and stop using so many F@$&ing exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding Brother : )

NO PROBLEM, it sounded like you were reading something that just wasn't there. Funny how you and I are talking about this now, my spouse and I were just saying that our family is going to go through quit an adjustment period because our kids have got used to me being home ALL THE TIME! It's great to have a job to go back to but it will be hard at home. As some of us that will be going back I would like to say that we have NOT FORGOT OUR JUNIOR BROTHERS, AND SISTERS ON LAYOFF!!! That deserved more than one exclamation point!!!

This isn't Oakville's policy.This is Ford Motor Co.policy all plants have to do this.How come if you look at the other plants forums here they all bitched about it for a few days you guys here are dragging this topic out for a month.To be honest I agree with it.Drive what ya build or at least don't bite the hand that feeds ya.

All plants don't have this. Ford St Thomas doesn't have this. There are others in the states as well.

yS

300 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW.

Currently we have 367 production workers on Layoff.

143 because of the closure of O.T.P.

69 on Dec. 31, 2005.

90 as of Feb. 17, 2006.

60 as of March 17, 2006.

5 as of March 24, 2006.

At this time there are no Skilled Trades on Layoff.

from 707 Website. http://www.local707caw.ca/workersonlayoff.pdf

Just thought I would get the numbers correct. Must have been rough to be one of the 5 on March 24, just when you think you made the cut ..... Wham!

It's funny you mention that your family is used to you being home all the time. We are going through the same thing. I have a three year old son and he is used to going with me everywhere now. Going to be tough for him when I go back to work. At Ford or elsewhere! Maybe he can get in as a TPT.

I'm sure that my wife will be glad to get rid of me!!!!

:blah:

Anyone know how the shutdown work is progressing @ OAC? Little bird told me things are SNAFU as in lines being setup backwards then having to be ripped out and redone? Any truth to these SNAFU’s and the "Big Cheese" tearing strips off people?

I was told by a few people, including my steward that A-shift is on lay-off the week of the 24th. The board said show up at noon, when I last saw it before shut down. Ford has failed to get in touch with me. Is A-shift off or not?

yes

I was told by a few people, including my steward that A-shift is on lay-off the week of the 24th. The board said show up at noon, when I last saw it before shut down. Ford has failed to get in touch with me. Is A-shift off or not?

Both shifts are on layoff the week of the 24th. Come back at noon on the 31st.

My now ex-foreman John Patterson is done at STAP and will be starting at OAK Monday morning training 50 new supervisors. He said that the remainder of Windsor hourly that are wishing to transfer to OAK will be starting up there very soon.

Anyway, enjoy John Patterson....he's a real winner. :D

yS!

:runaway: There won't be ANY Windsor hourly in Oakville until all the 380 people on layoff are recalled first. Then they are welcomed with open arms of course. :bandance:

He said B shift will start back up in September, is there truth to that? He also said that they're hoping that the product sells well enough to add on a 3rd shift....is there truth to that too? Would they actually work 3 shifts, or would they just work 2 shifts 10-hours??

yS

He said B shift will start back up in September, is there truth to that? He also said that they're hoping that the product sells well enough to add on a 3rd shift....is there truth to that too? Would they actually work 3 shifts, or would they just work 2 shifts 10-hours??

yS

They are going to run three shifts through out the system if they sell enough. If they sell some where upwords of 340,000 or so then that third shift goes to the weekend for production and the other two shifts are ten hours.

For now, only trim and chasis will run two shifts.

My now ex-foreman John Patterson is done at STAP and will be starting at OAK Monday morning training 50 new supervisors. He said that the remainder of Windsor hourly that are wishing to transfer to OAK will be starting up there very soon.

Anyway, enjoy John Patterson....he's a real winner. :D

yS!

..the remainder of Windsor hourly...???? That means that some Windsor hourly have transfered to Oakville?? What are you talking about youngSTAP?

There had sure as hell better NOT BE ANY Windsor hourly working at Oakville at this time. :finger:

..the remainder of Windsor hourly...???? That means that some Windsor hourly have transfered to Oakville?? What are you talking about youngSTAP?

There had sure as hell better NOT BE ANY Windsor hourly working at Oakville at this time. :finger:

Easy there LetmeWork. He is quoting a supervisor and we all know, they know less then us. Rest assured you have call back rights that supersede brother & sisters from other locals. Unfortunately I don’t think OAC will have room for to many displaced workers. If any at all? Heck our own plant population still isn’t out of the woods yet. But hey, I've been wrong before... ;-)