2011MY Line up

theoldwizard

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"C" is used for the coupes. C30 is really a 3-door, but it's closer to a coupe like the C70 than it is to being a wagon, in my opinion.

Well, then what happens when the C50 (the 5-door C30, I'm not sure on this C50 name) comes along, I guess that would still be considered a "coupe" then since it's based on the C30?

Hmmm, this is an annoying naming system, at least to me. I'm sure to some it makes more sense, though, than it does to me.

Any chatter about a Fusion wagon in the next few years?

I have no need for an CUV or SUV, but would like the added ability to haul gear for the family in a plain old station wagon.

I haven't read anything about a Fusion wagon, although it may not be a horrible idea.

hi Richard,

I am not a ford insider, just a Ford fan from Europe.

I think you won't find a fusion station wagon soon. Why ? because Ford is busy merging FORD NA and FORD EU products.

Next year, Ford will revamp the 2 last cars specific to NA (taurus and fusion) and then, all will be global products !

I think I you want a fusion station wagon, you may have to wait for the next generation in 2012 (merge between the US Fusion and the EU Mondeo).

That's just my guess! Ford won't invest now a specific US product now !

hi Richard,

I think you won't find a fusion station wagon soon. Why ? because Ford is busy merging FORD NA and FORD EU products.

Next year, Ford will revamp the 2 last cars specific to NA (taurus and fusion) and then, all will be global products !

I think I you want a fusion station wagon, you may have to wait for the next generation in 2012 (merge between the US Fusion and the EU Mondeo).

I think I do agree with you noub. Along with the fact that historically (or at least in recent history) wagons have not sold all that well, I don't see Ford having a Fusion wagon ready, at least at the point in time. That said, however, with gas prices the way they are, I would not be surprised to see some switching over to wagons rather than SUVs or even crossovers.

I think I do agree with you noub. Along with the fact that historically (or at least in recent history) wagons have not sold all that well, I don't see Ford having a Fusion wagon ready, at least at the point in time. That said, however, with gas prices the way they are, I would not be surprised to see some switching over to wagons rather than SUVs or even crossovers.

Ford's Econetic Stationwagon that returns up to 78 MPG should start to sell like hotcakes now, "Rest of the World Only" as you don't do diesel cars.

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-costs....D=53723&U=0

Shame because when cheap algae diesel comes on line in the future your law won't permit you to use it in cars, but at least your big pick-ups, ships and aircraft will fill up with cheap algae fuel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pAM2kpxY0E...feature=related

Algae powered cars

http://motortorque.askaprice.com/news/auto...-power-cars.asp

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

hi Richard,

If there is a market for a product here that won't fly elsewhere, there's still a good chance we'll see them moving forward.

Edge and Mustang are both NA-only and both have been hits. They aren't going to be axed just because they don't have global appeal. Flex is looking to be that way as well. Will everything share some common architecture? Hopefully yes. But at the same time, hopefully that does NOT mean an end to market-specific models. In fact, utilizing common platform architecture could actually lead to MORE of them.

If there is a market for a product here that won't fly elsewhere, there's still a good chance we'll see them moving forward.

Edge and Mustang are both NA-only and both have been hits. They aren't going to be axed just because they don't have global appeal. Flex is looking to be that way as well. Will everything share some common architecture? Hopefully yes. But at the same time, hopefully that does NOT mean an end to market-specific models. In fact, utilizing common platform architecture could actually lead to MORE of them.

I agree, and I think we'll see at least the same number of market-specific products, if not (and we likely will see) more.

Edge and Mustang are both NA-only and both have been hits.

I thought Ford was going to start selling Edge's in South America?

I thought Ford was going to start selling Edge's in South America?

I think he's just trying to push the point that several NA-only (at least up to this point) vehicles have been successful.

I don't think the decision to sell Edges in S. America was based on NA sales numbers.

hi Richard,

Interesting point, noub.

I'd prefer a wagon the size of a Fusion, but would settle for a Focus sized wagon. Hopefully NA will once again get a Focus wagon in a couple of years when we get the C2s. I just hope we don't get the Kuga instead of a Focus wagon (I know we'll likely get the Kuga, which is fine by me, I just don't want it to replace the Focus wagon in the lineup (or will the Kuga replace the Escape?)).

Anyway, I know I'm in the minority in the US, but for my needs, I just cant beat the drivability and practicality of a mid sized wagon, and I don't want the added expense of the current mid sized wagons from Volvo, BMW and Mercedes.

I should probably just bite the bullet, and get a Mazda5.

Edited by richardmayo

Interesting point, noub.

I'd prefer a wagon the size of a Fusion, but would settle for a Focus sized wagon. Hopefully NA will once again get a Focus wagon in a couple of years when we get the C2s. I just hope we don't get the Kuga instead of a Focus wagon (I know we'll likely get the Kuga, which is fine by me, I just don't want it to replace the Focus wagon in the lineup (or will the Kuga replace the Escape?)).

Anyway, I know I'm in the minority in the US, but for my needs, I just cant beat the drivability and practicality of a mid sized wagon, and I don't want the added expense of the current mid sized wagons from Volvo, BMW and Mercedes.

I should probably just bite the bullet, and get a Mazda5.

From my understanding of the situation, the Focus wagons will return with the use of the C2 platform (for a truly global Focus) Also, I believe the Kuga is to replace the Escape, although I believe both could be sold alongside each other, Escape with boxy truck styling while the Kuga has curvy, etc. styling.

The Flex is all new and will move over when finished and TX is dead.

The last D2 / D2-3 vehicle is the Explorer and it will probably also be the last one to leave.

Igor

Igor,

Heard anything on a different version of the Flex???? Like 20-- MY Just curious

• 2 months later...