Flex for sale on craigslist

BRAND NEW 09 Ford Flex, first one is

Reply to: sale-741665581@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-07-03, 11:30AM PDT

Today we are putting it in the showroom. It is an 09 Ford Flex, the first one to come in so this WILL NOT last. Call me today if you want it. Every option under the sun is on the vehicle. It is considered a crossover with 3rd row seating. Black with black interior, beautiful car, Drives amazing. Price is 57,740 firm, like I said its the first one so it wont last. Call me,

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/741665581.html

Well if you think that bad the Hyundai dealer in Santa Ana (Douglas I think) is tacking $5,000 in ADM to the sticker price of the V-6 Genesis.

yeah but the Genesis is a limited supply vehicle from a recognized high line, highly desirable manufacturer...they SHOULD have sent the first ones to barret Jackson....snicker.

Just like a local Dodge dealer. They have a black Challenger SRT8 on their lot going for just under $61K.

Heck you can go to edmunds, build it with all options and including the destination charge it comes out to roughly $41K-$42K.

Just shows you what dealers can get away with. You know some poor sole, or rich idiot will be willing to pay.

keep in mind that 61k is a starting point...thru haggling that figure gos down, dealer is just trying to maximise his negotiating margin so the customer "thinks" he is getting a deal.....it ALSO weeds out a LOT of prospective wannabees.....don't agree with the tactic, but it is what it is...

keep in mind that 61k is a starting point...thru haggling that figure gos down, dealer is just trying to maximise his negotiating margin so the customer "thinks" he is getting a deal.....it ALSO weeds out a LOT of prospective wannabees.....don't agree with the tactic, but it is what it is...

True, but like I've told you before, these practices are how I can tell a real honest noteworthy dealer from another. I do my research and notice if they are asking over $3-$5K over MSRP from what I build through the manufacturers site or through edmunds, then I know I wouldn't purchase from them. Of course if the vehicle has been modified and the cost is over that $3K-$5K mark, I will take into account what items have been added and the average cost and install of those parts would be.

Dealers are tricky and they'll take you for all you've got. Seems like there is no regulation on what they can charge for a vehicle. So the consumer has to take it upon themselves to research as much as possible to avoid any mark ups like this. My dealer is decent at keeping their vehicles listed for MSRP, except for their specifty vehicles. Check my sig for my local dealer and some of their supposed "Car Candy". $154K for an F650 YETI with a Cat 7.2L. Very nice, but too rich for my blood.

Edited by V8-X

True, but like I've told you before, these practices are how I can tell a real honest noteworthy dealer from another. I do my research and notice if they are asking over $3-$5K over MSRP from what I build through the manufacturers site or through edmunds, then I know I wouldn't purchase from them. Of course if the vehicle has been modified and the cost is over that $3K-$5K mark, I will take into account what items have been added and the average cost and install of those parts would be.

Dealers are tricky and they'll take you for all you've got. Seems like there is no regulation on what they can charge for a vehicle. So the consumer has to take it upon themselves to research as much as possible to avoid any mark ups like this. My dealer is decent at keeping their vehicles listed for MSRP, except for their specifty vehicles. Check my sig for my local dealer and some of their supposed "Car Candy". $154K for an F650 YETI with a Cat 7.2L. Very nice, but too rich for my blood.

we are the same way...no markups except on the specialty ie GT500's...none on the Shelbys or Bullits even....careful with sweeping stereotypical comments V8....or preface barbs withe the word "some"......

My dealer has 2 Flex's (at a normal price) that haven't sold and is getting antsy... If someone is willing to do the research, (as they seem to be by using Craigslist), then they wouldn't need to pay more for it.

So for the person that is willing to pay for this $57K ticket, forget Prep H, I'm willing to slam a cactus up their hole and twist it in real deep while in the middle of the Town's Square for all to watch while chanting Satans name...

It would be absolutely absurd to pay over sticker for a Genesis. We picked up a 2009 FX35 for 1900 off the MSRP last night, and I'd be damned otherwise. If Hyundai dealers feel that they have a product without the name behind it, yet the higher sticker price, they have another thing coming.

After 5K in ADM you are looking at 41K for a mid level V-6 Genesis. Meanwhile, at the Lincoln dealer a mid level MKS was 37K..... If I could have placed my hands on an MKS with the options I wanted NOW, I'd have one.

It would be absolutely absurd to pay over sticker for a Genesis. We picked up a 2009 FX35 for 1900 off the MSRP last night, and I'd be damned otherwise. If Hyundai dealers feel that they have a product without the name behind it, yet the higher sticker price, they have another thing coming.

After 5K in ADM you are looking at 41K for a mid level V-6 Genesis. Meanwhile, at the Lincoln dealer a mid level MKS was 37K..... If I could have placed my hands on an MKS with the options I wanted NOW, I'd have one.

So you got rid of the Volvo?

we are the same way...no markups except on the specialty ie GT500's...none on the Shelbys or Bullits even....careful with sweeping stereotypical comments V8....or preface barbs withe the word "some"......

Deanh: Sorry if you are offended by my comments. Sure not all dealers are shady, heck maybe even the majority aren't. But you have to admit, and I'm sure there is a huge population out there that will agree, finding a reputable dealer, no matter if it's new or used dealer, they've either been taken to the bank or the dealer has at least tried. This is my experience and my experience only, but of the many dealers I have visited in the Denver Metro Area, more deal if shady practices than do not. Scary part is, I mostly only visit Ford dealers in the area, which is kind of sad.

So you got rid of the Volvo?

I switched jobs and the Volvo ended up being handed over to my old employer.

Anyhow, 49K for a Buy it Now Price??? First of all this is not a Challenger SRT8, nor is it an M3 or GT500. At that price point you can without a doubt pickup a nicely equipped GS350, M35 and an MKS. All of which have luxury badges, and have about the same amount of horsepower and performance. Hyundai dealers are nuts..

I switched jobs and the Volvo ended up being handed over to my old employer.

Anyhow, 49K for a Buy it Now Price??? First of all this is not a Challenger SRT8, nor is it an M3 or GT500. At that price point you can without a doubt pickup a nicely equipped GS350, M35 and an MKS. All of which have luxury badges, and have about the same amount of horsepower and performance. Hyundai dealers are nuts..

I see, well I hope you enjoy your FX. My friend's dad has an 04 or 05 FX35 and he has enjoyed it.

And I agree with you about Hyundai.